- Raccoons recover at California zoo after cross-country ride
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Baby raccoons that inadvertently hitched a cross-country ride to Northern California are recovering at the Oakland Zoo.
- Foreclosed mall once valued at $190M is auctioned for $100
TARENTUM, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania mall that was foreclosed on after its owners failed to repay $143 million has been auctioned off for $100.
- Driver clocked at 91 mph in snowstorm wanted new car stereo
CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — New Hampshire State Police say a driver clocked at 91 mph during a snowstorm said she was late for an appointment to have a new car stereo installed.
- Finally, an explanation of strange African 'fairy circles'?
WASHINGTON (AP) — The forces behind the mysterious "fairy circles" that dot a desert in southern Africa do not appear to be supernatural, but they are intricate and complex.
- Coffee and a slice? 7-Eleven launches breakfast pizza
IRVING, Texas (AP) — 7-Eleven is offering a breakfast pizza.
- Video of giant alligator draws crowds to Florida preserve
LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) — Video of a massive alligator caught walking through a Florida nature reserve in front of stunned onlookers has prompted crowds of people hoping to catch their own glimpse.
- Missing hunter located in Alabama jail
ATHENS, Ala. (AP) — Searchers spent time looking for a missing hunter in north Alabama until officers realized he was actually in jail.
- NJ brewery honors Villanova University's 175th anniversary
CAPE MAY, N.J. (AP) — The co-owners of New Jersey's Cape May Brewing Company are honoring the 175th anniversary of their alma mater with a uniquely named commemorative brew.
- Going bananas? Israeli zoo scrambles to find missing monkey
JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel's largest zoo is scrambling to find a monkey who swung out of a tree and escaped from the wildlife park near Tel Aviv.
- Oklahoma City firefighters rescue cow stuck in swimming pool
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Think it's hard for firefighters to rescue a cat in a tree? Try a cow in a swimming pool.
- Obama made Kenyan artist's name, but Trump portraits fizzle
NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) — Kenyan artist Evans Yegon is sad to see President Barack Obama leave office. The artist has made a name for himself painting $1,000 portraits of Obama and he's finding the new focus of his work — Donald Trump — a hard sell.
- Cutest captain: Sea lion caught in fishing gear hops on boat
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (AP) — Officials say a juvenile sea lion was so happy to be rescued after getting hooked by fishing gear off Southern California, it jumped into a Coast Guard boat.
- Truck company owner charged with evading $1 million in tolls
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — The owner of a New Jersey trucking company has been arrested while trying to board a flight to Aruba and charged with racking up more than $1 million of unpaid tolls and fees.
- What are the odds? Mom, dad, son all share a birthday
Luke and Hillary Gardner never have a problem remembering each other's birthday. After all, the husband and wife were born the same day. And so was their son, 27 years later this past December.
- Airline: Non-toxic de-icer triggered emergency response
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — Alaska Airlines says that a nontoxic de-icer caused attendants to fall ill on a flight, triggering a hazardous material response when the plane landed in San Jose, California.