- Solar plane arrives in Arizona on latest leg of global trip
GOODYEAR, Ariz. (AP) — An airplane powered only by sunlight has arrived in a Phoenix suburb after completing the latest leg of its global trip.
- Move over drones, driverless cars _ unmanned ship up next
SAN DIEGO (AP) — It's not only drones and driverless cars that may become the norm someday — ocean-faring ships might also run without captains or crews.
- Lights out: Philips to launch IPO for lighting division
THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) — Royal Philips NV announced Tuesday that it is spinning off its iconic lighting division in an initial public offering so it can focus on its future as a health technology provider.
- Solar plane on global trip arrives in Arizona
GOODYEAR, Ariz. (AP) — A solar-powered airplane landed in suburban Phoenix Monday night after a daylong flight from California — the latest leg in its around the world journey using only energy from the sun.
- Who created bitcoin? The long search may not be over
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Who is Satoshi Nakamoto? For many in the tech world, the identity of bitcoin's elusive creator has been a long-running parlor game. And the speculation might not be over.
- Light-up gowns and gladiators: Met Gala fashion was fierce
NEW YORK (AP) — They came as robots and gladiators, light-up princesses and high-haired goddesses shimmering in green, copper and silver.
- The Latest: Solar plane lands in suburban Phoenix
GOODYEAR, Ariz. (AP) — The Latest on the flight of a solar-powered airplane from California to Arizona in an attempt to circumnavigate the globe (all times local):
- Metallics reign on tech-heavy Met Gala red carpet
NEW YORK (AP) — The Met Gala red carpet gleamed on Monday with sparkly metallics and shiny, futuristic-looking fabrics as stars paid homage to this year's technology-centered theme.
- WhatsApp is what's out in Brazil, amid judicial battle
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — The popular messaging service WhatsApp went down in Brazil on Monday as a state judge ordered it blocked nationwide for 72 hours amid a legal tussle over users' information.
- US stocks rise as some tech companies recover
NEW YORK (AP) — U.S. stock indexes moved solidly higher Monday afternoon, recovering some of last week's steep declines. Recently battered technology stocks such as Amazon.com and Microsoft all posted gains, helping end a seven-day losing streak in the Nasdaq composite.
- Bitcoin's creator unmasks himself _ well, maybe
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The mystery creator of the digital currency bitcoin has finally stepped forward. Or has he?
- Former North Korea detainee Kenneth Bae tells story in book
SEATTLE (AP) — Kenneth Bae, a U.S. citizen who was detained for two years in North Korea, is telling his story in a new book.
- AP EXPLAINS: What is bitcoin? A look at the digital currency
NEW YORK (AP) — Bitcoin is a type of digital currency that allows people to buy goods and services and exchange money without involving banks, credit card issuers or other third parties. Its origins have long been a mystery — though an Australian man long rumored to have ties to bitcoin has come forward claiming to be its creator.
- US military tests world's largest unmanned ship
SAN DIEGO (AP) — The U.S. military is beginning testing on the world's largest unmanned ship — a self-driving 132-foot surface vessel designed to travel thousands of miles out at sea without a single crew member on board.