- Brooking, Hearst part of 8 to be inducted to Georgia Hall
MACON, Ga. (AP) — Former Georgia Tech and Atlanta Falcons linebacker Keith Brooking and former Georgia and NFL running back Garrison Hearst are part of an eight-member 2017 class of inductees into the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame.
- Stolen base at World Series means free tacos at Taco Bell
CLEVELAND (AP) — A stolen base in the World Series means free tacos for everyone next week at Taco Bell.
- USC reloads and takes aim at 2nd straight NCAA tourney berth
LOS ANGELES (AP) — It's more about reloading than rebuilding at Southern California. The Trojans reached the NCAA Tournament last season after winning just five Pac-12 games the previous two years under coach Andy Enfield.
- Trial starts in slaying of ex-pro hockey player's wife
BATH, N.Y. (AP) — Testimony has begun in the trial of a man charged with killing an upstate New York woman in a murder-for-hire plot with her husband, a former professional hockey player.
- Indians fan gives up plane seat so Lofton makes World Series
MARBLEHEAD, Ohio (AP) — A longtime Cleveland Indians fan says he didn't think twice about giving up his plane seat to make sure former outfielder Kenny Lofton arrived in time to throw out the ceremonial first pitch as this year's World Series began.