- Christian cartoon tract creator Jack Chick dies at 92
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Jack Chick, whose cartoon tracts preached fundamentalist Christianity while vilifying secular society, evolution, homosexuality, and the beliefs of Catholics and Muslims, has died. He was 92.
- Man dead, 2 children hurt after jump from New Jersey bridge
WANAQUE, N.J. (AP) — A man who jumped off a New Jersey highway bridge with his two children is dead, and the children are injured.
- Surfer bitten by shark at beach; says 'came out of nowhere'
HONOLULU (AP) — A surfer says he's grateful to be recovering in a Maui hospital after a shark bit him — even though the attack forced him and his wife to postpone their honeymoon.
- Want to see World Series at Wrigley? It will cost thousands
CHICAGO (AP) — Fans hoping to see the Cubs play in the World Series for the first time since 1945 are finding a seat could cost them more than what their grandparents paid for their houses.
- NAACP seeks federal probe after noose put on black student
WIGGINS, Miss. (AP) — The president of the Mississippi NAACP is demanding a federal hate crime investigation after the parents of a black high school student said as many as four white students put a noose around their son's neck at school.