- Lawmakers consider boosting funds to defend LGBT rights law
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina lawmakers took steps Thursday to set aside a half-million dollars for the legal defense of a law limiting protections for LGBT people as a judge sought to streamline a cluster of lawsuits it has inspired.
- Mets RF Curtis Granderson sidelined with strained calf
NEW YORK (AP) — Curtis Granderson was out of the New York Mets' lineup again Thursday night because of an injured right calf.
- Marlins acquire Fernando Rodney in trade with San Diego
ATLANTA (AP) — Manager Don Mattingly will wait until Friday to announce how the Miami Marlins will use newly acquired closer Fernando Rodney.
- Twins fall again, 6-5, as White Sox take series
CHICAGO (AP) — The Twins are in the middle of the worst season in their Minnesota history, and there's no relief in sight.
- Cavs extend qualifying offer to guard Matthew Dellavedova
CLEVELAND (AP) — The NBA champion Cavaliers have made a qualifying offer to popular backup point guard Matthew Dellavedova, making him a restricted free agent.