- Warriors get a break after drama-filled opening series
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — The Warriors can breathe for a bit after a first-round series filled with drama.
- Little Big Man: Celtics' Thomas finding stride after tragedy
BOSTON (AP) — There's a cloud trailing Isaiah Thomas these days. In his basketball world, though, there's also been light. And, on occasion, even some levity.
- The old guys are coming up big so far in these playoffs
George W. Bush was early in his first term as president. Seattle was years away from losing the SuperSonics. "Arrested Development" hadn't even started airing yet.
- LEADING OFF: Hicks a hit for Tigers, Blach set for Kershaw
A look at what's happening all around the majors today:
- Rookie Guentzel making a splash for rested, ready Penguins
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Jake Guentzel was surrounded. Boxed in, really.
- Nastase will be the 'bad boy' if he says more about Williams
BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) — Ilie Nastase said he would be considered the "bad boy" if he says anything more about Serena Williams.
- Tirico takes over for Hammond on NBC's horse racing coverage
Mike Tirico is taking the reins from Tom Hammond as a host of NBC's Triple Crown horse racing coverage.
- Balanced Hawks hold off Wizards 111-101, even series 2-all
ATLANTA (AP) — In a year when the geezers are coming up big in the NBA playoffs, add another one to the list.
- Madison Bumgarner's rented bike slipped near end of ride
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Madison Bumgarner had nearly finished a ride of more than two hours in the mountains outside Denver when his rented dirt bike slipped on the trail and took the pitcher to the ground directly onto his pitching shoulder.
- Blues get faceoff leader back with Paul Stastny
ST. LOUIS (AP) — While many of his teammates enjoyed a well-deserved break, St. Louis Blues center Paul Stastny was on the ice for the team's optional skate.
AP Top Sports News