- 2 Alabama men fatally poisoned by carbon monoxide gas
ALBERTVILLE, Ala. (AP) — Neither foul play nor suicide is suspected in the carbon monoxide poisoning deaths of two Alabama men, whose bodies were found in a vehicle in Albertville.
- Court denies execution stay for Alabama death row inmate
ATMORE, Ala. (AP) — The 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has denied a stay of execution for an Alabama inmate who was convicted of killing a convenience store clerk in 1994.
- Alabama ethics panel pulls back on rule hurting nonprofits
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — The Alabama Ethics Commission withdrew an opinion that nonprofits said was hurting their fundraising activities.
- Boyfriend charged in shooting death of young Homewood mother
HOMEWOOD, Ala. (AP) — Police says the 26-year-old boyfriend of a young mother shot to death in her Homewood apartment earlier this week has been formally charged in her slaying.
- Cullman man charged with sending porn to minor
CULLMAN, Ala. (AP) — Sheriff's deputies say a 26-year-old Cullman County man is accused of sending pornographic pictures over the internet.
- Toddler shot outside Birmingham restaurant
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Police say a 4-year-old girl has been wounded by gunfire outside a Birmingham restaurant.
- Alabama scheduled to execute man for clerk's 1994 killing
ATMORE, Ala. (AP) — Alabama is preparing to execute an inmate convicted in the 1994 killing of a convenience store clerk.
- Alabama to execute man condemned when judge overrode jury
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama man convicted of killing a store clerk is scheduled to be executed Thursday, but lawyers for the former Eagle Scout are urging it be blocked because a judge overrode a jury recommendation in imposing the death sentence.
- Alabama quarterback David Cornwell says he's transferring
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Alabama quarterback David Cornwell says he is transferring.
- Gadsden man accused of soliciting child
GADSDEN, Ala. (AP) — A Gadsden man has been arrested after allegedly using an electronic device to entice a child for sexual purposes and to send obscene photos.
- ASHOF class includes late NFL, Alabama player Kevin Turner
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — The late Kevin Turner is being inducted into the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame along with other former NFL players Carnell Williams, Jeff Herrod and Takeo Spikes.
- OSHA: 2nd person dies after Alabama pipeline explosion
HELENA, Ala. (AP) — Officials say a second worker injured in the Oct. 31 explosion of a major gasoline pipeline in Alabama has died.
- Brother of captive teen recalls his time in basement
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Few can know or imagine what it's like being locked in a basement for days, weeks or months, denied the basic needs such as food, water, a bathroom. Denied, even, sunshine or love.
- Police: Alabama man with BB gun leads to meth lab
CULLMAN, Ala. (AP) — Police in Cullman have arrested a 34-year-old man after finding a meth lab inside his home.
- Birmingham police: Man fatally stabbed, suspect at large
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Police say a 29-year-old man died after he was stabbed during an apparent dispute in a Birmingham apartment.