- The Latest: Another Texas city orders residents to evacuate
The Latest on severe weather and flooding around the U.S. (all times local):
- 2 dead, 5 missing after heavy rains in Texas, Kansas
HOUSTON (AP) — At least two people are dead and five others are missing after this week's torrential rains in Texas and Kansas, officials said Saturday, noting that though the threat of severe weather had lessened in Texas over the long holiday weekend, the focus is now on swollen rivers and waterways that are slowly rising and could flood homes.
- AP-NORC Poll: Interest, not excitement in White House race
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) — Mary Heintzelman shakes her head in disgust over the presidential election.
- Syria rebels attacked by IS militants, government troops
BEIRUT (AP) — Islamic State militants entered a major Syrian opposition stronghold in the country's north on Saturday, clashing with rebels on the edges of the town as the extremist group builds on its most significant advance near the Turkish border in two years — even as it loses ground elsewhere in the country and in neighboring Iraq.
- Child still critical after lightning hits 11 in Paris park
PARIS (AP) — Eight children and three adults were struck by lightning Saturday in a Paris park after a sudden spring storm sent a bolt crashing down upon a children's birthday party, a spokesman for Paris' fire service said. He credited an off-duty firefighter with playing a critical role in getting immediate medical help to the victims, but one child remains in critical condition.
- Police: Pelicans guard Dejean-Jones fatally shot in Dallas
DALLAS (AP) — New Orleans Pelicans guard Bryce Dejean-Jones was fatally shot after breaking down the door to a Dallas apartment, authorities said Saturday.
- Thunder look to close out defending champion Warriors
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — The Thunder won't say they have to win Game 6 against the Golden State Warriors on Saturday to win the Western Conference finals.
- Real Madrid wins Champions League in penalty shootout
MILAN (AP) — Cristiano Ronaldo did it again for Real Madrid, stepping forward to score a penalty and inflict another devastating loss in a Champions League final on rival Atletico Madrid.
- Royals score 7 in 9th to beat White Sox 8-7; Perez hurt
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Brett Eibner wondered whether anything could surpass the Kansas City Royals' rally Friday night, when they overcome a four-run deficit to beat the Chicago White Sox in his major league debut.
- Mets' Syndergaard ejected after throwing behind Utley
NEW YORK (AP) — In a scene that has seemed inevitable since October, New York Mets pitcher Noah Syndergaard has been ejected for throwing a 99 mph fastball behind Chase Utley of the Los Angeles Dodgers.