- How Amazon's Dash buttons can thwart smart shopping
NEW YORK (AP) — Amazon is expanding its lineup of Dash buttons, its "Jetsons"-style devices that let you reorder a particular product with a single touch. The online retailer says the buttons offer "quick and easy" convenience — but they won't necessarily help you save money.
- Can you hear them now? New buoy listens for singing whales
MINEOLA, N.Y. (AP) — Scientists have deployed a buoy 22 miles off the coast of New York's Fire Island to monitor several species of great whales in "near real-time." The high-tech acoustic device will eavesdrop on the songs of the whales to better understand and safeguard their movements near two busy shipping lanes entering New York Harbor.
- Stephen Hawking: Greed, stupidity greatest threats to Earth
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Physicist Stephen Hawking says pollution, greed and stupidity are the greatest threats to Earth.
- The Latest: Gov. Kasich may skip GOP convention
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on the U.S. presidential campaign. (all times EDT):
- Booster rocket fires in key NASA test for Mars missions
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) — NASA's fireworks came early this year with a successful rocket test in Utah.
- The top iPhone and iPad apps on App Store
App Store Official Charts for the week ending June 26, 2016:
- Clinton proposes debt forgiveness to young entrepreneurs
DENVER (AP) — Hillary Clinton on Tuesday proposed letting entrepreneurs defer making student loan payments in order to create jobs and stimulate growth.
- The Latest: Unclear whether crash-prevention technology used
AMARILLO, Texas (AP) — The Latest on the freight train crash in West Texas (all times local):
- Google offers new way for users to manage ads, personal data
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Google is trying to make it easier for you to manage the vast pool of information that it collects about your online activities across phones, computers and other devices.
- 'Avatar' mobile game landing ahead of film sequels
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Before moviegoers return to Pandora, they'll be able visit the exotic alien world from "Avatar" on their smartphones.
- Key dates in Volkswagen's diesel emissions scandal
Here is a timeline of the emissions scandal that has dogged automaker Volkswagen.
- The Latest: Volkswagen settles emissions claims with states
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The Latest on the settlement of environmental and consumer claims against Volkswagen over its emissions-cheating scandal (all times local):
- Fiat Chrysler gearshift probe finds 266 crashes, 68 injuries
DETROIT (AP) — A government investigation into confusing gear shifters like the one in the SUV that crushed and killed Star Trek actor Anton Yelchin found 266 crashes that injured 68 people.
- US Navy turns to cloud technology to reduce drunken driving
TOKYO (AP) — An American sailor has tapped a cloud-based technology for mobile phones to make it easier to have volunteers take turns driving drunk friends home, an initiative that has curtailed drunken driving among the Navy ranks.