- Kerber, Muguruza confirmed for Brisbane International
BRISBANE, Australia (AP) — Top-ranked Angelique Kerber has confirmed she will start 2017 at the Brisbane International tournament from Jan. 1 as she prepares to defend her Australian Open title.
- Top-ranked Kerber falls to Kvitova at Wuhan Open
WUHAN, China (AP) — Angelique Kerber lost for the first time since becoming the No. 1-ranked player, losing to Petra Kvitova in the third round of the Wuhan Open on Wednesday.
- South African tennis player gets lifetime ban for corruption
LONDON (AP) — A low-ranked South African tennis player has been banned from the sport for life for attempting to fix matches.
- Djokovic withdraws from China Open because of injury
BELGRADE, Serbia (AP) — Novak Djokovic says he has withdrawn from the China Open because of an elbow injury.
- Gasquet advances to Shenzhen Open quarterfinals
SHENZHEN, China (AP) — Alexander Zverev withdrew from the Shenzhen Open on Wednesday, citing fatigue three days after winning his first ATP title in St. Petersburg.
- Williams writes she 'won't be silent' about police killings
Star tennis player Serena Williams says she "won't be silent" about the killing of black men by police officers.
- Serena Williams to start 2017 season in Auckland
WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) — Second-ranked Serena Williams will begin her 2017 season and Australian Open buildup at the ASB Classic in Auckland, New Zealand, organizers confirmed Tuesday.
- Vesely through to Shenzhen Open 2nd round
SHENZHEN, China (AP) — Jiri Vesely served 13 aces to beat Pablo Andujar 6-2, 7-6 (8) and advance to the second round of the Shenzhen Open on Tuesday.
- Kerber beats Mladenovic in 1st match as women's world No. 1
WUHAN, China (AP) â Playing her first match as the No. 1-ranked player in women's tennis, Angelique Kerber dropped the first set before recovering to beat Kristina Mladenovic 6-7 (4), 6-1, 6-4 on Tuesday to reach the third round of the Wuhan Open.
- Flipkens advances, Buyukakcay out at Tashkent Open
TASHKENT, Uzbekistan (AP) — Second-seeded Kirsten Flipkens of Belgium saved 12 of 14 break points and beat Ana Bodgan of Romania 7-6 (7), 6-3 on Tuesday in the first round of the Tashkent Open.
- Halep into 3rd round at Wuhan Open
WUHAN, China (AP) — Former French Open finalist Simona Halep took less than 70 minutes to reach the third round of the Wuhan Open, advancing Monday when fellow Romanian Irina-Camelia Begu retired in the second set of their second-round match.
- Karlovic returns to Davis Cup for finals against Argentina
ZAGREB, Croatia (AP) — Zeljko Krajan, Croatia's Davis Cup captain, says veteran Ivo Karlovic will return in the final against Argentina.
AP Tennis Headlines