- Boxer Jermain Taylor accused of shooting cousin
MAUMELLE, Ark. (AP) — Former middleweight boxing champion Jermain Taylor has been arrested on suspicion of domestic battery and assault in a shooting that wounded Taylor's cousin at the boxer's suburban Little Rock home, authorities said.
- Your Top Plays for Today
Your Top Plays for Today: AP's Sports Guide
- Pacquiao to help set up boxing academy in China
MANILA, Philippines (AP) — Manny Pacquiao is setting up a boxing institute in China and believes the country of 1.4 billion people can produce professional world champions.
- 'Young' at 34, Estrella wins 1st Grand Slam match
NEW YORK (AP) — Victor Estrella came to the perfect place to earn his first Grand Slam victory at the age of 34.
- Love struck: Kevin Love pledges commitment to Cavs
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio (AP) — Kevin Love's phone rang in July and LeBron James asked the All-Star forward if he wanted to play with him in Cleveland.
- Seoul: Trains, fast cell service, palaces and food
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — South Korea's hyper-efficient capital doesn't immediately spring to mind when you think of exotic Asian destinations. But this mega-city offers much to tempt travelers beyond a layover from the ultra-modern international airport in nearby Incheon. You can explore Korea's rich historic heritage, visiting temples and palaces; wander around the enormous National Museum of Korea, and savor the delights of its surprisingly varied cuisine.
- Michigan shrugs off bad memories of Appalachian St
ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) — Drake Johnson will never forget it.
- Today in History
Today is Tuesday, August 26, the 238th day of 2014. There are 127 days left in the year.
- Slovenia's parliament approves newcomer as premier
LJUBLJANA, Slovenia (AP) — Slovenia's parliament has approved political newcomer Miro Cerar as the crisis-stricken eurozone country's next prime minister.
- Pope endorses Sept. 1 interreligious peace match
VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Francis is backing an interreligious soccer match that will gather greats from around the globe and is aimed at promoting peace and raising money for at-risk kids.
- Bavetta looks back on a lifetime in basketball
Dick Bavetta never missed a game.
- Ledecky leaves her mark in Australia
GOLD COAST, Australia (AP) — The long, deep breaths were a sign: Elation, satisfaction, relief. And just a touch of exhaustion.
- Today in History
Today is Monday, August 25, the 237th day of 2014. There are 128 days left in the year.
- Phelps shows his comeback is on track at Pan Pacs
GOLD COAST, Australia (AP) — Michael Phelps gave an incredulous look, an almost indignant response and strode away to collect a gold medal.
- Sam Mikulak rallies for US gymnastics title
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Sam Mikulak isn't much on regret. It's just not his thing.