- Draft DHS guidelines seek to aggressively detain immigrants
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Homeland Security Department has drafted sweeping new guidelines aimed at aggressively detaining and deporting immigrants living in the U.S. illegally, according to a pair of memoranda signed by DHS Secretary John Kelly.
- Trump steps up security aide search, focuses on health care
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — President Donald Trump brought more contenders for national security adviser to his Palm Beach club for in-person interviews Sunday, hoping to fill the job in the coming days as he seeks to refocus his young administration.
- Trump says remark about Sweden referred to something on TV
HELSINKI (AP) — Swedes have been scratching their heads and ridiculing President Donald Trump's remarks that suggested a major incident had happened in the Scandinavian country. The American president now says he was referring to something he saw on television.
- Iraqi forces launch offensive to drive IS from western Mosul
HAMAM AL-ALIL, Iraq (AP) — U.S.-backed Iraqi forces launched a major air-and-ground offensive Sunday to retake western Mosul from Islamic State militants and drive the extremist group from its last major urban bastion in Iraq.
- As Trump makes foreign moves, Tillerson avoids the spotlight
WASHINGTON (AP) — When North Korea fired a ballistic missile into waters between South Korea and Japan, President Donald Trump moved quickly to show U.S. resolve. He appeared within hours alongside visiting Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and said the U.S. "stands behind Japan, its great ally, 100 percent."
- Elliott nips Earnhardt to win 2nd straight Daytona 500 pole
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — It's impossible to tell the history of NASCAR without mentioning Elliott and Earnhardt.
- Logano takes advantage of late crash, wins Clash at Daytona
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — The real clash at Daytona came when Denny Hamlin and Brad Keselowski wrecked on the final lap.
- Johnson pulls away to 5-shot lead at Genesis Open
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Dustin Johnson is one round away from reaching No. 1 in the world.
- Clark: Comments "unprofessional" on Betances arbitration
PHOENIX (AP) — Baseball union chief Tony Clark called the public comments surrounding the salary arbitration hearing involving Yankees reliever Dellin Betances "unprecedented" and "unprofessional."
- Tatar, Vanek lead Red Wings past Penguins
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Admittedly not where they want to be in the standings, the Detroit Red Wings still have plenty of fight left.