- Islamic State suicide bomber kills 57 in Afghan capital
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — An Islamic State suicide bomber carried out an attack at a voter registration center in the capital Kabul on Sunday, killing 57 people and wounding more than 100 others, said officials form the Afghan interior and public health ministries.
- 4 dead in Nashville Waffle House shooting; suspect sought
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A man wearing nothing but a coat stormed a Waffle House restaurant in Tennessee before dawn Sunday and shot four people to death, according to police, who credited a customer with saving lives by wresting a weapon away from the gunman.
- Syrian military pummels IS-held districts in Damascus
BEIRUT (AP) — Syrian government forces used warplanes, helicopters and artillery on Sunday to pound districts of the capital held by the Islamic State group, in a bid to enforce an evacuation deal reached with the militants earlier in the week.
- A surge of protest unlike any in decades, but why now?
She was the face of mass protest, but long ago lost her faith in protesting.
- Trump wrongly claims NKorea has agreed to 'denuclearization'
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — President Donald Trump is wrongly claiming North Korea has agreed to "denuclearization" before his potential meeting with Kim Jong Un.
- A's lefty Manaea pitches no-hitter vs streaking Red Sox
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Sean Manaea might've been the only person at the Oakland Coliseum who didn't realize he was still working on a no-hitter.
- High-scoring Lightning showing they play defense, too
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — The highest-scoring team in the NHL is playing a stingy brand of defense in the playoffs.
- Wolves top Rockets 121-105 in Game 3, cut series lead to 2-1
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Minnesota's slow-to-develop, up-and-down defense has finally started to shine, against this high-octane Houston team no less.
- Rubio's triple-double leads Jazz past Thunder 115-102
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Ricky Rubio waited seven years for a night like this.
- LEADING OFF: Farquhar status, Yanks add top prospect Torres
A look at what's happening around the majors today: