- Trump asserts all agree he has 'complete power' to pardon
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump said Saturday that he has "complete power" to issue pardons, an assertion that comes amid investigations into Russian interference in last year's presidential election. It was one of many topics that appeared to occupy the president's mind as the day broke.
- Democrats herald agreement on sweeping Russia sanctions bill
WASHINGTON (AP) — Congressional Republicans and Democrats announced Saturday they had reached an agreement on a sweeping Russia sanctions package to punish Moscow for meddling in the presidential election and its military aggression in Ukraine and Syria.
- Princes William, Harry remember their final call with Diana
LONDON (AP) — It was a typical phone call between two boys playing and their mother, who was on vacation in France. It was brief — the boys wanted to get back to playing with their cousins, not spend time on the phone chatting.
- Trump: USS Ford is '100,000-ton message to the world'
NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — With praise and a blessing for the military, President Donald Trump helped hand over the USS Gerald R. Ford to the Navy on Saturday and said the state-of-the-art aircraft carrier will send a "100,000-ton message to the world" about America's military might when it is ultimately deployed.
- Strong aftershocks test nerves on Greek island after quake
KOS, Greece (AP) — Crews of experts began examining the damage to cultural monuments and infrastructure on the eastern Greek island of Kos on Saturday, a day after a powerful earthquake killed two tourists and injured nearly 500 others in the Aegean Sea region that stretches to Turkey's sprawling coast.
- Spieth 1 round away from 3rd leg of Grand Slam
SOUTHPORT, England (AP) — Jordan Spieth is one round away from the third leg of the career Grand Slam, and one year removed from a reminder that it won't be easy.
- Grace sets major championship record with 62 at British Open
SOUTHPORT, England (AP) — Branden Grace posted the lowest 18-hole score in 157 years and 422 major championships, and he didn't even know it.
- Bryant gallops home, Cubs rally in 8th, edge Cardinals 3-2
CHICAGO (AP) — Kris Bryant wasn't going to let a sprained pinkie and a broken bat hold him back.
- Kyle Busch's closing qualifying flurry lands Indy pole
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Less than an hour after watching one winning streak end Saturday, Kyle Busch started working on another.
- Earnhardt backs wife, blames himself for 'Clash' debate
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Dale Earnhardt Jr. made his own statement Saturday.