- Phillies wilt after delay, Braves win 7-6
ATLANTA (AP) — Mid-game rain washed away a promising start for the Philadelphia Phillies on Tuesday night.
- Posey, Pence go back-to-back as Giants beat Rockies 12-3
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Buster Posey's 1,000th hit came on a home run that bounced off the top of the wall and over. The fan who grabbed the souvenir ball gladly returned it, and Posey offered a bat in trade.
- Freeman homers, extends streak; Braves beat Phillies 7-6
ATLANTA (AP) — A rare burst of Georgia rain following a mostly dry summer helped Freddie Freeman and the Atlanta Braves remain red-hot.
- Marte, Nolasco lead Angels over A's 8-1
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Say this for Los Angeles Angels rookie Jefry Marte, he understands good timing.
- Reds give up 5 homers in 12-5 loss to Cardinals
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Cincinnati manager Bryan Price knew the St. Louis Cardinals would be out for revenge after the Reds rolled to a 13-run blowout in the opener of their four-game series Monday night.