- LEADING OFF: Fiers to make 1st start since no-hitter
A look at what's happening all around the major leagues today:
- Arbour's success with 1 team _ Isles _ stands out to Bowman
Of Al Arbour's numerous NHL achievements, one stands out to his former coaching colleague and mentor, Scotty Bowman.
- Passed balls cost A's in 6-4 loss to Diamondbacks
PHOENIX (AP) — Stephen Vogt couldn't do anything more than feel terrible about his two passed balls in one inning, mistakes that cost the Oakland Athletics the lead in their latest loss.
- Cardinals rally, lose in ninth on Tomlinson winning single
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Michael Wacha is never surprised that the St. Louis Cardinals find a way to come back even if behind big early.
- Hammel walks 5 in Cubs' 4-1 loss to Dodgers in series opener
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Jason Hammel eagerly anticipated matching up against Clayton Kershaw. The Cubs' right-hander was holding his own through the first five innings while the Dodgers' ace was rolling through Chicago's lineup.