- Kaepernick will sit through anthem until there's change
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — Defiant, and determined to be a conduit for U.S. change, Colin Kaepernick plans to sit through the national anthem for as long as he feels is appropriate and until he sees significant progress in America — specifically when it comes to race relations.
- Reed wins Barclays, Fowler loses Ryder Cup spot
FARMINGDALE, N.Y. (AP) — Patrick Reed had a crystal trophy, a clear shot at the richest payoff in golf and a spot on the Ryder Cup team.
- Fowler plays his way off US Ryder Cup team
FARMINGDALE, N.Y. (AP) — Rickie Fowler lost the lead, the tournament and a guaranteed spot on the Ryder Cup team.
- Larson takes advantage of late restart for first Cup victory
BROOKLYN, Mich. (AP) — During the last couple laps of his first Sprint Cup victory, Kyle Larson was emotional.
- Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. (AP) — As Ryan Harlost stepped to the mound on Sunday, he took it all in.
- Donaldson hits three HRs, Blue Jays beat Twins 9-6
TORONTO (AP) — Midway through his first at-bat Sunday, Blue Jays slugger Josh Donaldson was hopping around in pain after fouling a ball off his right knee.
- Stewart, 4 relievers throw 4-hitter; Dodgers beat Cubs 1-0
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Corey Seager has become an NL MVP Award candidate as a rookie with timely homers and a big batting average.
- Rangers top Indians 2-1 to take 3 of 4 in series
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Derek Holland has been a model of consistency for the Texas Rangers since coming off the disabled list.
- Ariya Jutanugarn wins in Canada for 5th LPGA Tour title
PRIDDIS, Alberta (AP) — Five months after giving away a major championship with a late meltdown, Ariya Jutanugarn ran away with the Canadian Pacific Women's Open at chilly Priddis Greens for her fifth victory in 10 events.
- More exhausting than a five-setter: Protecting the US Open
NEW YORK (AP) — In a less-traveled part of the 46-acre Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, an imposing black metal fence offers a reminder of the multiple security worries that come with hosting the U.S. Open.
AP Top Sports News
Up to the Minute