- Golf club owner agrees to pay $100,000 over manure incident
ESCONDIDO, Calif. (AP) — The owner of a Southern California golf club, who raised a stink by spreading chicken manure on the course, has agreed to pay $100,000 to air pollution regulators.
- Teacher who was late 111 times says he was eating breakfast
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — An elementary school teacher who was allowed to keep his job despite being late for work 111 times in two years said Friday that breakfast is to blame for his tardiness.
- Benedictine monk relaxing atop wind turbine spotted by drone
PORTSMOUTH, R.I. (AP) — A Benedictine monk who works at a private Rhode Island school has discovered that finding solitude is no easy feat, even 175 feet in the air.
- More precise data makes tiny Estonia grow by 834 islands
COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) — Tiny Estonia just got a little bit bigger.
- Air guitarists duke it out at Finland world championships
OULU, Finland (AP) — Who can play wildest on an instrument no one can see? A record 30 air guitarists from a dozen countries are jamming on a stage in northern Finland to answer just that question.
- New Jersey teacher who was late for work 111 times keeps job
NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. (AP) — An elementary school teacher has been allowed to keep his job even though he was late for work 111 times over a two-year period.
- Beware manspreading, enjoy wine o'clock: new Oxford words
LONDON (AP) — Manspreading is so widespread it's now a word.
- Man arrested after firing fake gun outside Tombstone saloon
TOMBSTONE, Ariz. (AP) — A man who shot several rounds from a prop gun outside a saloon in the historic Arizona town of Tombstone faces disorderly conduct and other charges.
- 2 homeless pythons given to Vermont man headed to sanctuary
NORTH CLARENDON, Vt. (AP) — Two giant southeast Asian pythons that were rescued by a long-time snake collector and were turned over to state game wardens are headed to a sanctuary.
- Clock shock: British admit Big Ben's bongs not quite on time
LONDON (AP) — Don't set your watch by Big Ben.
- Texas couple rushes marriage vows to beat the stork
HOUSTON (AP) — It could have been the plot of a movie: A Houston couple improvises a hospital wedding in less than an hour after the bride goes into labor early.
- Police: Woman found intruder taking a shower, doing laundry
ERIE, Pa. (AP) — Pennsylvania State Police say a woman found an intruder taking a shower and doing his laundry at her home when she woke up.