- 1 man dead after suspected drug overdose in Birmingham
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Police are investigating after one man died in a suspected drug overdose and others became ill.
- Ala judges weighing whether to perform same-sex weddings
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Fred Hamic is a marrying judge: He's performed about 1,000 weddings during seven years as Geneva County's probate judge and considers the ceremonies a highlight of his job.
- No measles case in Alabama linked to California outbreak
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — State health officials say no one in Alabama has contracted measles linked to the outbreak in California.
- FCC: More than one-third of Alabamians lack broadband
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — The federal government says more than one-third of Alabama residents lack broadband internet service.
- Bentley asks to keep gay marriage ruling on hold
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley is asking an appellate court to stay a judge's decision that overturned Alabama's ban on gay marriage.