- Moss, Florida shut down LSU 1-0 to make SEC title game
HOOVER, Ala. (AP) — Scott Moss pitched six scoreless innings and Florida advanced to the Southeastern Conference tournament championship game with a 1-0 victory over LSU on Saturday.
- Pennington's homer helps Texas A&M rally past Ole Miss, 12-8
HOOVER, Ala. (AP) — Pinch-hitter Walker Pennington hit a three-run, go-ahead homer in the eighth inning and Texas A&M beat Mississippi 12-8 on Saturday to advance to the Southeastern Conference Tournament championship game.
- Authorities urge extreme caution on state's waterways
AUBURN, Ala. (AP) — Authorities are urging boaters to take extreme caution on the Alabama waterways during the busy Memorial Day weekend.
- Woman charged with manslaughter after crash kills passenger
LUVERNE, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say an Alabama woman accused of causing a single-vehicle crash that claimed the life of her passenger has been arrested.
- Alabama legalizing to-go beer from breweries
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — How about a beer to go?
- Foster parents find challenge, reward in caring for children
DOTHAN, Ala. (AP) — When she handed over her first foster child, still an infant, it felt like someone reached into Vanessa Rea's chest, pulled out her heart and tore it in pieces.
- Schwarz leads Florida past Mississippi State in SEC, 12-2
HOOVER, Ala. (AP) — JJ Schwarz was 4 for 5 with four RBIs runs to lead Florida to a 12-2, seven-inning victory over regular-season champion Mississippi State on Friday night in a Southeastern Conference Tournament elimination game.
- Testimony: Speaker got consulting job because of position
OPELIKA, Ala. (AP) — Alabama House Speaker Mike Hubbard helped arrange and attended meetings with state officials as part of his economic development work for a municipal-owned gas utility, southeast Alabama officials testified Friday.
- Simonds, Texas A&M rout Vanderbilt 13-3 in SEC tournament
HOOVER, Ala. (AP) — Kyle Simonds pitched another strong game against Vanderbilt and Texas A&M scored seven runs in the first inning of a 13-3 win Friday, advancing in the Southeastern Conference tournament.
- Alabama AG to schools: Ignore Obama on school bathrooms
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Alabama Attorney General Luther Strange is urging state schools to ignore the Obama administration's directive on transgender students and school bathrooms.
- Suspended Alabama chief justice sues state judicial panel
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Suspended Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore filed a federal lawsuit Friday against the state agency that leveled ethics charges against him, claiming the state law that led to his removal from the bench is unconstitutional.
- Couple in Alabama arrested after physically abusing child
COLUMBIANA, Ala. (AP) — A couple in central Alabama accused of child abuse and forcing him to do yardwork to the point of injury has been arrested.
- Alabama Supreme Court annuls its ruling on lesbian adoption
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — The Alabama Supreme Court has voided its earlier decision not to recognize a lesbian couple's adoption that was carried out in another state.
- 2 additional travel-related Zika cases confirmed in Alabama
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Alabama Department of Public Health officials have confirmed two additional travel-related Zika cases in the state.
- Inmate recaptured after escaping work release center
LOXLEY, Ala. (AP) — Alabama Department of Corrections officials say an inmate who escaped a work release site has been recaptured.