- Column: No Brexit, please! This is football
PARIS (AP) — So soon after Britons voted out of the European Union, this was unexpected: Enthusiastic throngs of Frenchmen merrily turning out to cheer them on.
- The Latest: Portugal beats Croatia 1-0 in extra time
PARIS (AP) — The Latest from soccer's European Championship (all times local):
- Iceland takes on England, the team it's cheered from afar
NICE, France (AP) — Brought up on a regular supply of the Premier League, Iceland's players are used to cheering on England at major soccer tournaments.
- Soccer officials in Americas to discuss future joint events
NEW YORK (AP) — After staging a successful expanded Copa America in the United States for the tournament's 100th anniversary, soccer officials intend to discuss whether to establish a new event that would see regular competition between the regions.
- From indifference to uncertainty, Brexit talk hits Euro 2016
PARIS (AP) — Britain's momentous decision to leave the European Union was the talk of soccer's European Championship on Friday, with one leading Italian player even warning about an undermining "domino effect" across Europe.
Latest Soccer Headlines