- Colon throws 8 shutout innings, Mets beat Phillies 3-1
NEW YORK (AP) — Bartolo Colon breezed through eight snappy innings and the New York Mets got homers from Curtis Granderson and Michael Conforto, extending their dominant run against the Philadelphia Phillies with a 3-1 victory Monday night.
- Female fan hit by McCann's bat
BOSTON (AP) — New York Yankees catcher Brian McCann's bat slipped out of his hands and hit a female fan near the Boston Red Sox dugout in the seventh inning of Monday night's game.
- Romo's quirky eye issue pops up again, but concern doesn't
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo practiced Monday, with his left eye looking better after his second bout with a sty that kept him out of practice for a day early in training camp a month ago.
- Milwaukee funding for new Bucks arena goes before public
MILWAUKEE (AP) — The public's first opportunity to formally comment on part of a $500 million funding plan to build a new Milwaukee Bucks arena attracted an overflow crowd Monday evening, with one group questioning how the city has enough money to help pay for the project but not neighborhood or school investments.
- AL Central-leading Royals make deal to get Gomes from Braves
ATLANTA (AP) — The AL Central-leading Kansas City Royals have reached a deal to get outfielder Jonny Gomes from the Atlanta Braves.
- Rams still unsure who will start at center
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Heading into the preseason finale, the St. Louis Rams are unsettled at center.
- Divac adds title of GM of Kings
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Vlade Divac has added the title of general manager of the Sacramento Kings.
- LA Clippers sign veteran free agent Chuck Hayes
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Clippers have signed free agent veteran Chuck Hayes.
- The Latest: Plan calls for tax districts for Bucks arena
MILWAUKEE (AP) — Milwaukee development and financial officials are giving the public its first official look at the final piece of a $500 million funding plan for a new arena for the Milwaukee Bucks. Here's the latest (all times local):
- Chad Curtis can't interview women in sexual misconduct case
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) — Former MLB player Chad Curtis says the young women who accuse him of sexual misconduct at a Michigan high school are looking for a payday.
- Chiefs expect waived players to be snapped up for first time
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The first year that general manager John Dorsey and coach Andy Reid were in charge of the Chiefs, they were so short of quality depth that they snapped up seven players on waivers.
- Stadium opponents rally at waterfront land eyed by PawSox
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — This land is your land. This land is my land.