- Cards ace Wainwright on 15-day DL, could be out much longer
Adam Wainwright was a cheerleader on the St. Louis Cardinals' 2011 World Series title team, out the entire year following reconstructive elbow surgery, suiting up and slapping fives in the dugout.
- NL teams experimenting with pitchers hitting 8th
Amid a testy start to the season — looking at you, Bryan Price; also you, Royals, White Sox and Athletics — comes a bit of managerial creativity sure to put a smile on the face of any innovative Strat-O-Matic player.
- LEADING OFF: Wainwright gets MRI, Russell ready for Wrigley
A look at what's happening all around the major leagues today:
- Grizzlies, Bulls wary even with big leads in playoffs
The Grizzlies and Bulls head into their games Monday night in complete control of their respective series, needing just one more victory to advance to the next round.
- Capitals-Islanders Game 7 stirs 'Epic' memories
There's only been one Game 7 between the Capitals and Islanders, but it has stood the test of time — lots and lots and lots of time — as one of the great games in postseason annals.