- The Latest: James tells fans "this is for you" at ceremony
CLEVELAND (AP) — The Latest on the World Series (all times Eastern):
- Broncos back to winning ways with Kubiak back on sideline
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — Gary Kubiak's return resonated more in Denver than Brock Osweiler's.
- Mistake-prone Texans look to improve before hosting Lions
HOUSTON (AP) — Of all the mistakes the Houston Texans made in a loss to Denver on Monday night one stood out above the rest.
- AP Was There: Cubs win the 1908 World Series
DETROIT (AP) — The Chicago Cubs often were the team to beat in the National League early in the 20th century, rather than the lovable losers they became in the decades that followed.
- Global game: One-fourth of NBA rosters is international
NEW YORK (AP) — The NBA begins its season Tuesday night with international players making up one-quarter of the league.
- Penguins' star Crosby returns against Panthers
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Pittsburgh Penguins star Sidney Crosby made his season debut Tuesday against the Florida Panthers after missing six games with a concussion.
- Cleveland Indians get boost from newborn babies in onesies
CLEVELAND (AP) — Newborn babies at an Ohio hospital have joined the ranks of Cleveland Indians fans.
- Packers down another cornerback after Randall has surgery
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — As the Green Bay Packers went back to work Tuesday after an extended break, they started to prepare for a big matchup with a diminished secondary.
- Bauer says pinkie good enough to go for Indians in Game 2
CLEVELAND (AP) — The last time the baseball world caught a glimpse of Trevor Bauer's mangled pinkie finger on his right hand, it was grotesquely dripping blood onto the pitching rubber in Toronto during the AL Championship Series.
- Cubs slugger Schwarber returns, will bat 5th in Game 1
CLEVELAND (AP) — The doctors told Kyle Schwarber the day after the Chicago Cubs slugger tore two ligaments in his left knee on April 7 that his season was over.
- Safety Bacarri Rambo signs with Miami Dolphins
DAVIE, Fla. (AP) — Safety Bacarri Rambo has signed with the Miami Dolphins to reinforce depth in the secondary following safety Reshad Jones' season-ending shoulder injury.
- Broncos trade for Patriots backup tight end Derby
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — The Denver Broncos traded a 2017 fifth-round pick to the rival New England Patriots in exchange for tight end A.J. Derby.
- Schwarber on Cubs' World Series roster; starting at DH
CLEVELAND (AP) — Kyle Schwarber was added to the Chicago Cubs' World Series roster and immediately inserted into the starting lineup for Tuesday night's opener against the Cleveland Indians.
- Stars Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant get going together at last
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Kevin Durant took a moment's break from his own shooting work and glimpsed over at the adjoining court as Stephen Curry ran around the 3-point arc launching long jumpers as part of his regular post-practice routine.
- MLS Playoffs get underway with knockout round
FC Dallas can make history in the Major League Soccer playoffs.