- Shane Lowry withdraws from Olympics over Zika concern
AKRON, Ohio (AP) — Shane Lowry of Ireland says if the Olympics were anywhere other than Rio de Janeiro, he would be the first to show up. Instead, he is the sixth golfer to withdraw because of the Zika virus.
- Top-ranked Jason Day skipping Rio Olympics because of Zika
AKRON, Ohio (AP) — Jason Day pulled out of the Olympics on Tuesday because of the Zika virus, costing golf its No. 1 player as it returns from a century-long absence at the games.
- Omar Uresti leads PGA Professional at Turning Stone
VERONA, N.Y. (AP) — Former PGA Tour player Omar Uresti shot a 5-under 67 on Monday at Turning Stone to take the second-round lead in the PGA Professional Championship
- McDowell among 11 alternates added to British Open
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland (AP) — Graeme McDowell, Francesco Molinari and Ryan Palmer are among 11 alternates added to the field for the British Open.
- Muirfield plans another vote on admitting female members
GULLANE, Scotland (AP) — Muirfield intends to stage another vote on whether to admit female members after being stripped of its right to host the British Open.
Latest Golf Headlines from AP