- Ig Nobel winner: Using pork to stop nosebleeds
BOSTON (AP) — There's some truth to the effectiveness of folk remedies and old wives' tales when it comes to serious medical issues, according to findings by a team from Detroit Medical Center.
- Winners of the 2014 Ig Nobel Awards
The 2014 Ig Nobel winners, awarded Thursday at Harvard University by the Annals of Improbable Research magazine:
- Jeter corn maze set to open as his career wraps up
SOUTH BRUNSWICK, N.J. (AP) — As Derek Jeter plays his final regular-season home stand with the Yankees, a New Jersey farm is preparing to welcome guests to a 5-acre corn maze carved in his honor.
- Leaking lime juice sends responders to cargo jet
KETCHIKAN, Alaska (AP) — A mysterious liquid leaking on a cargo jet sent emergency responders to the island that is home to the Ketchikan, Alaska, airport.
- Police: Man caused $14K damage by doing doughnuts
BUTLER, Pa. (AP) — Police say a Pennsylvania man caused more than $14,000 damage to several other vehicles when he took a dare to do a "doughnut" with his pickup truck in a bar parking lot.