- Hating Valentine's Day? Goodwill says donate your ex's stuff
SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) — Is a breakup bringing you heartache for Valentine's Day?
- Drug smuggling charge dropped against 92-year-old Sydney man
SYDNEY (AP) — Prosecutors dropped a charge against a 92-year-old retired surgeon on Friday that alleged he had smuggled 1 million Australian dollars ($700,000) in cocaine hidden on bars of soap into Sydney airport.
- Boston program allows smokers to vote with their butts
BOSTON (AP) — The city of Boston is trying to rid the streets of unsightly cigarette butts by placing special receptacles in high traffic areas that will allow smokers to vote on a simple question.
- Thousands of thumbtacks found in California dog park
HERCULES, Calif. (AP) — Police say they have stepped up patrols and are considering putting cameras to try to catch whoever is spreading thousands of thumbtacks across a Northern California dog park.
- Man waves gun behind TV reporter during live broadcast
NEW YORK (AP) — Police say they're investigating after a man appeared to wave a handgun behind a television news reporter during a live broadcast in New York City.
- Mayor shows love to skateboarders, lifts ban in Love Park
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Skateboarders in Philadelphia are feeling the love from Love Park now that the mayor has temporarily lifted a ban on skating there until it closes for renovations.
- Rare weather event produces spontaneous snowballs in Idaho
BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Thousands of snowballs rolled in a flat central Idaho field look like the work of hundreds of ambitious kids — except there are no human tracks.
- Cops: Arrested NY man admits role in nearly 100 theft cases
AUBURN, N.Y. (AP) — Police say a 24-year-old central New York man who admitted to being involved in about 100 thefts has been arrested again after robbing a woman.
- AP PHOTOS: Jumping donkey leaps to fame in Egyptian village
AL-ARID, Egypt (AP) — A donkey has leapt to fame in a small Egyptian village by defying her species' well-known stubbornness and jumping hurdles on command.
- Couple accused of sex act on Vegas Strip observation wheel
LAS VEGAS (AP) — A Houston man and a New York woman are facing felony charges after authorities say they were recorded having sex in public during a 30-minute ride in a glass-enclosed cabin on a Ferris wheel 550 feet above the Las Vegas Strip.
- Fries with that? Man accused of tossing gator at drive-thru
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Alligators have been used as shoes, briefcases, university mascots, lunch and now, authorities say, a deadly weapon.
- Twin sisters in New Jersey give birth to girls minutes apart
VOORHEES, N.J. (AP) — Twin sisters in New Jersey have given birth to girls just minutes apart at the same hospital.
- Police: Woman wanted duo to rob restaurant where she worked
WASHINGTON, Pa. (AP) — Police say a woman tried to get a couple to rob the Pennsylvania fast-food restaurant where she worked.
- Lock of Lennon's hair expected to fetch $10K at auction
DALLAS (AP) — A lock of hair snipped from the head of John Lennon as the Beatle prepared for a film role is expected to sell for $10,000 at a Dallas auction later this month.
- Man accused of stealing police badges while being questioned
IRWIN, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say a Pennsylvania man stole several police badges while he was being held for questioning in a domestic dispute.