- Think Trump and Clinton fall flat? Vote for Cat in the Hat
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (AP) — Voters who think presidential candidates Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton fall flat can now choose the Cat in the Hat.
- No typical salmon run: Fish spills across Alaska highway
JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) — Alaskans are always excited by salmon runs, unless it's across a highway.
- Man, 62, playing 'Pokemon Go' at night gets stuck in mud pit
COEYMANS, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities say a 62-year-old man playing "Pokemon Go" at night in the woods behind his New York home became stuck in waist-deep mud and had to be rescued.
- Police reunite traveler with lost turtle at NYC bus station
NEW YORK (AP) — A turtle found wandering around a busy New York City bus terminal has been reunited with its grateful but sleepy owner.
- Romania: hang glider dumps contraband cigarettes in field
BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) — Romanian border police have confiscated thousands of packs of cigarettes which apparently were dropped in a field from a powered hang glider.
- Band of monkeys raid Thai polling place, tear up voter lists
BANGKOK (AP) — Election officials in northern Thailand think they can buy off a gang of monkey vandals with fresh fruit and vegetables, after about 100 macaques tore up voter lists publicly posted ahead of next month's referendum on a proposed constitution.
- Hemingway (no relation) wins look-alike contest in Key West
KEY WEST, Fla. (AP) — A white-bearded North Carolina man has won the "Papa" Hemingway Look-Alike Contest.
- Coast Guard seeks hoax caller whose 'maydays' cost $500,000
BALTIMORE (AP) — The U.S. Coast Guard says it's looking for a man who has cost the service about $500,000 after responding to nearly 30 of his fake distress calls.
- Canadian teens detained for Pokemon Go border crossing
HELENA, Mont. (AP) — U.S. Border Patrol officials say two Canadian teenagers were briefly apprehended after they accidentally crossed the U.S. border into Montana while playing the game "Pokemon Go."
- Too busy for Pokemon? These entrepreneurs will play for you
NEW YORK (AP) — Too busy with your real life to play the hit augmented reality game "Pokemon Go"? For a price, some entrepreneurs will play the game for you.
- Police tweet 2 bulls in 'custody' after Baltimore escape
BALTIMORE (AP) — Police say two bulls escaped from a west Baltimore slaughterhouse, but didn't get far before being corralled and taken into "custody."
- Old lobster spared the pot, will retire to Maine aquarium
BOOTHBAY HARBOR, Maine (AP) — It's not common for senior citizens to move from Florida to Maine, but Larry the Lobster's life depends on it.
- Man lassoes bear with head stuck in big plastic container
GLENWOOD SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — A Colorado bed and breakfast owner armed with just a length of rope helped save a black bear with a giant plastic container stuck on its head.
- Real estate agent finds 2 women, 63 cats inside home, van
WASHINGTON (AP) — Animal rescue officials recovered armloads of cats and kittens from a vacant house in the nation's capital after a real estate agent found two women living there illegally and called police.
- Woman uses dummy passenger with briefcase in carpool lane
DIX HILLS, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities in New York say a woman has been ticketed for driving in a carpool lane with a fake passenger — who even had a briefcase.