- Idaho authorities: No booze during 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Idaho authorities are telling movie theaters serving alcohol that they can't provide drinks during showings of the erotic blockbuster "Fifty Shades of Grey."
- Ohio home pelted by eggs for a year; police can't crack case
EUCLID, Ohio (AP) — An 85-year-old man says his suburban Cleveland home has been pelted with eggs several times a week for a year, and police haven't been able to crack the unusual case despite stakeouts, questioning neighbors, installing a surveillance camera and even testing eggshells as evidence.
- Rooms going fast at Hungary's village for rent
BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP) — Rooms at Hungary's village-for-rent are going fast.
- South African Airways refunds customers after bungle
JOHANNESBURG (AP) — It looked like a steal: $72 for a round-trip business class ticket on South African Airways between Johannesburg and Abu Dhabi.
- Faucet theft from German spy building causes water leak
BERLIN (AP) — Police say someone removed faucets from the still-incomplete headquarters of Germany's foreign intelligence service in Berlin, causing a large water leak.
- Firefighters rescue dog trapped in gap between walls
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (AP) — Los Angeles County firefighters got creative to rescue a dog that had fallen into a six-inch-wide gap in West Hollywood, California.
- Emu jumps fence, escapes from farm when noise spooks bird
GREENVILLE, N.C. (AP) — An emu jumped a fence and escaped from a farm in North Carolina when it was spooked by a loud piece of farm equipment.
- Bill to make 'Hang on Sloopy' Ohio's rock song passes House
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A proposal to make "Hang On Sloopy" Ohio's official rock song has struck the right note with state representatives.
- Court: Man burned by fajitas while praying can't sue eatery
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — A New Jersey appellate court says a man cannot seek damages for burns he suffered while bowing his head in prayer over a sizzling steak fajita skillet at a restaurant.
- Texan arrested with sword in cane, tried to visit jailed son
SAN ANTONIO (AP) — A San Antonio man trying to visit his jailed son also landed behind bars after being caught with a combination cane and 2-foot sword.
- Mystery solved: Source of bad smell in Louisville found
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Officials with Louisville's Metro Air Pollution Control District say they've identified the source of the bad odor that residents have been complaining about for a week.
- Woman admits digging up dad's grave in search of 'real will'
LANCASTER, N.H. (AP) — A woman who told police she dug up her father's grave in search of his "real will" but found only vodka and cigarettes pleaded guilty Monday.
- Southern California beach turned white by hail from storm
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (AP) — The beach at Southern California's "Surf City" has been turned white by a dumping of hail from a fast-moving storm.
- Nebraska police find pot inside container labeled 'Not Weed'
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — A man in Lincoln, Nebraska, has been cited for possessing pot inside a container that had been slapped with a label reading: "Not Weed."
- That stinks: Source of bad smell evades Louisville officials
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — There's a bad smell in parts of the Louisville, Kentucky, area but nobody knows where it's coming from.