- Blatter's 17-year rule in soccer marked by growth, scandal
GENEVA (AP) — Sepp Blatter governed the biggest sport on Earth for nearly two decades, for years untouched personally by allegations of corruption, but never sharing the game's popularity.
- Key questions: Why did Blatter resign and what now for FIFA?
LONDON (AP) — Sepp Blatter and his mentor Joao Havelange have run global's soccer's governing body since 1974, handing out power to national federations and regional chiefs who awarded the men with loyalty.
- Blatter says he will resign as FIFA president
ZURICH (AP) — The end for Sepp Blatter came suddenly, just days after he had seemingly solidified his hold on FIFA.
- Goodell makes it official: He will hear Brady's appeal
NEW YORK (AP) — NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell made it official Tuesday: He will hear Tom Brady's appeal of his four-game suspension.
- Tyler Johnson leads young high-scoring Lightning Triplets
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Tyler Johnson's path to the Stanley Cup Final is hardly the one he envisioned.
- Federer loses to pal Wawrinka in Paris; Tsonga into semis
PARIS (AP) — Stumbling on his way to the net, Roger Federer dropped his racket and fell to his knees on the red clay. Hardly the sort of grace and precision the world has come to expect from the 17-time Grand Slam champion.
- Star RB Adrian Peterson returns to Minnesota Vikings
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Donning his purple No. 28 jersey for the first time in nine months, Adrian Peterson said Tuesday he has apologized to the 4-year-old son he struck with a wooden switch and had "learned a lot from my mistake."
- Column: Peterson changes course at just the right time
Adrian Peterson made his point, only to find out no one was in any mood to listen.
- AP Source: Panthers-Newton 5-year deal worth $103.8 million
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Quarterback Cam Newton has agreed to franchise record $103.8 million, five-year contract extension with the Carolina Panthers.
- Veteran Blackhawks, young Lightning open Stanley Cup Final
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — The Chicago Blackhawks headed south this week to secure a dynasty, and the Tampa Bay Lightning are the only obstacle left.
AP Top Sports News