- Man says he put rifle-toting statue near gas station
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — A Pennsylvania man says he left a rifle-toting statue at a southern New Jersey gas station.
- Firefighters rescue duck stuck in Louisiana fireplace
SLIDELL, La. (AP) — Firefighters in Louisiana have rescued a duck lodged in a fireplace.
- California woman eats 3 steak dinners in 20 minutes in Texas
AMARILLO, Texas (AP) — A competitive eater has conquered three 72-ounce steak dinners in about 20 minutes during a food challenge held at a restaurant in Amarillo, Texas.
- Missing wedding ring plucked from dog doo, returned to owner
SITKA, Alaska (AP) — An Alaska woman suspected her family's dog snatched her wedding ring, but she couldn't find proof — until the diamond-encrusted platinum band turned up months later at a local ball field.
- Detroit Zoo to turn manure from its animals into power
ROYAL OAK, Mich. (AP) — The Detroit Zoo is planning to turn abundant piles of animal manure into energy.