- In sync: Over 31,000 in China set world dance record
BEIJING (AP) — China's dancing grannies have taken their moves to the record books.
- Police smile at 'Cops Suck' tattoo across man's knuckles
BANGOR, Maine (AP) — A police officer in Maine is getting a laugh out of a man's tattoo that says, "Cops Suck."
- Alaska inmate escapes, then comes back to try to free others
FAIRBANKS, Alaska (AP) — A minimum-security prisoner who escaped from a halfway house in Alaska came back three hours later, but it wasn't to turn himself in.
- Chewbacca Mom's infectious laugh draws more than 137M views
NEW YORK (AP) — Before last week, Candace Payne's infectious laugh was known only to her close friends and family. After she went into hysterics donning a toy Chewbacca mask in a video she posted online, more than 137 million viewers know it too.
- Men caught playing ball at unfinished Connecticut stadium
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — The Hartford Yard Goats won't be the first to take the field at Dunkin' Donuts Park when the Double-A team makes it long-awaited debut at the new stadium.
- 12-year-old California student ready to start university
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — A 12-year-old Sacramento student who already has three community college degrees and has been accepted to two University of California campuses says he plans on studying biomedical engineering and becoming a doctor and medical researcher by the time he turns 18.
- Spanish priest pleads for divine intervention to repair road
MADRID (AP) — A Spanish priest says he has given up hope that local authorities in his parish of Xestoso in the northwest of the country will fix the potholes in the roads so he has asked for divine intervention.
- Blimp makes emergency landing at construction site, deflates
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A blimp has made an emergency landing and deflated at a construction site next to a Philadelphia highway.
- Donkeys up for adoption in Hawaii, but only in pairs
HONOLULU (AP) — When David Paul Sennett was a child, he had a stuffed donkey. But he always wanted a real one of his own.
- No joke: 3 mayors walk into an elevator, get stuck
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Three mayors walk into an elevator — but what happened next was no joke, though the officials managed to amuse themselves until they could be rescued about 40 minutes later.
- Knock, knock: No joke, an alligator's at the front door
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — A Florida family thought someone was trying to break into their apartment when they heard knocking sounds at 4 a.m.
- Airbus unit unveils 3D-printed electric motorcycle
BERLIN (AP) — What weighs 77 pounds, goes 50 mph (80 kph) and looks like a Swiss cheese on wheels?
- Michigan man charged after stripper paid with fake $100 bill
KOCHVILLE TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — A Michigan man is facing charges after a stripper was paid with a counterfeit $100 bill following a lap dance.
- Eiffel Tower to be turned into a Euro 2016 rental apartment
PARIS (AP) — Four lucky competition winners are set to be the first people in history to use the Eiffel Tower as a vacation home next month.
- Huge peach, scorned by some, is plucked from Atlanta skyline
ATLANTA (AP) — To some, the metal tower supporting a giant peach atop an Atlanta building was about as popular as a freeway-snarling ice storm.