- Goerges to play Kasatkina in Kremlin Cup final
MOSCOW (AP) — Julia Goerges will seek to end a six-year wait for a title when she faces Daria Kasatkina of Russia in the Kremlin Cup final.
- Top-seeded Carreno Busta knocked out of Kremlin Cup
MOSCOW (AP) — Top-seeded Pablo Carreno Busta was knocked out of the Kremlin Cup in the second round by Daniil Medvedev 6-3, 6-3 on Thursday.
- Mladenovic, Vandeweghe lose opening matches at Kremlin Cup
MOSCOW (AP) — Kristina Mladenovic and Coco Vandeweghe were among six seeded players to make an exit from the Kremlin Cup on Wednesday.
- Sharapova, Puig heading to Puerto Rico for hurricane relief
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — Maria Sharapova and Monica Puig will head to Puerto Rico next week to help with recovery efforts following Hurricane Maria.
- Johanna Konta splits from coach, cuts short 2017 season
LONDON (AP) — Johanna Konta has split from her coach and says she will not play in the remaining tennis tournaments this season while she recovers from a foot injury.
- Sharapova loses to Rybarikova at Kremlin Cup
MOSCOW (AP) — Maria Sharapova was beaten by Magdalena Rybarikova 7-6 (3), 6-4 in the first round of the Kremlin Cup on Tuesday, ending her bid for a second title in two weeks.
- Marino returns, 4 years after retiring because of depression
MONTREAL (AP) — Former top-50 tennis player Rebecca Marino will come out of retirement after more than 4½ years and enter a pair of tournaments.
- Nadal cites knee injury to miss Federer's hometown event
BASEL, Switzerland (AP) — Top-ranked Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from the Swiss Indoors next week, denying fans a possible final against Roger Federer.
- Cornet beats Makarova in Kremlin Cup first round
MOSCOW (AP) — Alize Cornet of France beat hometown favorite Ekaterina Makarova 6-3, 6-3 at the Kremlin Cup on Monday to set up a possible second-round meeting with Maria Sharapova.
- Pavlyuchenkova overcomes bad weather to win in Hong Kong
HONG KONG (AP) — Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia won her third WTA singles title of the year on Sunday, beating Daria Gavrilova of Australia 5-7, 6-3, 7-6 (3) in the Hong Kong Open final.
- Sharapova wins her 1st title since doping ban
TIANJIN, China (AP) — Maria Sharapova won her first WTA title since returning from a doping ban after defeating Aryna Sabalenka to win the Tianjin Open on Sunday.
- Strycova beats Rybarikova in Linz final for 2nd career title
LINZ, Austria (AP) — Barbora Strycova ended a six-year wait for her second WTA singles title on Sunday by defeating Magdalena Rybarikova of Slovakia 6-4, 6-1 at the Ladies Linz.
AP Tennis Headlines