- Motorcyclist brags to cops he hit 185 mph in chase
CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — New Hampshire police say a motorcyclist clocked at 127 mph bragged after being arrested that he had reached 185 mph during the chase.
- Dog turns on stove, which then sets laptop ablaze
LACEY TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — Police say a New Jersey family's dog turned on the stove, which caught the laptop resting on the burner on fire and sent smoke through the roof.
- Slice of Princess Diana's wedding cake auctioned
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A 33-year-old slice of cake from Prince Charles and Princess Diana's 1981 wedding has sold at auction for $1,375.
- 1K-pound alligator caught in Alabama sets record
CAMDEN, Ala. (AP) — A gigantic alligator caught by a family in Alabama earlier this month has set a Safari Club International world record.
- Community service eyed for Brooklyn Bridge stunt
NEW YORK (AP) — A judge is suggesting a Russian tourist who climbed the Brooklyn Bridge be sentenced to community service — like cleaning a bridge.