- Mississippi State tops Alabama 4-1 for 12th straight victory
HOOVER, Ala. (AP) — Zac Houston allowed four hits in 8 2/3 innings and Gavin Collins went 4 for 4 with a homer to help Mississippi State beat Alabama 4-1 on Wednesday night in the Southeastern Conference Tournament.
- Ex-Auburn baseball coach sues seeking $1 million buyout
AUBURN, Ala. (AP) — Former Auburn baseball coach Sunny Golloway has filed suit in federal court seeking payment of his $1 million buyout.
- Alabama speaker's former chief of staff takes stand
OPELIKA, Ala. (AP) — Alabama House Speaker Mike Hubbard's former chief of staff testified Wednesday that he became uncomfortable at times when Hubbard's personal business dealings appeared to intersect with the official functions of his office.
- Lartique powers Ole Miss past South Carolina, 10-4
HOOVER, Ala. (AP) — Henry Lartique had four hits, including a three-run homer in the eighth inning, to power Mississippi past South Carolina 10- 4 on Wednesday in the Southeastern Conference tournament.
- FBI chief speaks at civil rights, law enforcement conference
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Working to protect Americans' civil rights is in some ways more difficult today because of an assumption that advances mean the fight for equality has been settled, FBI Director James Comey said Wednesday.