- Tony Hawk recreates his breakthrough skate trick at age 48
VISTA, Calif. (AP) — Tony Hawk has landed a 900 — a 2-and-a-half- turn trick few skateboarders dare to try— 17 years to the day after the same feat made him a household name.
- Horseback rider on NYC bridge is raising awareness of hunger
NEW YORK (AP) — A cowboy who tied up traffic by riding a horse across a busy bridge connecting New York City and New Jersey says he is traversing the country to raise money and awareness for child hunger.
- German court restarts trial after judge repeatedly nods off
BERLIN (AP) — A German court had to restart the trial of two men suspected of robbing a grocery store because a judge kept nodding off during the proceedings.
- 40-year-old Twinkie still going strong
BLUE HILL, Maine (AP) — In a glass box in a private school in Maine sits a 40-year-old chemistry experiment still going strong: A decades-old Twinkie.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets 12 prospects
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho (AP) — The father of a Salt Lake City businessman who placed an Idaho newspaper ad seeking women interested in marrying his 48-year-old son has received about a dozen inquiries.