- Rays beat angry Yankees 6-1 after Jeter gets hit
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Yankees manager Joe Girardi has seen enough of his players getting hit by pitches from the Rays lately.
- Rockies end 7-game skid with 10-4 win over Dodgers
DENVER (AP) — Corey Dickerson homered, tripled and drove in four runs, Tyler Matzek pitched into the sixth inning by getting out of several tight spots, and the Colorado Rockies snapped a seven-game skid with a 10-4 win over the NL West-leading Los Angeles Dodgers on Tuesday night.
- Braves' new stadium has a name _ SunTrust Park
ATLANTA (AP) — The Braves are still more than two years away from moving into their new suburban ballpark.
- Kluber strikes out 14, Indians top Astros 4-2
HOUSTON (AP) — Corey Kluber struck out a career-high 14 in seven innings and the Cleveland Indians halted their four-game losing streak with a 4-2 win over the Houston Astros on Tuesday night.
- Morton pitches surging Pirates over Red Sox 4-0
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Charlie Morton had no expectations when he took the mound in a major league game for the first time in a month.
- Seattle wins US Open Cup, beating Philadelphia
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — Clint Dempsey and Obafemi Martins teamed to give the Seattle Sounders their fourth U.S. Open Cup title — at the expense of the Philadelphia Union.
- Criticism mounting for Vikings, Adrian Peterson
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Adrian Peterson has been one of the most popular and marketable stars in the NFL, an approachable superstar with an inspirational comeback story that made him an endorser's dream.
- Fading Braves watch Nats celebrate NL East title
ATLANTA (AP) — At the All-Star break, the Atlanta Braves were tied for first in the NL East.
- Marlins' Eovaldi loses his 6th straight decision
NEW YORK (AP) — Nathan Eovaldi has pitched more innings this year than ever before. His manager, though, doesn't think fatigue is a factor in the right-hander's late-season struggles.