- Nevada becomes one of Trump's big hopes for swing state win
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Russ Wheeler bears the financial scars of Nevada's lost decade, and he hopes Donald Trump can heal them.
- Kurdish-led Syria forces face off with Turkish-backed rebels
BEIRUT (AP) — Backed by Turkish tanks and reports of airstrikes, Turkey-allied Syrian rebels clashed with Kurdish-led forces in northeastern Syria in a new escalation that further complicates the already protracted Syrian conflict.
- Friends, colleagues to remember slain Mississippi nuns
DURANT, Miss. (AP) — Friends and colleagues who knew two nuns killed in their Mississippi home are gathering Sunday to remember them, as authorities continue to investigate the harrowing crime that shocked people in the small communities where the women committed their lives to helping the poor.
- Trump warns of regulations, taxes harming family farmers
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Donald Trump said rival Hillary Clinton will push regulations and high taxes that will hurt family farmers as he campaigned in Iowa, an agricultural state that remains a presidential election battleground.
- In North Korea, a hardboiled (and fictional) cop keeps watch
NEW YORK (AP) — The hero, a police inspector, prowls a city known more for its political malevolence than its street crime. If you read the local newspapers, you could think it's a city with almost no crime at all. There have been no murders reported there for years, no bank robberies, no muggings, no rapes.
- Niners QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for anthem in protest
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is refusing to stand for the national anthem before games because he believes the United States oppresses African Americans and other minorities.
- Tony Romo out with another back injury, no word on return
FRISCO, Texas (AP) — Tony Romo is out with yet another back injury and it's unknown when he will return, although Dallas coach Jason Garrett says he expects his star quarterback to play this season.
- Sanchez hits another home run, Yankees rout Orioles 13-5
NEW YORK (AP) — With each day, with every swing, this run by Gary Sanchez becomes even more remarkable.
- Harper throws helmet, gets ejected in Nats' loss to Rockies
WASHINGTON (AP) — Bryce Harper yelled at umpire Mike Winters and threw his helmet to the ground, leading to his ejection from the Washington Nationals' 9-4 loss to the Colorado Rockies on Saturday.
- Pedroia falls short of record, Red Sox beat Royals
BOSTON (AP) — Dustin Pedroia came to the plate in the eighth inning knowing he had some sort of special streak going.