- American Airlines apologizes to musician for barring violin
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — A concert musician who was not allowed to board a flight with her violin says she hopes the incident will raise awareness of regulations that permit violins and other small instruments as carry-on luggage.
- Federal investigators fault VA review of Texas wait times
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Federal authorities have determined that an investigation by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs into the manipulation of wait times for Texas veterans seeking care was "deficient and unreasonable."
- The Latest: Pelosi says Clinton plays 'experience card'
BURLINGAME, Calif. (AP) — The Latest on the California Republican Party's convention, a stage for the GOP presidential candidates (all times local):
- Who you gonna call? 'Ghostbusters' is back in business
NEW YORK (AP) — For decades, the quest for another "Ghostbusters" movie was as elusive as an ectoplasmic phantom.
- North Carolina lawmaker defends law, acknowledges fallout
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — A leading North Carolina lawmaker has told business leaders he respects their right to speak out against a law limiting protections for LGBT people — but he's not changing his mind.
- Feds call for judge to disband police in polygamous towns
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The federal government is asking a judge to disband the police department in polygamous towns on the Utah-Arizona border found guilty of violating the constitutional rights of nonbelievers.
- Judge allows suit over 2014 Super Bowl tickets to be refiled
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — A lawsuit against the NFL over the number of tickets sold to the public for the 2014 Super Bowl is going forward.
- Underdogs in summer movies include originality, opportunity
NEW YORK (AP) — Hollywood's summer, which kicks off with the fittingly combative "Captain America: Civil War," will be a season of struggle: for box office, for originality and for opportunity.
- The Latest: Prosecutors charge 2 sons in killing of parents
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — The Latest on the arrest of two sons in the shooting deaths of their parents in California. (all times local):
- Trump making case to GOP insiders after chaotic rally scene
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Donald Trump, the outsider, is making his case to California's Republican establishment after he kicked off his crucial campaign for the state's presidential primary with a rally marred by confrontations between protesters and his supporters on the streets.
- The Latest: Dad: Son with fake bomb thought world was ending
BALTIMORE (AP) — The Latest on Alex Brizzi, the man shot and wounded by police after walking into a Baltimore TV station wearing an animal costume and a fake bomb (all times local):
- 8 children, 2 tied up in backyard, rescued from Texas home
SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Authorities say they've rescued eight unsupervised children from a San Antonio home where a 2-year-old boy was chained to the ground in the backyard and a 3-year-old girl was tied to a door with a dog leash.
- Texas schools spare no expense for huge football stadiums
DALLAS (AP) — A suburban Dallas school district grabbed national attention in 2012 when it opened an eye-popping $60 million high school football stadium.
- APNewsBreak: San Francisco chief releases racist texts
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — San Francisco's police chief has ordered effective immediately that all officers attend an anti-harassment class, as he released more transcripts of a former lieutenant and two former officers exchanging racist text messages.
- 'Shuffle Along' deemed a new musical, must face 'Hamilton'
NEW YORK (AP) — The Broadway musical "Shuffle Along" will have to tap-dance against a hip-hop monster for attention at the Tony Awards.