- Career academy providing simulated workplace for students
DOTHAN, Ala. (AP) — Glen Malloy breathed a sigh of relief as the first day of classes at the Houston County Career Academy got off to a smooth start.
- Collier says he feels 'vindicated' by grand jury decision
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Former Alabama Law Enforcement Secretary Spencer Collier said Friday he feels vindicated by a grand jury's decision clearing him of criminal wrongdoing and a statement by his attorney accused the governor of using law enforcement resources as a "political tool."
- Chase Elliott seeks playoff-saving victory at Talladega
TALLADEGA, Ala. (AP) — Chase Elliott has been inching toward his first career Sprint Cup victory all year, only to come up short time and time again.
- Long-neglected Alabama War Memorial being restored
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Since the Alabama War Memorial was erected nearly 50 years ago, the garden, marble monuments and the adjacent memorial building have remained virtually untouched - except by vandals.
- Alabama appeals court rules on death penalty cases
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — The Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals is throwing out one inmate's death sentence and upholding another.