- Senate GOP unveils 'Obamacare' overhaul, but not all aboard
WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Republicans launched their plan for shriveling Barack Obama's health care law Thursday, edging a step closer to their dream of repeal with a bill that would slice and reshape Medicaid for the poor, relax rules on insurers and end tax increases on higher earners that have helped finance expanded coverage for millions.
- Detroit judge halts deportation of Iraqi Christians
DETROIT (AP) — A judge has temporarily halted the deportation of more than 100 Iraqi Christians living in the Detroit area who fear torture and possible death if sent back to Iraq.
- No tapes after all: Trump says he didn't record Comey talks
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump declared Thursday he never made and doesn't have recordings of his private conversations with ousted former FBI Director James Comey, ending a month-long guessing game that he started with a cryptic tweet and that ensnared his administration in yet more controversy.
- Brexit: May offers hope for EU citizens, wins guarded praise
BRUSSELS (AP) — British Prime Minister Theresa May promised Thursday that EU citizens will not be immediately kicked out of Britain when it leaves the union and says their fate will be a top priority in Brexit negotiations — prompting guarded praise from other EU leaders at a tense time for the continent.
- Stabbing suspect was caretaker, studied insurance sales
DETROIT (AP) — The Canadian man charged with stabbing a police officer at the Flint airport in a possible act of terrorism was a part-time caretaker at the Montreal apartment building where he lived and had once studied to sell insurance, a landlord and an insurance company spokesman said Thursday.
- The Latest: It's Jayson Tatum to Celtics at No. 3 in draft
NEW YORK (AP) — The Latest on Thursday night's NBA draft (all times local):
- 76ers put future of The Process in No. 1 pick Fultz's hands
CAMDEN, N.J. (AP) — The Philadelphia 76ers have put The Process in the hands of Washington guard Markelle Fultz.
- AP Sources: Bulls trade Butler to Timberwolves
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The long-anticipated reunion between Jimmy Butler and Tom Thibodeau is on.
- AP source: Raiders QB Derek Carr agrees to $125M extension
ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) — Raiders quarterback Derek Carr finalized a five-year contract extension Thursday that will keep him with the team through the 2022 season.
- AP source: Jeter doesn't have money needed to buy Marlins
MIAMI (AP) — Derek Jeter told Major League Baseball on Thursday he doesn't yet have the necessary money to buy the Miami Marlins and is still seeking help from other investors, a person familiar with the negotiations said.