- Truck drives off bridge, plunges into river in Alabama
GADSDEN, Ala. (AP) — A search is resuming Monday for a truck that drove off a bridge and plunged into a river in Alabama.
- Jimenez holds on to win Regions Tradition for first major
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Miguel Angel Jimenez finally got to light up a victory cigar after winning a senior major championship.
- Arrest records of Rosa Parks, MLK to be preserved
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Yellowing court records from the arrests of Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King Jr. and others at the dawn of the modern civil rights era are being preserved and digitized after being discovered, folded and wrapped in rubber bands, in a courthouse box.
- Finalists named for book award honoring Harper Lee
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Three books have been announced as finalists for the 2018 Harper Lee Prize for Legal Fiction, and the public can vote for the winner online.
- 'Tin Man' to fill empty windows with art project
SELMA, Ala. (AP) — Charlie "Tin Man" Lucas is tired of seeing windows boarded up with plywood throughout Selma.
- High school senior goes through college commencement first
GREENHILL, Ala. (AP) — Rogers High School senior Caden Behel has a college commencement ceremony down, and one high school commencement to go.
- ADC endorses Maddox in race for governor
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Tuscaloosa Mayor Walt Maddox Saturday won a key endorsement Saturday from the Alabama Democratic Conference, the state's largest African-American political organization, as he seeks to win the Democratic primary for governor.
- Seeking first major, Jimenez grabs 3-shot lead at Regions
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Miguel Angel Jimenez wasn't about to change his evening plans even with a shot at winning his first senior major championship.
- Selma man convicted in slaying of student over cellphone
SELMA, Ala. (AP) — A 22-year-old man has been convicted in the fatal shooting of girl killed over a cellphone.
- Hangout Fest continuing on Alabama coast
GULF SHORES, Ala. (AP) — Organizers of the Hangout Music Festival at Gulf Shores, Alabama, are hoping for improving weather after a wet start to the event.
- Foster mom cares for more than 60 children over 22 years
DECATUR, Ala. (AP) — Hundreds of photographs documenting the lives of dozens of children fill Fran Davis' country home. Displayed on the refrigerator, in albums and on her iPad, the pictures captured everyday moments — of picnics, bike riding and afternoon naps — and milestone events — of first steps, first birthdays and first smiles.
- Authorities ID trucker found dead in Alabama as Ohio man
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Authorities have identified the trucker found dead at an Alabama gas station earlier this week as a 55-year-old Ohio man.
- Sauers, Jimenez tied after 2nd round of Champions Tour major
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Gene Sauers shot a 5-under 67 to move into a first-place tie with Miguel Angel Jimenez on Friday in the second round of the Regions Tradition, the first of five PGA Tour Champions majors.
- Alabama closes shellfish growing waters in Baldwin County
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — The Alabama Department of Public Health has closed shellfish growing waters in Baldwin County.
- He just wanted a burger: Civil rights pioneer made history
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Bruce Boynton is a civil rights pioneer most people have never heard of.