- 2 killed in Autauga County crash
PRATTVILLE, Ala. (AP) — A fatal crash has led to traffic backups on a stretch of U.S. 31 in Autauga County.
- Hearings planned on raising cigarette tax, car rental tax
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama House budget committee will hold a public hearing Tuesday on a proposed cigarette tax increase that's less than a third of the size sought by Gov. Robert Bentley.
- 2 former Jefferson County clerks guilty in tag scheme
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Two Jefferson County revenue clerks have pleaded guilty to ethics charges after accepting payments to allow people to cut in long vehicle tag renewal lines.
- Bentley says gambling won't fix budget problems
DOTHAN, Ala. (AP) — Gov. Robert Bentley says gambling is not the solution to the state's budget woes, and wouldn't provide enough money to stave off deep cuts to law enforcement and other state agencies.
- Phenix City boy expected to recover from shooting
PHENIX CITY, Ala. (AP) — Police say a young boy who was shot in his chest is expected to recover from his injuries.
- 3 found fatally shot inside Birmingham house
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Police in Birmingham are investigating a fatal triple shooting.
- WWII changed life for Ala man raised under Jim Crow laws
DECATUR, Ala. (AP) — Therman White grew up with obstacles: his race, poverty and Jim Crow laws designed to keep blacks separate and unequal.
- Man who escaped detention center turns self in
OPELIKA, Ala. (AP) — An Opelika man who left a detention center turned himself in.
- Police: 15-year-old with mental challenges stabs sister
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Police say a teenager with mental challenges stabbed his 9-year-old sister, who is still hospitalized.
- Edwards and Kenseth question lack of caution at end of race
TALLADEGA, Ala. (AP) — Carl Edwards and Matt Kenseth were both frustrated with the end of the Sprint Cup race Sunday at Talladega Superspeedway, where NASCAR's decision not to throw a caution allowed drivers to speed past Edwards' spinning car.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. cruises to 1st Talladega win since 2004
TALLADEGA, Ala. (AP) — There's something about Talladega Superspeedway — its ardent Earnhardt fans, the success his family has had at the track — that makes Dale Earnhardt Jr. feel a responsibility to put on a show.
- Earnhardt crew chief stays put on injured daughter's orders
TALLADEGA, Ala. (AP) — Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s crew chief, Greg Ives, couldn't get clearance to head home after his daughter broke her arm.
- Jeff Gordon's costly mistake helps ruin weekend at Talladega
TALLADEGA, Ala. (AP) — Jeff Gordon's mistake on pit road helped sour a promising weekend at Talladega Superspeedway.
- NASCAR briefly halts race after 15-car accident at Talladega
TALLADEGA, Ala. (AP) — NASCAR was forced to briefly stop Sunday's race at Talladega Superspeedway to clean up after a 15-car accident.
- Company says it intends to create 100 more jobs in Hartselle
HARTSELLE, Ala. (AP) — Busche Alabama company officials say the firm plans to create 100 additional jobs in Hartselle over the next eight to 12 months.