- Giants surge past Royals 11-4 to tie Series 2-all
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Down three runs and in danger of getting pushed to the World Series brink, Pablo Sandoval and the San Francisco Giants raised up some Panda-monium.
- No. 24 LSU upends No.3 Mississippi, 10-7
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Bo Wallace wasn't about to play it safe — not even in Death Valley. The bold but risky decision ended any hope No. 3 Mississippi may have had about its first unblemished record in more than half a century.
- Defense will be hard to find for playoff committee
If defense is what the College Football Playoff selection committee wants from its top teams, the 12-member panel is going to have a tough time filling out the front of its first rankings.
- No. 1 Mississippi State holds off Kentucky 45-31
LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) — Mississippi State's recent slugfests with Kentucky have taught the Bulldogs that there's no such thing as a safe lead against the Wildcats.
- Cooper leads No. 4 Alabama past Tennessee, 34-20
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Lane Kiffin figured out a winning strategy for his return to Knoxville.
- Petit's clutch relief carries Giants bullpen again
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Yusmeiro Petit bounced off the mound pumping his fists and shouting "Let's go!"
- Royals squander early lead in Game 4 loss
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The plan this postseason has been pretty straightforward for the Kansas City Royals: Take an early lead and then hand the game over to a terrific trio of hard-throwing relievers.
- Michigan mess: Wolverines mauled again by Spartans
EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Brady Hoke was the last person to enter Michigan's locker room, a couple of state troopers trailing behind him waited outside.
- Hockey returns to Ottawa with emotional ceremony
OTTAWA, Ontario (AP) — Players on opposing teams formed a circle at center ice as hockey made a stirring return to Ottawa on Saturday night.
- No. 10 TCU gets record-setting 82-27 rout of Tech
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Trevone Boykin took issue with coach Gary Patterson saying he was among the TCU players who weren't ready to play Texas Tech.
AP Top Sports News