- Extreme Wyoming cold frosts even Moscow Ballet
CASPER, Wyo. (AP) — It got so cold in Wyoming, even the Moscow Ballet couldn't move.
- Signs to mark eastern and western ends of longest US road
BOSTON (AP) — Signs marking the eastern and western ends of the longest continuous road in the U.S. have been unveiled on both coasts.
- Police: Black cat crosses suspect's path, rats him out
EPHRATA, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania police department says a black cat was lucky for one of its officers tracking down a fugitive.
- Gimme a hundred: Red Sox-Brewers trade contains $100 clause
OXON HILL, Md. (AP) — A hundred dollars can still go a long way in baseball.
- Deck the ... Look out! Woman tries to run over decorating ex
CONNELLSVILLE, Pa. (AP) — State police say holiday music was blaring from a Pennsylvania woman's car as she tore up the yard of her ex-boyfriend's home, nearly running the man and his family over.
- Ohio man's controversial 'Zombie Nativity' vandalized
CINCINNATI (AP) — A suburban Cincinnati man says someone vandalized the "Zombie Nativity" scene he puts up annually, beheading the ghoulish-looking Mary figure and flipping the greenish baby Jesus into the yard.
- More than 200 Christmas wreaths stolen from Maine farm
ALFRED, Maine (AP) — Hundreds of holiday wreaths have been stolen from a Maine farm.
- Police nab suspects, fowl accomplice in break-in
NORTHAMPTON, Mass. (AP) — Two suspects in a weekend break-in at a Massachusetts convenience store had a fowl accomplice.
- Police send gas station robbery suspect Facebook message
BRIDGEVILLE, Pa. (AP) — Police in one Pennsylvania town have sent an armed robbery suspect a message on Facebook, and it's not because they want to be friends.
- Cheers greet British veteran, 89, as he starts his new job
LONDON (AP) — An 89-year-old army veteran who made national headlines in Britain with a newspaper ad seeking work has started his new job.
- Police: 'Postal Grinch' caught opening post office packages
BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man is being accused of being a Christmas Grinch after authorities say he broke into a post office and tried to steal packages.
- Museum to auction wax figures of presidents, first ladies
GETTYSBURG, Pa. (AP) — A Gettysburg wax museum that features the likeness of every U.S. president and first lady has closed and the figures are up for auction.
- Friendly moose befriends 2 cows on Vermont farm
SHELDON, Vt. (AP) — A Vermont couple has chased off a moose that appeared to be bonding with their two cows on a Sheldon farm because they didn't want it to get injured, stuck in their barn or damage their fences.
- Ho ho? Oh, no! It's too warm for Boston holiday wonderland
BOSTON (AP) — Santa Claus or Santa Thaws?
- Macaw poses in man's mug shot after unlucky court appearance
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A 4-year-old macaw named "Bird" is an instant celebrity after appearing in a posed booking mug shot in Oregon with his unfortunate owner.