- Police: Teen left court docs about auto theft in stolen car
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say an 18-year-old man drove a stolen car to police headquarters to pick up court papers about a previous auto theft he was involved in — documents that were found in yet another stolen car.
- Prosecutors: Man posed as agent to get VIP Comic Con passes
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Prosecutors say a Utah man posed as a federal agent in an attempt to get VIP tickets to a Comic Con event in Salt Lake City.
- That hissing sound under the dryer? The missing king cobra
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Elvis is back in the building.
- Cops: Man stabbed at funeral, suspect tries to flee in limo
NORTH HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — Police say an argument at a funeral in Connecticut led to a stabbing and an attempted escape in a limousine.
- Sleeping Idaho hunter wakes up to black bear biting his head
BOISE, Idaho (AP) — A hunter asleep in the remote Idaho wilderness woke up when he felt something tugging on his hair. Then he heard the black bear breathing.
- Denali name change trickles down to fast-food burger
SOLDOTNA, Alaska (AP) — The name change of North America's tallest mountain is rippling down to a fast-food chain.
- Neighbors: New Jersey home swept away by storm was nuisance
MIDDLE TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — A Jersey shore home that washed into the bay during a weekend storm was a structurally unsound nuisance and was bound to fall into the water, neighbors said.
- Connecticut university student arrested over mac and cheese
STORRS, Conn. (AP) — A University of Connecticut student faces criminal charges over a confrontation with a campus food court manager who wouldn't let him buy macaroni and cheese with bacon and jalapeno peppers.
- Art lovers stage mock anti-Renoir protest at Boston museum
BOSTON (AP) — Renoir didn't leave much of an impression on a group of art lovers in Boston.
- Ohio man calls cops to complain he got too high on marijuana
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP) — Police in Ohio say they were called to a house by a man who complained he'd gotten too high smoking marijuana.
- Skeletons, skulls under Afghanistan's presidential palace
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — Afghanistan's president palace says skulls and bones belonging to two bodies have been uncovered beneath a kitchen during renovation work on the palace grounds.
- 'Scary Lucy' statue inspires NY mall's Halloween display
LAKEWOOD, N.Y. (AP) â It's a role "Scary Lucy" was born to play: Frightening people at Halloween.
- Kuwaiti with Gulf plates nabbed for 1,645 driving violations
KUWAIT CITY (AP) — A Kuwaiti driver who apparently thought having license plates from another Gulf country would help avoid more than 1,600 traffic citations has been hit with a huge fine.
- Canadian university head proposed rocket spaceflight in 1861
BURLINGTON, Ontario (AP) — Rocket-based spaceflight was proposed 30 years earlier than previously thought by a Canadian university head, a space historian says.
- Christie wears fleece for storm briefing but not THAT fleece
SEA ISLE CITY, N.J. (AP) — New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie wore a fleece jacket for a media briefing on this weekend's storms, but it wasn't THAT fleece.