- Tech Tips: Windows 10 privacy settings worth checking
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Microsoft's new Windows 10 system offers more personalization than before, but it also collects more data than people might be used to on PCs, from contacts and appointments to their physical location and even Wi-Fi passwords.
- Samsung unveils circular smartwatch, but are apps available?
NEW YORK (AP) — Samsung is juicing up its smartwatch with a circular face and more battery life than the Apple Watch, but it's unknown how many apps will be available for it.
- Google tries to woo iPhone owners with Android watch app
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Google is introducing an application that will connect Android smartwatches with Apple's iPhone, escalating the rivals' battle to strap their technology on people's wrists.
- India's antitrust probe into Google moves into next phase
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A lengthy investigation into whether Google has been abusing its dominance of Internet search to stifle competition in India is moving into its next phase.
- Apple aims to boost mobile device sales with Cisco's help
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Apple is leaning on Cisco Systems' Internet networking expertise in its latest attempt to sell more iPhones and iPads to corporate customers.
- Epix reaches multiyear Hulu deal, ends Netflix agreement
The cable network Epix jumped from Netflix to Hulu, landing a multiyear, digital subscription video on demand deal with the streaming service.
- Clinton, aides stressed protecting State Dept info in email
WASHINGTON (AP) — Hillary Rodham Clinton and her aides at the State Department were acutely aware of the need to protect sensitive information when discussing international affairs over email and other forms of unsecure electronic communication, according to the latest batch of messages released by the agency from Clinton's tenure as secretary of state.
- UN climate negotiators work in Bonn on deal to fight warming
STOCKHOLM (AP) — U.N. climate talks began anew Monday in Germany, three months before world governments are supposed to adopt a landmark deal to fight global warming.
- Tribunal seals end of failed Volkswagen-Suzuki partnership
BERLIN (AP) — Volkswagen AG and Suzuki Motor Corp. say an arbitration tribunal has formally put an end to a failed alliance between the two companies to develop green cars, and Suzuki will buy back the 19.9 percent stake that Volkswagen held.
- What's in a billion? Facebook users hit milestone in 1 day
NEW YORK (AP) — A billion people logged in to Facebook on a single day this week, marking the first time that many members used the world's largest online social network in a 24-hour period. The number amounts to one-seventh of the Earth's population.
AP Top Technology News
Up to the Minute