- Blue Jays will have dirt infield in time for coming season
TORONTO (AP) — The Blue Jays are installing a dirt infield at the Rogers Centre for the first time but say it is too early to determine whether they would replace artificial turf with grass in some future season.
- Carlos Quentin to try comeback with Twins
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Outfielder Carlos Quentin and the Minnesota Twins have agreed to a minor league contract, giving the 33-year-old a chance to revive his career.
- Yanks 1B Greg Bird to have season-ending shoulder surgery
NEW YORK (AP) — Yankees first baseman Greg Bird, who displayed a powerful swing after making his major league debut last August, will miss this season because of a damaged right shoulder that needs surgery.
- Carew, on mend from heart attack, eyes Twins spring training
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Rod Carew is about four months removed from a massive heart attack that nearly killed him.
- Royals and Ian Kennedy finalize $70 million, 5-year contract
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Ian Kennedy remembers watching the Kansas City Royals beat the New York Mets in five games to win the World Series and marveling at a dynamic defense that seemed to never make a mistake.
Latest Baseball Headlines