- Groups ask appeals court to reconsider net neutrality ruling
NEW YORK (AP) — Cable and telecom industry groups want a federal appeals court to reconsider its ruling on net neutrality.
- Alphabet's 2Q earns soar despite rising 'moonshot' losses
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Business is booming at Google's parent company, Alphabet Inc., even as it loses billions of dollars on kooky-sounding projects that may never produce any revenue.
- Amazon's already large distribution empire keeps expanding
NEW YORK (AP) — Online shoppers want their packages — now. And Amazon is spending heavily to make sure that happens.
- Amazon tops Street 2Q forecasts
SEATTLE (AP) — Amazon.com Inc. (AMZN) on Thursday reported second-quarter profit of $857 million.
- Oracle buying 'cloud' business software provider NetSuite
NEW YORK (AP) — Software mogul Larry Ellison once famously mocked cloud computing as a fad. Now his company, Oracle, will spend $9.3 billion to acquire cloud upstart NetSuite.
- Facebook is pushing more people to an app they didn't choose
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Facebook is once again getting pushy about how people message one another.
- 5 cool things to do with Facebook Messenger
NEW YORK (AP) — You'd be wrong to think that Facebook's Messenger app is all about messaging.
- Microsoft making additional job cuts in phone business
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Microsoft says it is cutting 2,850 jobs, about 2.5 percent of its workforce, as it further scales back its troubled smartphone business.
- Facebook agrees to refunds on in-app purchases by minors
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — Court documents show Facebook has agreed to allow users to request refunds of in-app purchases made by minors as part of a settlement of a class-action lawsuit.
- Facebook beats 2Q forecasts, user numbers grow, stock soars
NEW YORK (AP) — Facebook's stock is trading higher after the world's biggest social media company handily surpassed Wall Street's expectations for the second quarter, barreling ahead on mobile advertisements, user growth and the next frontier — video.
AP Top Technology News