- As FBI goes through evidence at refuge, town awaits normalcy
BURNS, Ore. (AP) — As the FBI focuses on its criminal investigation at the national wildlife refuge taken over by an armed group, land managers must get ready to reopen the 300 square-mile area, which draws birdwatchers, anglers and hunters and is a key economic engine of the surrounding area.
- Russian PM: West rekindling the Cold War
MUNICH (AP) — Russia's prime minister accused the West on Saturday of rekindling the Cold War, telling a meeting of top defense officials, diplomats and national leaders that sanctions imposed after the annexation of Crimea and new moves by the NATO alliance "only aggravate" tensions.
- The Latest: Pope calls clerics to combat drug trade
MEXICO CITY (AP) — The Latest on Pope Francis' visit to Mexico (all times local):
- Pope issues tough-love message to Mexico's political elite
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Pope Francis told Mexico's political leaders on Saturday that they have a duty to provide their people with security, "true justice" and basic services as he plunged head-on into the drug-inspired violence, corruption and social ills that are tormenting the country.
- Army looks to recruit more women, adapt physical testing
WASHINGTON (AP) — Beginning this summer, a visit to a local Army recruiting office will include a new set of gymnastic tests to help determine what military jobs a recruit is physically capable of performing.
- The Latest: Practices get in for Sunday's All-Star game
TORONTO (AP) — The Latest on Saturday's events at the NBA's All-Star Weekend in Toronto (all times local):
- Seeking a Splash: Klay goes for All-Star 3s upset of Curry
TORONTO (AP) — Klay Thompson believes, even if he knows many don't.
- Mets pitcher Jenrry Mejia 1st to draw lifetime drug ban
NEW YORK (AP) — Mets reliever Jenrry Mejia became the first player to receive a lifetime ban under Major League Baseball's drug agreement after testing positive for a performance-enhancing substance for the third time.
- FIFA ethics committee bans Jerome Valcke for 12 years
GENEVA (AP) — Jerome Valcke, Sepp Blatter's long-time right-hand man, was banned from all soccer-related activity for 12 years Friday for misconduct during his term as FIFA secretary general.
- Bosh out of NBA All-Star Game due to calf injury
TORONTO (AP) — Chris Bosh's All-Star participation for this year is over, before he ever took the floor in the city where his career began.