- Pop went the weasel and down went the Large Hadron Collider
GENEVA (AP) — It's one of the physics world's most complex machines, and it has been immobilized — temporarily — by a weasel.
- Professor puts CV of his failures online to give perspective
PRINCETON, N.J. (AP) — A Princeton University professor has published a CV of his career failures as a way to give perspective to students who are feeling discouraged.
- University: Paying $17,570 for dining hall table was mistake
DURHAM, N.H. (AP) — The University of New Hampshire now acknowledges that spending $17,000 on a custom-made chef's table with LED lights for the campus dining hall was a mistake.
- Teacher to run 5K race 6 months after double lung transplant
BOSTON (AP) — Six months to the day after undergoing a life-saving double lung transplant, a Boston school teacher who was born with a disease that robs him of lung capacity is running a 5K charity road race this weekend.
- Giant Chinese zodiac sculptures are turning heads in Boston
BOSTON (AP) — A dozen giant bronze animal heads representing the signs of the Chinese zodiac are stopping people in their tracks in downtown Boston and sparking conversations.
- Marijuana advocate dubbed NJ Weedman arrested again, for pot
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — A marijuana advocate dubbed NJ Weedman has been arrested again on marijuana charges after law enforcement raided his restaurant and cannabis temple.
- Shall I compare thee to a carburetor? Indy 500 gets a poet
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — An Indiana University student who is a poet and a performer has been named the Indianapolis 500's first official poet since the early 20th century.
- Cops: Fleeing man jumps into river, runs naked from hospital
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Police say a Pittsburgh man driving a stolen car ditched the vehicle and jumped into a river to escape from authorities. Police say after being captured, he fled naked from a hospital and hid inside a dumpster.
- Officials: New Jersey man skipped $12,000 in EZ Pass tolls
JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a New Jersey man who owes $12,000 in unpaid EZ Pass tolls has had his black Mercedes Benz impounded and is facing charges.
- Surgeon makes tourism ad after Rhode Island's Iceland flop
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — An oral surgeon made a Rhode Island tourism ad and paid for it to air on television following the botched rollout of the state's own tourism campaign that featured an image of Iceland.
- School project's graffiti sparks fears Zodiac Killer is back
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — A Florida State University class project about drug cartels and serial killers took a turn when students scrawled a message on a sidewalk associated with the infamous Zodiac Killer.
- Russian girl, age 10, flies without ticket or ID
MOSCOW (AP) — Russian transport police say a 10-year old girl flew from Moscow to St. Petersburg without identification or a ticket.
- 12-year-old girl runs NY half-marathon by mistake
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) — A 12-year-old western New York girl has wound up running 10 extra miles after she got into the wrong road race.
- Selfies with suburban Atlanta gator? Bad idea, police warn
PEACHTREE CITY, Ga. (AP) — Fearing Snapchat could take an ugly turn toward "snap chomp," police are warning people not to take selfies with an alligator in suburban Atlanta.
- Police: Upstate NY mayor stole 111 road signs from the DOT
FRANKFORT, N.Y. (AP) — State police say an upstate New York mayor illegally provided his village with 111 road signs belonging to the state Department of Transportation.