- Day of mourning declared in Turkey after twin blasts kill 29
ISTANBUL (AP) — Turkey has declared a national day of mourning after twin blasts in Istanbul killed 29 people and wounded 166 others near a soccer stadium.
- The Latest: 19 people in intensive care after Turkish blasts
ISTANBUL (AP) — The Latest on the twin explosions near an Istanbul soccer stadium (all times local):
- Islamic State militants re-enter Syria's historic Palmyra
BEIRUT (AP) — Islamic State militants re-entered the historic city of Palmyra in central Syria on Saturday for the first time since they were expelled by Syrian and Russian forces nine months ago.
- More than 30 dead as tanker rams into vehicles on Kenya road
NAIVASHA, Kenya (AP) — A runaway tanker carrying volatile gas slammed into other vehicles and burst into flames on a major road in Kenya, killing at least 33 people and injuring 10, officials said early Sunday.
- At least 60 killed as crowded church collapses in Nigeria
LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) — The roof of a crowded church collapsed onto worshippers in southern Nigeria on Saturday, killing at least 60 people, witnesses and an official said.
- US defense secretary arrives in Iraq to assess Mosul fight
BAGHDAD (AP) — U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter has arrived in Baghdad to meet with American commanders and Iraqi leaders and to assess progress in the fight to retake the northern city of Mosul from the Islamic State group.
- Adding 200 more troops to Syria, US deepens involvement
MANAMA, Bahrain (AP) — Drawing the U.S. deeper into the Syria conflict, Defense Secretary Ash Carter announced Saturday he is sending 200 more troops to accelerate the push on the Islamic State's self-declared capital of Raqqa.
- Romanians voting in election overshadowed by graft
BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) — Romanians began voting Sunday in a parliamentary election a year after a massive anti-corruption drive forced the last Socialist prime minister from power.
- Car blast kills 16 at police station in Somalia's capital
MOGADISHU, Somalia (AP) — A suicide car bomber killed at least 16 people and injured nine others at a police station in the Somalia capital, a Somali police official said Sunday.
- Non-OPEC oil producers to cut output 558,000 barrels a day
VIENNA (AP) — OPEC has persuaded 11 non-members to cut oil production, a move aimed at draining a worldwide oil glut and boosting low prices that have squeezed government finances in Russia and Saudi Arabia.
AP Top International News