- Senate GOP releases bill to cut Medicaid, alter 'Obamacare'
WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Republicans released their long-awaited bill Thursday to dismantle much of Barack Obama's health care law, proposing to cut Medicaid for low-income Americans and erase tax boosts that Obama imposed on high-earners and medical companies to finance his expansion of coverage.
- Trump's tease of possible Comey tapes fits familiar pattern
WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump said he had a secret.
- Trump disputes Russian interference in 2016 election
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump appeared to cast doubt on the assessment of 17 U.S. intelligence agencies that blame Russia for election meddling, questioning Thursday why the Obama administration didn't try to stop it.
- In Yemen's secret prisons, UAE tortures and US interrogates
MUKALLA, Yemen (AP) — Hundreds of men swept up in the hunt for al-Qaida militants have disappeared into a secret network of prisons in southern Yemen where abuse is routine and torture extreme — including the "grill," in which the victim is tied to a spit like a roast and spun in a circle of fire, an Associated Press investigation has found.
- A weakening Cindy heads inland, spreading rain far and wide
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Tropical Depression Cindy crept northward across Louisiana toward Arkansas after churning ashore as a tropical storm early Thursday, weakening steadily but still spreading heavy rain and thunderstorms over hundreds of miles of territory from east Texas through a broad swath of the Southeast.
- Who's No. 3? NBA draft intrigue begins after Fultz, Ball
NEW YORK (AP) — Markelle Fultz is still expected to be the No. 1 pick, though the destination has changed.
- AP source: Raiders QB Derek Carr agrees to $125M extension
ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) — Raiders quarterback Derek Carr finalized a five-year contract extension Thursday that will keep him with the team through the 2022 season.
- Expansion Vegas loads up on D-men, could make more trades
George McPhee secured a king's ransom to avoid selecting certain players in the Vegas Golden Knights' expansion draft , and he's not done dealing.
- A strong field at Hartford, a record at stake on LPGA Tour
As the scores kept going lower and lower at Erin Hills, more than one observer suggested the U.S. Open looked more like the Travelers Championship.
- Edmonton's Connor McDavid wins first Hart Trophy as NHL MVP
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Connor McDavid won his first Hart Trophy. Hardly anybody in hockey believes it will be his last.