- The Latest: Champagne and coffee for director Villeneuve
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) — The latest on the 89th annual Oscar nominations announced Tuesday by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences from Beverly Hills, California (all times local):
- Trump signs orders advancing Keystone, Dakota pipelines
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump moved to advance construction of the Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines Tuesday, a pair of projects that were blocked by the Obama administration due in part to environmental concerns. Both orders are subject to renegotiations of the agreements.
- Trump courts business, labor in delicate balancing act
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's opening work day offered a look at his tricky balancing act between American businesses and the working-class voters who propelled his march to the White House.
- Oscars go gaga for 'La La Land' with record-tying 14 nods
The candy-colored love letter to musicals "La La Land" landed a record-tying 14 Academy Award nominations on Tuesday, while a notably more diverse field of nominees brushed off two straight years of "OscarsSoWhite" backlash.
- UK government loses Brexit case, must consult Parliament
LONDON (AP) — Britain's government must get parliamentary approval before starting the process of leaving the European Union, the Supreme Court ruled Tuesday, potentially delaying Prime Minister Theresa May's plans to trigger exit negotiations by the end of March.
- Venus Williams, Federer back in the thick of a Grand Slam
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — For all their Grand Slam successes, Venus Williams and Roger Federer still find themselves surprised to be in the semifinals at the Australian Open.
- Tom Brady wonders why Trump friendship is 'such a big deal'
BOSTON (AP) — New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has opened up a bit on his friendship with President Donald Trump.
- Kerr calls some players' All-Star votes a 'mockery'
MIAMI (AP) — Golden State coach Steve Kerr wishes players had taken their voting for the NBA All-Star Game more seriously, calling it a "mockery" after nearly 300 players in the league wound up on at least one ballot.
- APNewsBreak: Spring training to be shortened slightly in '18
NEW YORK (AP) — For everyone who thinks spring training is too long, help is on the way — a little, anyway.
- Erin Andrews reveals she had surgery for cervical cancer
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Erin Andrews has revealed that she battled cervical cancer during the NFL season.