- LEADING OFF: Tulo back in Colorado; Indians try to hang 10
A look at what's happening all around the majors today:
- Cleveland's Santana a different kind of leadoff hitter
As a 210-pound power hitter, Carlos Santana doesn't exactly fit the prototype of the traditional leadoff man.
- Geno Auriemma and other Huskies pulling for Summitt
NEW YORK (AP) — The update on Pat Summitt's health caught Geno Auriemma by surprise. It's simply the news nobody wanted to hear, especially her former rival who built UConn trying to model off her success coaching Tennessee.
- NHL teams must consider expansion draft in offseason plans
Brad Treliving saw the rules for the expansion draft and immediately was in an advantageous position. The Calgary Flames' general manager needed a goaltender, and with Las Vegas set to harvest the NHL for two of them in a year, his colleagues had incentive to make a move.
- Vinny Curry donating $200,000 to Marshall athletics
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (AP) — Former Marshall All-American and 2012 Philadelphia Eagles draft pick Vinny Curry is giving $200,000 to the Big Green Scholarship Foundation in Huntington.
- Lionel Messi says he is quitting Argentina national team
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — Lionel Messi says he's quitting Argentina's national team.
- Chile wins Copa; Messi misses, says he's quitting Argentina
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — Lionel Messi put his penalty kick over the crossbar, grabbed his shirt, clenched his teeth and covered his face with both hands.
- Chile's Alexis Sanchez wins Golden Ball for Copa America
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — Chile's Alexis Sanchez has won the Golden Ball as the best player in the Copa America.
- Kershaw's win streak ends in Dodgers' 4-3 loss to Pirates
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Clayton Kershaw loses so infrequently, is seems stunning when it happens.
- Kuhl beats Kershaw in MLB debut, Pirates down Dodgers 4-3
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Chad Kuhl seemingly didn't stand much of a chance in his major league debut against a three-time National League Cy Young Award winner on a nine-game winning streak.
- Former Bruins star Ray Bourque "in unfamiliar territory"
ANDOVER, Mass. (AP) — Former Boston Bruins star Ray Bourque, who's facing a drunken driving charge, says he accepts the responsibility for his actions.