- Lynch: I'll accept findings of lawyers in Clinton email case
WASHINGTON (AP) — Attorney General Loretta Lynch acknowledged Friday that her impromptu meeting with Bill Clinton "cast a shadow" on public perception of the investigation into Hillary Clinton's email. She hastened to add that she would follow the recommendations of career prosecutors on whether to file criminal charges against the former secretary of state.
- US congressman: Chechen extremist behind Istanbul attack
ISTANBUL (AP) — A Chechen extremist masterminded the triple suicide bombing at Istanbul's busiest airport that killed at least 44 people, a U.S. congressman said.
- UK shelves balanced budget goal as Brexit vote roils economy
LONDON (AP) — Britain's Treasury chief on Friday abandoned the government's long-held goal of balancing the nation's books by 2020, warning that the country's vote to leave the European Union had sent shock waves and instability through the U.K. economy.
- AP sources: Obama to reveal civilian deaths from drones
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is expected to disclose as early as Friday the number of civilians killed in U.S. military and CIA drone strikes in Pakistan, Yemen and Africa since he took office and will issue an executive order that makes protecting civilians a more integral part of planning U.S. military operations, according to activists and other individuals familiar with the report.
- Traffic deaths surged in 2015 as driving hit new record
WASHINGTON (AP) — Traffic deaths surged last year as drivers racked up more miles behind the wheel than ever before, a result of an improved economy and lower gas prices, according to preliminary government data released Friday.
- Hassan Whiteside makes his decision: He's staying in Miami
Hassan Whiteside is staying with the Miami Heat.
- AP Source: DeMar DeRozan staying with Raptors
DeMar DeRozan turned the biggest year of his career into a very big contract.
- AP Source: Sabres sign free-agent Okposo to 7-year contract
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — A person with direct knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press that the Buffalo Sabres have reached an agreement to sign forward Kyle Okposo to a seven-year, $42 million contract.
- Russian whistleblower cleared to compete as neutral at Euros
LONDON (AP) — Russian whistleblower Yulia Stepanova was cleared by the IAAF on Friday to compete as a neutral athlete in the European championships and the Rio de Janeiro Olympics.
- The Latest: Serena Williams' match resumes under roof
LONDON (AP) — The Latest from Wimbledon (all times local):