- Red Sox more optimistic despite another last-place finish
BOSTON (AP) — The Boston Red Sox tried to buy their way out of the AL East cellar last offseason with splashy free agents, guaranteeing Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval a total of $183 million.
- College player union leaders still pushing for changes
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Ramogi Huma and Kain Colter are fighting back.
- Buccaneers waive struggling kicker Kyle Brindza
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Kyle Brindza has missed his last kick for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Giants miss playoffs again after latest championship run
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The defending champion Giants missed the playoffs in yet another odd-year disappointment, as has become the recent pattern following title runs.
- Rams' Ogletree to undergo right ankle surgery
ST. LOUIS (AP) — St. Louis Rams outside linebacker Alec Ogletree, the team's leading tackler, will undergo surgery Tuesday for a broken right ankle and could be out for the season.