- Correction: Amusement Park Rides-Alabama story
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — In a story Aug. 14 about the lack of unified regulation for amusement park rides, The Associated Press erroneously reported which states have no laws regulating the industry. Montana was omitted from the list, which also includes Alabama, Mississippi, Nevada, Wyoming, and Utah. It also incorrectly included South Dakota, which passed a law requiring inspections in 2014.
- Couple arrested in connection to child abuse of girl
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Police say a couple accused of abusing a child has been arrested.
- Fate of Alabama lottery bill uncertain
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley's proposed lottery faces an uncertain future after a legislative mishap will prevent the issue from getting to voters in November.
- Judge denies bond for man held in 5 Alabama killings
MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — A judge refused to set bond Wednesday for a Mississippi man accused of killing five people and an unborn child who were slain one by one with an ax and shot inside a home in rural Alabama.
- The Latest: Judge denies bond for man held in 5 killings
MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — The Latest on the killing of five people in rural south Alabama (all times local):