- Ruling party candidate leads in Ecuador's presidential vote
QUITO, Ecuador (AP) — The hand-picked candidate of socialist President Rafael Correa took the lead in preliminary results from Ecuador's presidential election Sunday, and was just under the threshold needed to win outright and avoid a runoff against his nearest rival.
- AP source: Trump's revised travel ban targets same countries
WASHINGTON (AP) — A draft of President Donald Trump's revised immigration ban targets the same seven countries listed in his original executive order and exempts travelers who already have a visa to travel to the U.S., even if they haven't used it yet.
- High profile gymnasts come forward, claim abuse by doctor
NEW YORK (AP) — Three former elite U.S. gymnasts, including 2000 Olympian Jamie Dantzcher, have come forward saying they were sexually abused by a former doctor currently facing trial on a separate matter.
- On frozen fields, North Korean farmers prep for battle ahead
PYONGYANG, North Korea (AP) — Plug your noses and ready your "Juche fertilizer." It's time to prep the frozen fields in North Korea.
- No. 7 Notre Dame rallies past No. 21 Syracuse, 85-80
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — Brianna Turner scored a career-high 31 points, Marina Mabrey added 22, and No. 7 Notre Dame rallied past No. 21 Syracuse, 85-80 on Sunday.
- Times Square rally protests Trump immigration policies
NEW YORK (AP) — More than a thousand people of various faiths rallied in New York City in support of Muslim Americans and to protest President Donald Trump's immigration policies.
- US vice president visits former Nazi concentration camp
DACHAU, Germany (AP) — U.S. Vice President Mike Pence paid a somber visit to the site of the Dachau concentration camp on Sunday, walking along the grounds where tens of thousands of people were killed during World War II.
- Hoarding hampers attempts to reach woman who died in fire
NORWALK, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut fire officials say a woman has died after a fire broke out in a Norwalk home with extreme hoarding conditions.
- Elderly woman charged with murder after DC slaying
WASHINGTON (AP) — Police say a 76-year-old woman has been charged with murder in the beating death of a 63-year-old man in Washington.
- Former boxer Michael Watson shaken by suspected car-jacking
LONDON (AP) — Former boxer Michael Watson appealed for witnesses on Sunday after he was involved in a "very frightening" suspected car-jacking.
- Colorado town getting a drive-through marijuana shop
PARACHUTE, Colo. (AP) — The western Colorado town of Parachute is getting a drive-through marijuana shop, believed to be the first in the state.
- The Latest: Storm aiming for California renews flood fears
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The Latest on storms in California (all times local):
- Flood fears renewed as another storm aims for California
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The first outer rain bands from a powerful Pacific storm headed to Northern California on Sunday brought light rain and wind and renewed warnings of possible flooding in the already soggy region.
- Trump says remark about Sweden referred to something on TV
HELSINKI (AP) — Swedes have been scratching their heads and ridiculing President Donald Trump's remarks that suggested a major incident had happened in the Scandinavian country. The American president now says he was referring to something he saw on television.
- Toughening penalties if pets are harmed during crimes
FLORIDA, N.Y. (AP) — When Denise Krohn came home to find her goldendoodle Kirby bleeding on the kitchen floor, she at first thought it was a terrible accident. But she soon realized that her home had been ransacked, and that her other dog, Quigley, was lying dead on his favorite blanket in the living room.