- Artis-Payne, Marshall lead No. 16 Auburn to win
AUBURN, Ala. (AP) — Nick Marshall knows the Auburn Tigers can't afford to keep starting games sluggishly.
- Alabama A&M beats Oakwood 81-61.
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (AP) — Alabama A&M picked up its first victory of the season by defeating Oakwood 81-61 on Saturday night.
- No. 2 Alabama rolls past Western Carolina 48-14
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Banged up in two straight wins over SEC West bruisers, No. 2 Alabama took a while to overwhelm a lower-division team that wasn't supposed to be able to put up much of a fight.
- Jacksonville St comes back, beats Miles 88-71
JACKSONVILLE, Ala. (AP) — Avery Moore and Jamal Hunter each scored 17 points and Hunter grabbed 17 rebounds to lead Jacksonville State in an 88-71 comeback over Division II Miles on Saturday.
- Alabama State downs Stillman 30-27 in comeback
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Malcolm Cyrus ran for 162 yards and three touchdowns and scored the game-winner on a 3-yard run Saturday to give Alabama State a 30-27 comeback win over Division II Stillman.