- Rutgers dismisses 5 arrested players
PISCATAWAY, N.J. (AP) — Rutgers has dismissed five players from its football team following their arrests earlier this week.
- Nadal blows 2-set Slam lead for 1st time, loses to Fognini
NEW YORK (AP) — For the first time in his career, Rafael Nadal lost a Grand Slam match after taking a two-set lead.
- What to watch on college football's kickoff weekend
With appetizers out of the way, it's time to move on to the main course on this first weekend of college football.
- Serena Williams' comeback extends Grand Slam try at US Open
NEW YORK (AP) — Even if her latest troublesome first set had finished only an hour earlier, it seemed a distant memory by the time Serena Williams smacked a cross-court forehand passing winner on the run and wound up doing the splits behind the baseline.
- Tom Brady posts statement on Facebook
Tom Brady posted a statement on Facebook on Friday night, a day after U.S. District Judge Richard M. Berman vacated the New England quarterback's four-game suspension in the "Deflategate" scandal.
- Untested so far at US Open, Federer faces Kohlschreiber
NEW YORK (AP) — Roger Federer has gotten in some practice during his matches so far at the U.S. Open.
- Judge's NFL bashing skips judgment of Brady in 'Deflategate'
NEW YORK (AP) — A judge's ruling freeing New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady to play football erased his four-game suspension but failed to address the root question of the "Deflategate" scandal: What did Brady know about a plot to deflate balls before January's AFC championship game?
- Pats coach Belichick on having Brady back: 'He never left'
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — Like every game, Patriots coach Bill Belichick says he's focused on his next opponent. But he doesn't feel as if he's got a new edge with star quarterback Tom Brady able to play in the regular0season opener against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- No. 4 Baylor plenty of offense in 56-21 opener at SMU
DALLAS (AP) — Art Briles and the Baylor Bears made the most of their fresh start — and chance to finally move past the playoff snub and Cotton Bowl meltdown that ended last season.
- No. 5 Michigan St. tops W. Mich 37-24, sets sights on Oregon
KALAMAZOO, Mich. (AP) — Michigan State looked as if it needed a tuneup before playing Oregon.
AP Top Sports News