- At Trump hotel in Washington, alternate reality: All is well
WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump may be spending most of his days inside the frantic hurricane of the presidential campaign, but inside his new hotel in Washington, calm and luxury prevail.
- AP-GfK Poll: Clinton appears on cusp of commanding victory
NEW YORK (AP) — Hillary Clinton appears on the cusp of a potentially commanding victory over Donald Trump, fueled by solid Democratic turnout in early voting, massive operational advantages and increasing enthusiasm among her supporters.
- Trump: I'll run America like my business. Clinton: Let's not
WASHINGTON (AP) — His presidential dreams increasingly in question, Donald Trump pushed his business empire to the center of his political campaign Wednesday. Taking a break from battleground states, he made the case at his newest hotel that all Americans should look to his corporate record for evidence of how well he'd run the country.
- IS driving hundreds into Mosul, using them as human shields
QAYARA, Iraq (AP) — Islamic State militants have been going door to door in villages south of Mosul, ordering people at gunpoint on a mileslong trek into the city and using them as human shields as the extremists prepare to defend it from Iraqi forces, according to residents swept up in the forced evacuations.
- French authorities declare the Calais migrant camp empty
CALAIS, France (AP) — The grim camp known as "the jungle," a symbol of Europe's failure to come to grips with its crisis over asylum seekers, is no more.
- View from bench: Former Supreme Court justice roots for Cubs
A lot of Chicago Cubs fans have waited a long time to see them win the championship. In this case, it feels like forever.
- Romo throws in practice for 1st time since August injury
FRISCO, Texas (AP) — Tony Romo participated in throwing drills at practice Wednesday for the first time since the Dallas quarterback broke a bone in his back in a preseason game at Seattle in August.
- AP sources: Jaguars owner Khan speaks to team, seeks answers
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Jacksonville Jaguars owner Shad Khan has kept a fairly low profile around the team.
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS: Ohio State rooting for Michigan
Ohio State fans need to root for Michigan. Seriously.
- ACC is well-represented in NCAA defensive rankings
Atlantic Coast Conference teams are getting it done with some of the top defenses in the country.