- Venus Williams tumbles out of Rogers Cup in Montreal
MONTREAL (AP) — Sixth-seeded Venus Williams tumbled out of the Rogers Cup in the third round Thursday night, falling 6-1, 6-7 (2), 6-3 to 10th-seeded Madison Keys in an all-American match.
- Canada's Milos Raonic reaches Toronto quarterfinals
TORONTO (AP) — Milos Raonic easily advanced to the Rogers Cup quarterfinals in front of his home fans, routing American qualifier Jared Donaldson 6-2, 6-3 on Thursday night.
- Venus Williams opens Rogers Cup with blowout win
MONTREAL (AP) — Venus Williams opened play in the Rogers Cup on Wednesday with a 6-3, 6-0 victory over Barbora Strycova.
- Novak Djokovic survives scare, tops Gilles Muller in Toronto
TORONTO (AP) — Top-ranked Novak Djokovic survived a scare to beat Gilles Muller 7-5, 7-6 (3) on Wednesday in the Rogers Cup, his final event before the Rio Olympics.
- Switzerland's Belinda Bencic says she is out of Rio Olympics
Top-20 player Belinda Bencic says on Twitter that she is pulling out of the Rio de Janeiro Olympics, another blow to a Swiss tennis team that lost Roger Federer this week, too.
- Monfils, Berdych earn wins at Rogers Cup
TORONTO (AP) — Gael Monfils of France defeated Joao Sousa of Portugal 6-3, 6-3 and fifth seed Tomas Berdych of the Czech Republic beat Croatia's Borna Coric 4-6, 6-1, 6-4 at the Rogers Cup on Tuesday.
- Bouchard earns 3-set victory in Montreal
MONTREAL (AP) — Eugenie Bouchard reconnected with her hometown fans with an impressive first-round victory at the women's Rogers Cup on Tuesday.
- Federer to miss rest of season, including Olympics, US Open
Roger Federer is sitting out the rest of this season, including the Rio de Janeiro Olympics and U.S. Open, to protect his surgically repaired left knee.
- Kyrgios upset, Querrey wins in Toronto
TORONTO (AP) — Denis Shapovalov upset Australia's Nick Kyrgios 7-6 (2), 3-6, 6-3 on Monday night in the first round of the Rogers Cup men's tennis tournament.
- Stosur defeats Watson in 1st round of Rogers Cup
MONTREAL (AP) — Australia's Samantha Stosur won a hard-fought opening match in the first round of the Rogers Cup women's tennis tournament on Monday.
- Johanna Konta tops Venus Williams for first singles crown
STANFORD, Calif. (AP) — As Johanna Konta pounded the ball from every spot on the court Sunday and rarely missed, there were moments Venus Williams could do little more than applaud her opponent's stellar day as winners whipped down the line and drop shots fell perfectly.
- Wickmayer tops Davis, wins Citi Open singles and doubles
WASHINGTON (AP) — Yanina Wickmayer beat Lauren Davis 6-4, 6-2 in the Citi Open final Sunday to win the fifth WTA title of her career.
AP Tennis Headlines