- Djokovic out in 2nd round, loses to Istomin in Melbourne
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — It started badly for Novak Djokovic, who needed 24 serves, six break-point saves and 15 minutes just to hold his first game in the second round.
- Bonds, Clemens making slow gains with changing electorate
Hall of Fame voters are still sharply divided on Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens.
- Roethlisberger hoping to play up to Brady's "gold standard"
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Ben Roethlisberger intended for the moment to be private. The camera following him to midfield and the microphone tucked inside Tom Brady's shoulder pads ended up making that impossible.
- Durant dazzles against former Oklahoma City team once more
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Russell Westbrook promised to pay back Zaza Pachulia for a hard foul.
- AP source: Marlins acquire Straily for minor leaguers
MIAMI (AP) — A person familiar with the negotiations says the Miami Marlins have acquired right-hander Dan Straily from the Cincinnati Reds for three minor leaguers.
- Great 3-point night doesn't mean a win for No. 15 Notre Dame
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — When teams make 15 or more 3-pointers while shooting over 65 percent from beyond the arc, it is usually a sure sign of a win.
- Bagwell, Raines, Ivan Rodriguez elected to Hall of Fame
NEW YORK (AP) — Bags and Rock and Pudge are heading to Cooperstown.
- James Harden gives fan present on her 100th birthday
HOUSTON (AP) — James Harden took some time out after the Houston Rockets' win over the visiting Milwaukee Bucks to give a fan a present on a her 100th birthday.
- Column: Hall vote shows some stains last longer than others
The takeaway from this year's Hall of Fame balloting is Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens likely will get in within the next five years. Shame it couldn't be this one.
- Longtime Astros slugger Bagwell elected to Hall of Fame
HOUSTON (AP) — Jeff Bagwell struggled to describe how he felt soon after being elected to the Hall of Fame in his seventh year on the ballot.
AP Top Sports News
Up to the Minute