- Harper uses patriotic themed bat, homers to help Nats win
WASHINGTON (AP) — Seems like every bat Bryce Harper uses this season provides fireworks for the Washington Nationals.
- Tigers' Cabrera on DL for 1st time, out 6 weeks
DETROIT (AP) — Detroit slugger Miguel Cabrera will be sidelined with a left calf injury for at least six weeks after the Tigers placed the AL batting leader on the disabled list for the first time in his career.
- LaMarcus Aldridge chooses the San Antonio Spurs
LaMarcus Aldridge got the answers he needed from the San Antonio Spurs.
- Will history repeat itself? The US women hope not
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) — Abby Wambach remembers the date by heart: July 17, 2011. That was the day the United States lost to Japan in the Women's World Cup title match in Germany.
- 'Unbelievable': Jankovic tops 2-time Wimbledon champ Kvitova
LONDON (AP) — About an hour after flopping on her back and kicking her feet overhead to celebrate a stunning comeback against defending Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova, Jelena Jankovic still was giddy.
- Earnhardt to start on pole after rain washes out qualifying
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Dale Earnhardt Jr. earned the pole for Sunday's race at Daytona International Speedway because his crew chief correctly predicted the weather.
- Austin Dillon wins Xfinity Series race at Daytona
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Austin Dillon once stood in victory lane at Daytona International Speedway celebrating a Dale Earnhardt win with his grandfather and wondering if he would ever make it back to commemorate his own achievement.
- Jason Bohn shoots 9-under 61, tied for lead at Greenbrier
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, W.Va. (AP) — Jason Bohn's main goal after barely making the cut at The Greenbrier Classic was to get some extra rest before the final round.
- LEADING OFF: All-Star starters, Santana returns, Matz bats
A look at what's happening all around the major leagues Sunday:
- Chile beats Argentina 4-1 on penalties to win Copa America
SANTIAGO, Chile (AP) — The wait is finally over for Chile. The title drought continues for Argentina.
AP Top Sports News