- Alabama honors Southern soldiers on Confederate Memorial Day
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — The only black man clad in the gray woolen uniform of a Confederate soldier, H.K. Edgerton stood up Monday and told the crowd at the Alabama Capitol building to never forget his fellow African-Americans who died fighting for the South in the Civil War.
- Sankey doesn't view parts of recruiting package as 'healthy'
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Southeastern Conference Commissioner Greg Sankey is hoping for further review of new football recruiting rules to be considered by the NCAA's Board of Governors this week.
- Christian Coalition of Alabama chairman to run for US Senate
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Dr. Randy Brinson, a Montgomery gastroenterologist and chairman of the Christian Coalition of Alabama, is running for U.S. Senate.
- Birmingham lawyer charged with misappropriating funds
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A Birmingham lawyer has been accused of misappropriating federal funds meant for a volunteer legal program.
- Former worker at Alabama prison charged with bribery
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A former worker at a federal prison in Alabama has agreed to plead guilty to a bribery charge involving inmates.