- Grief erupts in Italy as nation honors, buries quake dead
ASCOLI PICENO, Italy (AP) — Mourners in Italy prayed, hugged, wept and even applauded as coffins carrying victims of the country's devastating earthquake passed by at a state funeral Saturday, grieving as one nation after three desperate days of trying to save as many people as possible.
- Scams & waste loom as charity millions donated after Orlando
The more than 430 fundraisers posted on the GoFundMe website after the mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando have exposed weaknesses inherent in these popular do-it-yourself charity campaigns: waste, questionable intentions and little oversight.
- Man arrested in shocking killings of 2 Mississippi nuns
DURANT, Miss. (AP) — A man suspected in the slayings of two nuns found dead in their Mississippi home has been arrested and charged with capital murder in the shocking killing that rocked the small town communities where the women served, authorities said.
- Warning of 'war' on farmers, Trump seeks support in Iowa
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Donald Trump warned Saturday of a "war on the American farmer," telling a crowd in Iowa that rival Hillary Clinton "wants to shut down family farms" and implement anti-agriculture policies.
- Nevada becomes one of Trump's big hopes for swing state win
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Russ Wheeler bears the financial scars of Nevada's lost decade, and he hopes Donald Trump can heal them.
- Niners QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for anthem in protest
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is refusing to stand for the national anthem before games because he believes the United States oppresses African Americans and other minorities.
- Tony Romo out with another back injury, no word on return
FRISCO, Texas (AP) — Tony Romo is out with yet another back injury and it's unknown when he will return, although Dallas coach Jason Garrett says he expects his star quarterback to play this season.
- Sanchez hits another home run, Yankees rout Orioles 13-5
NEW YORK (AP) — Rookie Gary Sanchez kept up a most remarkable run, homering for the third straight game as the New York Yankees routed the Baltimore Orioles 13-5 Saturday.
- Hope Solo takes indefinite leave from Seattle Reign
Hope Solo has taken an indefinite leave from the Seattle Reign of the National Women's Soccer League, less than a week after being suspended for six months by the U.S. national team for disparaging remarks about Sweden.
- Webb solid in Cal debut, Bears beat Hawaii 51-31 Down Under
SYDNEY (AP) — After three seasons at Texas Tech, quarterback Davis Webb made quite an impression in his first game as a graduate transfer at California.