- Nations search for 10 missing after US destroyer collision
SINGAPORE (AP) — Vessels from several nations are searching Southeast Asian waters for 10 missing U.S. sailors after an early morning collision Monday between the USS John S. McCain and an oil tanker ripped a gaping hole in the destroyer's hull.
- Barcelona attack driver still at large, identity confirmed
BARCELONA, Spain (AP) — Spanish authorities confirmed on Monday the identity of the driver of the deadly van attack in Barcelona and said that he is the last member of the 12-man Islamic extremist cell still at large.
- Trump to outline Afghan strategy in national TV address
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump will use a nationally televised address to outline for a war-weary nation the strategy he believes will best position the U.S. to eventually declare victory in Afghanistan after 16 years of combat and lives lost.
- US and S. Korean troops start drills amid N. Korea standoff
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — U.S. and South Korean troops kicked off their annual drills Monday that come after President Donald Trump and North Korea exchanged warlike rhetoric in the wake of the North's two intercontinental ballistic missile tests last month.
- Americans stake out prime viewing spots to see sun go dark
Americans with telescopes, cameras and protective glasses staked out viewing spots along a narrow corridor from Oregon to South Carolina to watch the moon blot out the midday sun Monday in what promised to be the most observed and photographed eclipse in history.
- Boldin abruptly retires 2 weeks after signing with Bills
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — Receiver Anquan Boldin is abruptly giving up on football to pursue his humanitarian and charitable work just under two weeks after signing with the Buffalo Bills.
- Bell powers Pirates past Cards 6-3 in Little League Classic
WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. (AP) — Despite spending the afternoon with 12-year-old Little Leaguers who idolize pros like himself, Josh Bell didn't find himself dispensing much advice.
- No hits till 6th: Verlander, Tigers top Maeda, Dodgers 6-1
DETROIT (AP) — Justin Verlander approached this start like a postseason game, fully aware of how tough the Los Angeles Dodgers are to beat right now.
- US beats Europe in Solheim Cup 16 1/2-11 1/2 in Iowa
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Four years ago, Team Europe celebrated the most decisive win in Solheim Cup history — on American soil, no less.
- Bullpens looming large again for this year's postseason
Around this time last year, the Cleveland Indians were providing a preview of the American League postseason.