- Porcupine sculpture stolen from Maine airport is replaced
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — A prickly steel-and-nails sculpture of a mama porcupine and its baby has replaced a statue that was stolen from an airport in Maine.
- Dog day: Officer finds 911 caller, now both lost in woods
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A police officer dashed into the woods alone to search for a man who called 911 saying he ran into forest to escape two armed men.
- Colorado governor attends event wearing Trump, Sanders socks
DENVER (AP) — Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper says he was just having a little fun when he showed up to a book signing sporting a pair of socks featuring caricatures of presidential candidates Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders.
- Police say man used front-loader to break into liquor store
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Alaska police say a man used a stolen front-end loader to break into a liquor store and then led officers on a low-speed chase early Thursday.
- Mudslide slogs travel on key route in Glacier National Park
WEST GLACIER, Mont. (AP) — For tourists trying to get to some sights in Glacier National Park, it's been a dam inconvenience.