- Woman accused of fatally stabbing man in Alabama
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say a woman has been charged after a man was fatally stabbed in Alabama.
- No. 1 Alabama gears up for stretch run, rat poison and all
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Alabama is unbeaten, scarcely challenged and dominating on both sides of the ball.
- Boaters share their experiences cruising the Great Loop
DECATUR, Ala. (AP) — A Huntsville couple is among several Alabama boaters who have embarked on the more than 6,000-mile voyage through the so-called Great Loop.
- NASA administrator due at Von Braun symposium
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (AP) — Acting NASA administrator Robert Lightfoot is among the speakers scheduled to appear this week in Huntsville at a meeting on space exploration.
- Author creates coloring book focusing on counties in Alabama
AUBURN, Ala. (AP) — An Auburn resident is combining history and art in a new coloring book that features the 67 counties of Alabama.
- Davis throws 3 TDs, S Alabama beats Louisiana Monroe 33-23
MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — Dallas Davis passed for 317 yards and a career-high three touchdowns, Xavier Johnson became South Alabama's career rushing leader and the Jaguars beat Louisiana Monroe 33-23 Saturday night.
- No. 1 Alabama routs struggling rival Tennessee, 45-7
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Alabama went into halftime up by three touchdowns and not particularly happy.
- Funeral services set for Alabama officer killed in crash
MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — Funeral services have been set for an Alabama police sergeant killed in a crash on Thursday.
- Alabama town looks to Georgia for downtown inspiration
PRATTVILLE, Ala. (AP) — People working to revitalize downtown in the Alabama community of Prattville are looking to a Georgia city for inspiration.
- Racial violence symposium set for Birmingham museum
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — The Birmingham Civil Rights Institute is the site of a weekend event to help document the story of racial violence in America.
- Deer restocking program means big bucks for hunting industry
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — It seems hard to believe, but there was a time when Alabama was not the deer hunting destination it is today.
- Alabama will give names of crossover voters to prosecutors
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — The names of Alabama voters who crossed party lines to vote in last month's Republican Senate runoff will be given to prosecutors, the state's election chief said Friday.
- Alabama inmate defiant before execution for killing officer
ATMORE, Ala. (AP) — The convicted killer of a police officer used his final moments before being put to death to curse at the state of Alabama, raising his middle fingers in defiance at the start of a lethal injection his lawyers described as inhumanely painful.
- Alabama will give names of cross-over voters to prosecutors
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — The names of Alabama voters who crossed party lines to vote in last month's Republican Senate runoff will be given to prosecutors by the state's election chief.
- Man charged with killing 92-year-old woman in home invasion
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — A suspect has been arrested in connection with the home invasion and slaying of a 92-year-old Alabama woman.