- Thiem and Carreno Busta into clay-court final in Rio
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — Dominic Thiem and Pablo Carreno Busta will face off in the final of the clay-court Rio Open.
- Tsonga beats Kyrgios to set up all-French final at Open 13
MARSEILLE, France (AP) — Jo-Wilfried Tsonga defeated defending champion Nick Kyrgios 7-6 (5), 2-6, 6-4 at the Open 13 on Saturday, setting up an all-French final at the indoor tournament.
- Jack Sock beats Donald Young to reach Delray Beach final
DELRAY BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Jack Sock won the last seven points of a second-set tiebreaker to beat Donald Young 6-4, 7-6 (2) on Saturday in an all-American semifinal at the Delray Beach Open.
- Svitolina wins Dubai and will debut in top 10
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Elina Svitolina of Ukraine is set to debut in the top 10 after winning her second title of the season at the Dubai Tennis Championships on Saturday.
- Del Potro beats defending champ Querrey in Delray Beach QF
DELRAY BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Juan Martin del Potro never faced a break point and eliminated defending champion Sam Querrey 7-5, 7-5 on Friday night to reach the Delray Beach Open semifinals.
- 2nd-seeded Thiem reaches semifinals of clay-court Rio Open
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — Second-seeded Dominic Thiem beat Diego Schwartzman of Argentina 6-2, 6-3 on Friday to reach the Rio Open semifinals, where he is the favorite following No. 1 Kei Nishikori's defeat in the first round.
- Defending champion Kyrgios into semifinals in Marseille
MARSEILLE, France (AP) — Defending champion Nick Kyrgios made light work of Norbert Gombos to reach the Open 13 semifinals on Friday, beating the Slovakian qualifier 6-3, 6-3 in less than an hour.
- Svitolina beats Kerber and will face Wozniacki in the final
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Top-seeded Angelique Kerber struggled with a knee injury during a 6-3, 7-6 (3) loss to seventh seed Elina Svitolina in the semifinals of the Dubai Tennis Championships on Friday.
- Sam Querrey, Donald Young reach Delray Beach quarterfinals
DELRAY BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Defending champion Sam Querrey reached the Delray Beach Open quarterfinals by hitting 13 aces and winning 24 of 25 first-serve points in a 6-2, 6-3 victory over Jared Donaldson on Thursday.
- No. 4 Carreno Busta reaches quarterfinals at Rio Open
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — Fourth-seeded Pablo Carreno Busta has reached the quarterfinals of the clay-court Rio Open, defeating Victor Estrella Burgos 6-2, 4-6, 6-2.
- Novak Djokovic will return in Acapulco
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Nursing an aching right shoulder injury, Novak Djokovic planned to return to tennis at Indian Wells in the California desert. But the Serbian star changed his mind and accepted a wild card to play in the Acapulco tournament that starts Monday.
- Top seed Monfils and No. 2 Tsonga into Open 13 quarterfinals
MARSEILLE, France (AP) — Top-seeded Gael Monfils and No. 2 Jo-Wilfried Tsonga won in straight sets to reach the quarterfinals of the Open 13 on Thursday.
AP Tennis Headlines