- Owner: Missing potbellied therapy pig is found, now home
ALIQUIPPA, Pa. (AP) — A missing potbellied pig that serves as a therapy animal has been returned to its Pennsylvania owners.
- Oldest floating US post office scrapes rock, runs aground
MEREDITH, N.H. (AP) — Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night could stop a U.S. mail boat — and then it ran aground in New Hampshire.
- Ultra-marathon runner reunited with missing stray dog
LONDON (AP) — An ultra-marathon runner has been reunited with the stray dog that accompanied him through part of a grueling desert race in China and then went missing.
- Handsome cop upstages rock stars in Northern Ireland
BELFAST, Northern Ireland (AP) — Fans in Northern Ireland are keenly awaiting a Belfast music festival featuring Avicii and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. But the build up to Friday's event has been dominated by a policeman offering safety advice for the event.
- London flight delayed for hour as easyJet crew members argue
LONDON (AP) — An easyJet flight from London's Gatwick Airport to Belfast has faced an hourlong delay after two crew members got into an epic shouting match.
- For 10 years, possibly biggest pearl was hidden under bed
MANILA, Philippines (AP) — A Filipino fisherman in western Palawan island has found possibly the world's biggest pearl, but he didn't know it.
- Cops: Man in Batman costume, Captain America mask stole beer
SALAMANCA, N.Y. (AP) — Do superheroes drink beer?
- Boy, 5, uses allowance to buy lunch for police
WINSLOW TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — A 5-year-old boy in New Jersey has picked up the lunch tab for his police department.
- Branching out: Stick sculptor gains global following
BOYLSTON, Mass. (AP) — The towering, whimsical shapes Patrick Dougherty creates by twisting and weaving sticks together have gained him an international following. Now, the artist who lives in a log cabin near Chapel Hill, North Carolina, is back in New England to build two more of his almost cartoon-like stick sculptures.
- Federal judge puts Starbucks lawsuit on ice in California
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A federal judge has thrown cold water on a lawsuit that claimed Starbucks defrauded customers by adding ice to its cold beverages.
- Sour letter from Bonnie and Clyde to ex-ally up for auction
BOSTON (AP) — Bonnie and Clyde made it quite clear how they felt about a former member of their gang in a letter they sent to him as he sat in the Dallas County Jail.
- Explorer: No train or tunnel at search site for Nazi train
WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Explorers' great hopes for finding a legendary Nazi "gold train" in Poland appeared dashed Wednesday when, after digging extensively, they admitted they have found "no train, no tunnel" at the site.
- Childless Bosnian couple stage and attend their own funeral
SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina (AP) — A childless Bosnian couple have staged and attended their own funeral saying they wanted it to be an opportunity to celebrate life with friends and family.
- Dog-gone: Canine candidate re-elected Minnesota town mayor
CORMORANT, Minn. (AP) — The four-legged mayor of a northwestern Minnesota village greets voters like a true politician.
- Russian cat adopts abandoned baby squirrel monkey from zoo
MOSCOW (AP) — A Russian cat has adopted a baby squirrel monkey after he was abandoned by his mother at a zoo, comforting the little primate by letting him cling to her back for warmth.