- Orioles LHP Patton gets 25-game drug suspension
NEW YORK (AP) — Baltimore Orioles relief pitcher Troy Patton was suspended by Major League Baseball on Friday for the first 25 games of next season after a positive test for a banned amphetamine.
- Orioles part with Balfour, cite medical reason
BALTIMORE (AP) — The Baltimore Orioles won't be closing a deal for All-Star closer Grant Balfour.
- AP source: Orioles, Balfour agree to 2-year deal
BALTIMORE (AP) — Two weeks after trading their closer to Oakland, the Baltimore Orioles agreed to a two-year, $15 million contract with former Athletics closer Grant Balfour on Tuesday, according to a person familiar with the deal.
- Indians, closer John Axford agree to 1-year deal
CLEVELAND (AP) — After considering some in-house options, the Cleveland Indians may have found their new closer on the outside.
- PR firm owner's testimony blocked in A-Rod case
NEW YORK (AP) — A federal judge says the owner of a public relations firm won't have to testify for now at an arbitration proceeding for New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez.
Latest Baseball Headlines