- Fort Payne mom fought cancer with 'unrivaled determination'
FORT PAYNE, Ala. (AP) — Within 24 hours of giving birth to her third son, neurologist Jessica Crowder learned she was terminally ill.
- Former Tuscaloosa Co. school board member trains show dogs
DUNCANVILLE, Ala. (AP) — As Joe Boteler looks at Buck, his 10-year-old German shorthaired pointer, he sees more than just a dog.
- Alabama AD Bill Battle announces plans to step down
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Alabama athletic director Bill Battle plans to step down and assume a new role as special assistant to the president.
- Attorney General Lynch: 'We have always pushed forward'
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Attorney General Loretta Lynch, in her final speech as head of the Justice Department, praised the work of the Obama administration to advance the dream of justice and said worries of difficult days ahead should be a call for action, not despair.
- Church's Sit-in Café is inspired by civil rights movement
PHENIX CITY, Ala. (AP) — As a young man, the Rev. Noble Williams worked as a locomotive engineer and he would periodically have to stay overnight in Birmingham, Ala.
- Deputies probe cause of fire that destroyed Alabama bridge
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Authorities are investigating what caused a fire that destroyed a bridge in north Tuscaloosa County.
- A restaurant revolution on Dauphin Island
DAUPHIN ISLAND, Ala. (AP) — Dauphin Island, population 1,283, is having a revolution, but not a single shot has been fired. With several new restaurants opening and a remarkable diversity of offerings, the laid-back residents are experiencing an uprising of upstart eateries.
- Alabama State holds off Alabama A&M late spurt, wins 57-55
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (AP) — Tony Armstrong scored 16 points and Alabama State held off Alabama A&M for a 57-55 victory on Saturday night.
- Person hits 10 3s in Troy win over Texas-Arlington
TROY, Ala. (AP) — Wesley Person scored a career-high 39 points with 10 3-pointers, Jordon Varnado added 24 and grabbed eight rebounds, and Troy beat Texas-Arlington 93-71 on Saturday.
- South Alabama rallies to beat Texas State 72-67 in OT
MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — Shaq Calhoun scored 26 points as South Alabama rallied late to beat Texas State 72-67 in overtime Saturday.
- Judge appoints Danny Carr as Jefferson County's interim DA
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama judge has signed orders suspending Charles Henderson as the Jefferson County District Attorney.
- UAB powers past Marshall for 4th straight win
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — William Lee scored 22 points, added 17 rebounds and five assists, and UAB earned its fourth straight victory in a 94-78 win over Marshall on Saturday.
- US Geological Survey says earthquake recorded in Florence
FLORENCE, Ala. (AP) — That shaking on the ground felt recently near Florence was the result of a small earthquake.
- Pedestrian killed on I-59 north in Jefferson County
ARGO, Ala. (AP) — Alabama State Police say a pedestrian was struck and killed by a vehicle on Interstate 59 North near Argo in Jefferson County.
- Cobb, Parker and other Democrats eye possible races in 2018
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Sue Bell Cobb was elected chief justice of the Alabama Supreme Court in 2006 in a campaign that emphasized her decades as a judge and featured catchy commercials with the gospel tune "This Little Light of Mine."