- Trump replaces 90-day ban with new travel restrictions
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump has signed a proclamation imposing strict new restrictions on travelers from a handful of countries, including five that were covered by his expiring travel ban. Administration officials say the new measures are required to keep the nation safe.
- The Latest: Mideast airlines say they're aware of travel ban
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on President Donald Trump's travel ban (all times local):
- 'Too many people': Refugee influx worries Bangladesh town
COX'S BAZAR, Bangladesh (AP) — On the miles-long beach that makes this Bangladesh's top tourist destination, thousands of people picnic and splash in the water. There are balloons and cotton candy for the kids, fried snacks and tender coconuts for the rest. Families sit under umbrellas. Young couples find quiet moments.
- Health care bill teeters, GOP adds money to woo dissidents
WASHINGTON (AP) — Top Republicans are adding money to their staggering effort to repeal the Obama health care law and say they're pushing toward a climactic Senate faceoff this week. Yet their path to succeeding in their last-gasp effort has grown narrower, perhaps impossible.
- Iraqi Kurds vote in referendum on independence from Baghdad
IRBIL, Iraq (AP) — Iraqi Kurds were casting ballots on Monday in Iraq's Kurdish region and disputed territories on whether to support independence from Baghdad in a historic but non-binding vote that has raised regional tensions and fears of instability.
- Don't talk about mom: NFL players angry over Trump's insult
President Donald Trump probably didn't realize he'd struck such a nerve with NFL players when he implored team owners to "get that son of a bitch off the field" for protesting during the national anthem.
- More than 200 NFL players sit or kneel during anthem
The Associated Press observed more than 200 players around the NFL kneeling or sitting during the national anthem on Sunday.
- NBA media days certain to have plenty of Trump talk
The most retweeted post ever sent by LeBron James before this weekend was one in 2013 in response to the incessant who's-better debate about him and Michael Jordan.
- Wade to AP: Weighing options after agreeing to Bulls' buyout
MIAMI (AP) — Dwyane Wade is about to become a free agent, and he's hoping that doesn't last for long.
- Role play: Opportunities available after busy NBA offseason
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Several NBA stars changed addresses during the offseason, creating opportunities for players to step into bigger roles on several rosters