- Auburn University student chosen as Rhodes scholar
AUBURN, Ala. (AP) — A college senior from Alabama has been chosen as a Rhodes scholar.
- Many Christian conservatives are backing Alabama's Roy Moore
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Alabama's Christian conservatives see Roy Moore as their champion. He has battled federal judges and castigated liberals, big government, gun control, Muslims, homosexuality and anything else that doesn't fit the evangelical mold.
- With dam cleared from creek, endangered fish expand range
PINSON, Ala. (AP) — Populations of an endangered fish have been found in new areas of an Alabama creek, upstream of where a dam was removed four years ago in an effort to expand the fish's range.
- Lure of migrating birds attracts out-of-state volunteers
DECATUR, Ala. (AP) — Fourteen years ago, after retiring from 40 years in real estate, a New Hampshire couple, along with their nine parrots, loaded into a recreational vehicle and set off on a journey across the country to volunteer at wildlife refuges and national parks.
- Samford edges Furman 26-20
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Devlin Hodges threw for two touchdowns as Samford edged Furman 26-20 in a regular season closer on Saturday afternoon.
- Smith caps 2nd-half drives with TDs in Alabama A&M 21-13 win
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (AP) — Dylan Smith threw for a pair of touchdowns on two sustained drives after halftime as Alabama A&M rallied past upset-minded Division II Kentucky State 21-13 Saturday.
- No. 6 Auburn rips Louisiana-Monroe 42-14; No. 1 Tide next
AUBURN, Ala. (AP) — Auburn players could be forgiven for looking ahead to next week's visit from No. 1 Alabama.
- Anti-gay supporters rally for Moore, worrying LGBT community
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A smiling Roy Moore stood shoulder to shoulder with his fiercest religious allies.
- Moore critic: Alabama Senate race a battle for nation's soul
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A leading figure among religious liberals says the candidacy of Republican Roy Moore for U.S. Senate is a struggle for the "soul of the nation."
- No. 1 Alabama blasts Mercer 56-0, moves on to Iron Bowl
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Alabama came out of the locker room with one touchdown drive after another, clearly not too distracted by thoughts of the Iron Bowl.
- Bodies found in Alabama linked to missing rapper, promoter
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Two bodies found over the weekend in a rural area are believed to be an Atlanta-based rapper and his cousin, a music promoter, an Alabama sheriff said Saturday. Both had been missing for several days.
- The Latest: Church leaders who oppose Roy Moore hold rally
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — The Latest on U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore of Alabama (all times local):
- Alabama tourist town gets financial boost for storm cleanup
DAUPHIN ISLAND, Ala. (AP) — The mayor of a coastal Alabama community says its recovery after Hurricane Nate is expected to ramp up now that a disaster declaration has been issued.
- Alabama sits injured Pierschbacher, Fitzpatrick vs. Mercer
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Alabama safety Minkah Fitzpatrick and guard Ross Pierschbacher were held out of Saturday's game with Mercer.
- Hyundai, other Alabama employers compete for skilled workers
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Some of Alabama's top job providers have been working to find more people trained in industrial maintenance.