- Cubs beat Dodgers 8-4, head home with 3-2 lead in NLCS
LOS ANGELES (AP) — One win away. Two chances at home. Seven decades of waiting.
- Rodgers throws 3 TD passes, Packers beat Bears 26-10
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — Davante Adams woke up Thursday not knowing if he would be cleared to play after spending a few days in the NFL's concussion protocol.
- Bears' anemic offense takes another hit at quarterback
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — The Chicago Bears' anemic offense took another hit on Thursday night.
- Candace Parker's resume is complete with WNBA title
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — For all Candace Parker had accomplished on the court, that glowing resume had one glaring omission — a WNBA title.
- NFL reopens Brown investigation, Brown not going to London
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — Josh Brown's future with the New York Giants and possibly the NFL is in jeopardy after police released journal entries and emails in which the place-kicker admitted that he repeatedly verbally and physically abused his former wife.
- Dodgers save Kershaw for Game 6, and now they'll need him
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Clayton Kershaw gripped a baseball in his left hand and grimaced while he watched Game 5 of the NL Championship Series from the dugout.
- Boise State blocks late field goal, survives BYU, 28-27
BOISE, Idaho (AP) — When BYU lined up to attempt a game-winning field goal with 16 seconds remaining, Boise State nose tackle David Moa was struggling to get his shoe on along the sideline as head coach Bryan Harsin was pleading for someone to help Moa.
- Week 8 preview: A&M vs. 'Bama; Helfrich under pressure
As the college football season makes the turn into the back half of the season, we're due for a startling upset.
- Retiring Wrigley Field scoreboard operator has seen it all
CHICAGO (AP) — Fred Washington has been surrounded by numbers and cities for decades. Seasons full of ones and twos and zeroes. Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and Milwaukee, too.
- Cleveland's fairytale year gets better as Indians in Series
CLEVELAND (AP) — The grueling four-month championship drought could soon be over.
AP Top Sports News
Up to the Minute