- It's (another) boy! Michigan family with 13 sons gets No. 14
ROCKFORD, Mich. (AP) — A Michigan couple with 13 sons has welcomed a 14th into the family.
- Homeowner finds naked intruder in her tub, eating Cheetos
MONROE, La. (AP) — Police in Louisiana say a woman came home to discover a naked stranger in her tub, eating her Cheetos while taking a bath.
- California tortoise with cracked shell gets $4,000 repair
SAN DIEGO (AP) — A wayward tortoise that cracked its shell after falling off a 10-foot wall in California is recovering after vets used screws, zip ties and denture material to repair it.
- 'Poop Train' full of NYC sewage raises stink in Alabama town
PARRISH, Ala. (AP) — A stinking trainload of human waste from New York City is stranded in a tiny Alabama town, spreading a stench like a giant backed-up toilet — and the "poop train" is just the latest example of the South being used as a dumping ground for other states' waste.
- Egypt's mufti issues fatwa against buying Facebook 'likes'
CAIRO (AP) — Egypt's top mufti has issued a fatwa, or a religious decree, saying that buying Facebook "likes" is prohibited under Islam because it's a form of fraud and deception.
- Headless doll triggers major police operation in Germany
BERLIN (AP) — An apparent headless body that prompted a major police operation in southern Germany has turned out to be a doll.
- Man said Hooters sign fell on his foot; video said otherwise
MADEIRA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man said the letter "o'' from a Hooters sign blew off the wall and landed on his foot, leaving him with injuries, but surveillance video said otherwise.
- 2 men use signs to spread happiness
NASHUA, N.H. (AP) — Two New Hampshire men are trying to spread some positivity in Nashua with their feel-good signs.
- Minnesota firehouse opens doors during blizzard for prom
FOREST LAKE, Minn. (AP) — Firefighters came to the rescue for a group of Minnesota high school students when a blizzard struck during their prom.
- African warthog found wandering through Florida neighborhood
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. (AP) — African warthogs, not surprisingly, are not native to Florida so state wildlife officials are investigating how one wound up loose in a suburban neighborhood.
- Predators unveil new catfish tank for start of NHL playoffs
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Tossing catfish onto the ice has been a popular hockey tradition in Music City and the Nashville Predators finally have their own catfish tank inside the arena.
- Mower, tooth in a box, Vishnu doll in New Jersey beach trash
POINT PLEASANT BEACH, N.J. (AP) — The bizarre trash items plucked from New Jersey's beaches last year might be enough to cause nausea or heartburn. But don't worry, a bottle of Pepto-Bismol was among the items collected.