- Greece to miss IMF debt payment and bailout to expire
ATHENS, Greece (AP) — Greece is set to become the first developed nation to not pay its debts to the International Monetary Fund on time, as the country sinks deeper into a financial emergency that has forced it put a nationwide lockdown on money withdrawals.
- The Latest: Greece set to lose $18 billion if bailout ends
ATHENS, Greece (AP) — The latest news on Greece's financial woes on a day a big repayment to the International Monetary Fund is due and the country's bailout program with European creditors ends (all times local):
- Diplomats: UN to confirm Iran meeting key nuclear obligation
VIENNA (AP) — Diplomats say that a U.N. nuclear agency will confirm that Iran has met a key condition of a preliminary nuclear agreement, changing a substantial amount of enriched uranium into a form that is difficult to use for nuclear arms.
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- Justices take up dispute over union fees
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court will consider limiting the power of government employee unions to collect fees from non-members in a case that labor officials say could threaten membership and further weaken union clout.
- Kvitova opens Wimbledon defense with 6-1, 6-0 win
LONDON (AP) — Petra Kvitova wasted no time as she opened the defense of her Wimbledon title in overpowering fashion.
- The Latest: Williams sisters out of doubles at Wimbledon
LONDON (AP) — The Latest from Wimbledon (all times local):
- Wimbledon Lookahead: Smallest group of US men since 1947
LONDON (AP) — The seven U.S. men in the Wimbledon main draw represent the country's smallest contingent since 1947, when only five played at the grass-court Grand Slam tournament.
- Ali Krieger gives US team insight into Germany
MONTREAL (AP) — The Germans are going to have to be vigilant about giving too much away with their on-field chatter on Tuesday night. Defender Ali Krieger will be listening.
- Indians Cody Anderson loses perfect game in 7th inning
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Somewhere around the fourth inning, Cody Anderson realized he was chasing perfection.