- Tim Lincecum sharp in showcase for big league scouts
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) — Tim Lincecum strode to the mound inside a nearly empty Scottsdale Stadium, the only sounds coming from the birds and the cars on the streets outside.
- Gathers trades high tops for cleats, takes shot with Cowboys
IRVING, Texas (AP) — One of the first times Rico Gathers put on pads after the former Baylor basketball player decided to pursue a career in the NFL, he was asked to dunk in them.
- Hawks lineup change: Sefolosha for Korver in Game 3 vs Cavs
ATLANTA (AP) — After losing the first two games in Cleveland, the Atlanta Hawks made a lineup change for Game 3 on Friday night against the Cavaliers.
- Athletics-Orioles game postponed, to be played as split DH
BALTIMORE (AP) — The Baltimore Orioles and Oakland Athletics will play a split doubleheader Saturday after Friday night's game was postponed by rain.
- QBs Boykin, Adams getting chance to impress for Seahawks
RENTON, Wash. (AP) — Trevon Boykin and Vernon Adams are getting a chance this weekend to pull off their best Russell Wilson impersonation.
- Benn, Holtby, Kane are Ted Lindsay Award finalists
TORONTO (AP) — Dallas forward Jamie Benn, Washington goalie Braden Holtby and Chicago forward Patrick Kane are the finalists for the Ted Lindsay Award as the NHL's most outstanding player.
- Cardinals sign 1st-round pick Nkemdiche, 2 others
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) — The Arizona Cardinals have signed first-round draft pick Robert Nkemdiche to a four-year contract with a fifth-year team option.
- Baseball scraps Puerto Rico series amid Zika concerns
NEW YORK (AP) — Zika virus concerns have forced the Pirates-Marlins series out of Puerto Rico, with the two games instead shifted to Miami this month.
- Titans agree to terms on multi-year extension for Walker
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The Tennessee Titans are making sure they keep tight end Delanie Walker around past the 2016 season.
- Lions put players on field for 1st time with GM Bob Quinn
ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) — The Detroit Lions seem to have a small margin of error, coming off their 13th losing season since 2001.
- Twins send Murphy down, cut relievers O'Rourke, Graham
CHICAGO (AP) — It was an odd scene Friday in the Minnesota Twins' clubhouse. Three players around a day earlier were gone. Two more still had lockers, even though it was leaked that they had been placed on waivers.
- Red Sox bring up O'Sullivan and demote Owens to minors
NEW YORK (AP) — The Boston Red Sox promoted right-hander Sean O'Sullivan from Pawtucket on Friday and demoted Henry Owens to the Triple-A farm team, a day after the left-hander walked six against the Chicago White Sox.
- Giants sign Eli Apple and Sterling Shepard, top draft picks
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — The New York Giants have signed their top two draft picks.