- Jay Cutler rallies Bears past 49ers in fourth
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — All week, Brandon Marshall stayed optimistic that his bum ankle would heal enough to let him play against the San Francisco 49ers.
- Patriots dominate Peterson-less Vikings, 30-7
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Minnesota's first outdoor home opener in 33 years was staged on a spectacularly sunny afternoon. The crowd was fired up for a premier opponent, New England.
- Gates' 3 TD catches carry Chargers to 30-21 upset
SAN DIEGO (AP) — Antonio Gates hears the talk every offseason, that he's lost a step and isn't effective anymore.
- ICYMI: Adrian Peterson, Jets' TO top NFL topics
It is not the case that an NFL player is suspended or deactivated because of — or kept around despite — a pending criminal case each and every day. Just seems that way lately. And the futures of some players, most notably 2012 MVP Adrian Peterson, are going to be a big deal this week.
- McIlroy fades in season finale, Horschel wins
ATLANTA (AP) — Rory McIlroy found his ball submerged in deep rough, next to a fence that separates the course from the driving range at East Lake. He jumped up and down, trying to see over a holly bush that obscured his view of the ninth green.
- Dream Team, Barcelona Games continue to impact NBA
Officially, it was the U.S. Olympic team, together for just a few weeks.
- Keselowski locks up spot in Sprint Cup's Round 2
JOLIET, Ill. (AP) — Stop Brad Keselowski if you've heard this one before.
- Denver's defense secures 24-17 win over Chiefs
DENVER (AP) — The Denver Broncos have their issues on third down. Goal-line stands are another matter altogether.
- SEC West dominant through early weeks of season
Outside of the Southeastern Conference's footprint, it's become commonplace to hope for stumbles by college football's most dominant league.
- Pearce, Harrison among game's biggest surprises
Steve Pearce may be the perfect embodiment of Baltimore's surprising year.
AP Top Sports News