- Fund manager Q&A: Utilities good bet in volatile market
Funds that hold utilities stocks have been top performers this year as investors sought shelter from a turbulent stock market.
- Stocks give up an early gain on Wall Street and head lower
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks are edging lower in early afternoon trading on Wall Street Thursday, giving up an early gain and putting the market on track for its third loss in a row. Utilities and consumer stocks fell the most. Energy companies continued to buck the downward trend and notched small gains as the price of crude oil edged higher. Investors are looking ahead to Friday's closely watched jobs report.
- Global stocks steady as US payrolls report looms
LONDON (AP) — Global stocks recovered their poise Thursday following an unconvincing start to the month, as investors became cautious ahead of U.S. jobs data that could go a long way to determining whether the Federal Reserve raises interest rates in June.
- Asian stocks follow Wall Street lower after uneven US data
HONG KONG (AP) — Most Asian stocks drifted lower in holiday-thinned trade after some uneven economic data sent investors into a holding pattern.
- 7 Tips for snagging the best deals at off-price stores
NEW YORK (AP) — Ah, the thrill of thumbing through the racks of designer bargains at T.J. Maxx, Nordstrom Rack and other discount stores.
Latest Business Markets News