- Former middle school students look for missing time capsule
INDIALANTIC, Fla. (AP) — Former students of a central Florida middle school were hoping to crack open a buried time capsule to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Hoover Middle School.
- Kuwaiti with Gulf plates nabbed for 1,645 driving violations
KUWAIT CITY (AP) — A Kuwaiti driver who apparently thought having license plates from another Gulf country would help avoid more than 1,600 traffic citations has been hit with a huge fine.
- Canadian university head proposed rocket spaceflight in 1861
BURLINGTON, Ontario (AP) — Rocket-based spaceflight was proposed 30 years earlier than previously thought by a Canadian university head, a space historian says.
- University of Connecticut serving up crickets at food truck
STORRS, Conn. (AP) — A food truck at the University of Connecticut is serving up roasted crickets.
- Man gets long prison term, then gets married at courthouse
GREENSBURG, Pa. (AP) — A man sentenced to at least 20 years in prison in one Pennsylvania courtroom has followed that up by walking into another courtroom to marry his girlfriend.