- Premier League stars face early-season clampdown by refs
MANCHESTER, England (AP) — WWE-style grappling at corner kicks, manhandling of match officials, verbal abuse: Sometimes the beautiful game can take on an ugly side.
- Israeli police on alert ahead of Celtic match
JERUSALEM (AP) — Israeli police are on high alert ahead of a match between Celtic and Hapoel Beer Sheva after fans of the Scottish champions waved Palestinian flags at their last meeting.
- Dempsey scores twice, Sounders beat Timbers 3-1
SEATTLE (AP) — Clint Dempsey was a spectator last time the Seattle Sounders played archrival Portland, kept off the field by a red-card suspension during a 3-1 loss.
- DC United rallies for 2-2 draw with Red Bulls
WASHINGTON (AP) — Marcelo Sarvas and Patrick Mullins scored three minutes apart in the second half and D.C. United rallied for a 2-2 draw with the New York Red Bulls on Sunday in a game delayed 75 minutes because of lightning.
- Stuani double earns Middlesbrough 2-1 win at Sunderland
SUNDERLAND, England (AP) — Uruguay striker Cristhian Stuani marked his first appearance in the Premier League with two goals to guide Middlesbrough to a 2-1 win at northeast rival Sunderland on Sunday.
Latest Soccer Headlines
Up to the Minute