- Jose Abreu leaves White Sox game vs. Royals with hip injury
CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu has left Wednesday's game against the Royals with a mild right hip flexor strain.
- Altuve out of Astros' lineup a day after collision
CLEVELAND (AP) — Houston Astros second baseman Jose Altuve is out of the starting lineup Wednesday night, a day after colliding with a teammate in the outfield.
- Ticket promotions help big league clubs draw in fans
Capital News Service (AP) — All eyes focused on the base path at Camden Yards, and nothing stood in HER way.
- Pirates rookie Ngoepe 1st African player to reach majors
PITTSBURGH (AP) — The Pittsburgh Pirates have called up infielder Gift Ngoepe, making him what they say is the first player from Africa to reach the major leagues.
- Raiders bring RB Marshawn Lynch out of retirement
ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) — Marshawn Lynch is coming out of retirement after agreeing on a two-year deal with the Raiders that paved the way for a trade to his hometown team in Oakland.