- Halep in line for No. 1 after Cincinnati semifinal win
MASON, Ohio (AP) — Simona Halep moved within a victory of the No. 1 ranking.
- Pliskova sweeps into Cincinnati semis, Nadal comes up short
MASON, Ohio (AP) — Defending champion Karolina Pliskova pulled off a doubleheader sweep Friday at the Western & Southern Open, reaching the semifinals by winning a pair of matches with little rest in-between. Rafael Nadal couldn't do the same.
- Surprise 2009 US Open quarterfinalist Melanie Oudin retires
Melanie Oudin is retiring from professional tennis, eight years after her captivating run to the U.S. Open quarterfinals as a teenager.
- 2011 champ Stosur withdraws from US Open with injured hand
NEW YORK (AP) — Past U.S. Open champion Samantha Stosur has pulled out of the year's last Grand Slam tournament because of an injured right hand.
- Nadal, Pliskova get matches rained out in Cincinnati
MASON, Ohio (AP) — The top seeds at the Western & Southern Open waited hours through rain before their matches were postponed late Thursday night, setting up a chaotic weekend finish.
- Azarenka says she might skip US Open because of child issue
Two-time Australian Open champion Victoria Azarenka says her participation in the U.S. Open is in doubt because she might not be able to bring her son with her to New York as a result of her separation from the baby's father.
- Nadal, Pliskova advance at Cincinnati on day of upsets
MASON, Ohio (AP) — Rafael Nadal and Karolina Pliskova — the No. 1 seeds in the Western & Southern Open — advanced with straight-set wins Wednesday, while the rest of their brackets suffered more top losses.
- '14 US Open runner-up Kei Nishikori latest out of US Open
Kei Nishikori is the latest top player to pull out of the U.S. Open because of an injury.
- Injuries, upsets for men in Cincinnati; Halep, Konta advance
MASON, Ohio (AP) — Injuries and upsets are wrecking the men's side of the Western & Southern Open.
- Maria Sharapova granted wild-card entry into US Open
NEW YORK (AP) — Maria Sharapova was granted a wild-card invitation for the U.S. Open's main draw on Tuesday and will take part in a Grand Slam event for the first time in more than 1½ years.
- Federer out of Cincinnati with bad back; Nadal to be No. 1
MASON, Ohio (AP) — Wimbledon champion Roger Federer withdrew Monday from the Western & Southern Open because of a back injury. He has won the Masters series tournament seven times.
- Zverev upsets Federer for Rogers title
MONTREAL (AP) — Alexander Zverev's hot streak is still alive. Roger Federer's win streak is over.
AP Tennis Headlines