- UAB coasts to 104-67 win over Florida Atlantic
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Chris Cokley scored 14 points to lead seven Alabama-Birmingham players in double figures for a 104-67 win over Florida Atlantic on Saturday night.
- Authorities: 1 dead, 2 critical after shooting at casino
EUTAW, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say one person is dead and two are critically injured after a shooting at the Greenetrack casino in Eutaw.
- Tennessee Tech breaks away from Jacksonville State 68-58
JACKSONVILLE, Ala. (AP) — Aleksa Jugovic and Torrance Rowe scored 16 points each as Tennessee Tech broke away from a halftime tie to defeat Jacksonville State 68-58 on Saturday for a fourth-straight win.
- Police: 9-year-old girl fatally shot by 3-year-old brother
IRONDALE, Ala. (AP) — Police say a 3-year-old Alabama boy has accidentally shot and killed his 9-year-old sister.
- Alabama's Norris leads Tide past Missouri 80-71
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Riley Norris made three 3-pointers and scored 18 points to help Alabama beat Missouri 80-71 on Saturday.
- Alabama governor tours Pickens County tornado damage
ALICEVILLE, Ala. (AP) — Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley visited rural west Alabama to discuss the state's response to storms that caused significant damage in several areas.
- Wofford wins close game with Samford, 78-75
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Spencer Collins scored 18 points and added seven rebounds to help lead Wofford to a 78-75 win over Samford on Saturday.
- Teacher charged with sexual acts with a student in Alabama
ENTERPRISE, Ala. (AP) — Police say a high school teacher in Alabama has been arrested on a sex-related charge involving him and a student.
- More than 800 in the state face eviction from public housing
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — More than 800 Alabamians could face eviction from public housing under a new proposal that would cut off assistance for higher-earning individuals.
- Brantley teen overwhelmed with support before cancer fight
BRANTLEY, Ala. (AP) — Alex Wilcox passively stands, eyes darting around at the scene, her shy nature overwhelmed.
- Outreach planned on new federal voter registration rule
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Alabama's secretary of state says his office is preparing a public outreach campaign about a new requirement in federal voter registration forms.
- Alabama governor authorizes tuberculosis response funding
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley on Friday announced the authorization of more than $200,000 in emergency funding to help public health officials continue responding to a tuberculosis outbreak in Perry County.
- Man found shot to death on Alabama roadway identified
OPELIKA, Ala. (AP) — A coroner has identified the 19-year-old man found shot to death on an Alabama roadway.
- 2 men found dead in Phenix City home
PHENIX CITY, Ala. (AP) — Authorities have begun a homicide investigation after two men were found dead in a Phenix City home.
- Norton scores 15 points, UAB holds off FIU 74-69
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Nick Norton scored 15 points and Alabama-Birmingham held off Florida International 74-69 on Thursday night.