- Henrik Sedin nets 1,000th point, Canucks beat Panthers 2-1
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) — Henrik Sedin got mobbed by the rest of the Vancouver Canucks moments after he got his 1,000th career point — and struggled to keep his emotions in check.
- WNBA players starting to invest in food industry
NEW YORK (AP) — Whether it's to plan for their future once basketball is done, promote healthy living or just to have some fun, WNBA players such as Sue Bird and Maya Moore are getting involved in the food industry.
- Kickers for final 4 NFL playoff teams each have leg up
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — Touchdowns are always nice, but clutch kickers are welcome security blankets for NFL offenses, especially in the playoffs.
- Williams, Young lead Lakers to 108-96 win over Pacers
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Although Luke Walton resisted the urge to shout about it, the coach was clearly proud of what the Los Angeles Lakers can do when their crowded schedule allows them to have a couple of real practices.
- Ryan Ellis leads Predators past Oilers 3-2 in shootout
EDMONTON, Alberta (AP) — Ryan Ellis made sure Nashville stayed on track away from home.
- Pacers-Lakers, Box
G.Robinson 2-4 0-2 6, George 8-15 2-2 21, T.Young 3-9 2-2 9, Turner 6-12 3-3 15, Teague 3-9 4-4 11, Miles 2-5 0-1 6, Niang 1-3 0-0 2, Seraphin 1-4 0-0 2, Allen 0-0 0-0 0, Jefferson 7-15 6-6 20, Brooks 1-3 0-3 3, Ellis 0-1 1-2 1. Totals 34-80 18-25 96.
- Panthers-Canucks Sums
First Period_None. Penalties_Marchessault, FLA, (tripping), 8:19.
- Predators-Oilers Sums
First Period_None. Penalties_Maroon, EDM, (hooking), 5:07; Benning, EDM, (delay of game), 6:00; Maroon, EDM, Major (fighting), 12:20; Watson, NSH, Major (fighting), 12:20; Bitetto, NSH, (holding), 13:33.
- Gobert 27 points, 25 rebounds in Jazz 112-107 OT win at Mavs
DALLAS (AP) — Rudy Gobert was helping the Utah Jazz even when missing free throws in overtime.
- Canucks captain Henrik Sedin gets 1,000th NHL point
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) — Henrik Sedin beat a friend and former teammate for the 1,000th point of his NHL career.
- Gasol, Conley lead Grizzlies to easy win over Kings
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — The Memphis Grizzlies are relying on 3-pointers as an offensive weapon this season, and the green light even extends to their big men.
- Lakers' D'Angelo Russell slips, mildly sprains knee ligament
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Lakers guard D'Angelo Russell mildly sprained a ligament in his right knee in the opening minutes of Los Angeles' game against the Indiana Pacers on Friday night.
- Nets end 11-game skid by routing Pelicans 143-114
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — The Brooklyn Nets didn't have to worry about a fourth-quarter flop this time.
- Warriors get 6th straight win, 125-108 over Rockets
HOUSTON (AP) — The Golden State Warriors wanted to make sure the Houston Rockets wouldn't beat them from the 3-point line.
- Okposo gives Sabres 3-2 OT win against Red Wings
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Sabres center Ryan O'Reilly can complain all he wants about how frustrated he felt over the first two periods against the Detroit Red Wings.