- Veteran defensive tackle Dockett joins 49ers on 2-year deal
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Defensive tackle Darnell Dockett notes on his Twitter page header that he will be "2016 comeback player of the year."
- NFL teams look for bargains, avoid busts in free agency
NFL teams and their fans have been waiting for free agency since last season ended. Salary cap space has been counted and rechecked, ready for splurging on that star capable of turning franchises from losers to winners with the simple change of a jersey.
- Manning back for 18th season after signing reworked deal
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — If the Denver Broncos' 2015 season goes the way he hopes, Peyton Manning will earn back every penny of the $4 million pay cut he took Thursday.
- NFL: Greg Hardy is eligible to sign free agent contract
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Panthers defensive end and soon-to-be free agent Greg Hardy will be allowed to sign a new contract even if he remains on the commissioner's exempt list.
- Wilfork: Patriots aren't picking up my option
Defensive tackle Vince Wilfork said Thursday he will not be back with New England next season, ending an 11-year stay in which he won two Super Bowls and established himself as the cornerstone of the Patriots' defense.
AP NFL Headlines