- Promises, pomp and protests as Trump sworn in
WASHINGTON (AP) — Pledging to empower America's "forgotten men and women," Donald Trump was sworn in as the 45th president of the United States Friday, taking command of a deeply divided nation and ushering in an unpredictable era in Washington. His victory gives Republicans control of the White House for the first time in eight years.
- Analysis: Trump speech shows America getting what it ordered
WASHINGTON (AP) — America is getting what it ordered on Election Day.
- Confrontation near parade route escalates, pepper spray used
WASHINGTON (AP) — Protesters registered their rage against the new president Friday in a chaotic confrontation with police who used pepper spray and stun grenades in a melee just blocks from Donald Trump's inaugural parade route. Scores were arrested for trashing property and attacking officers.
- FACT CHECK: Trump starts on familiar note: with exaggeration
WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump's inaugural address held familiar echoes of the campaign speeches that led to his presidential win: downbeat about the state of the nation, to the point of hyperbole. A look at some of his assertions Friday:
- With hopes and fears, a divided America watches inauguration
ADRIAN, Mich. (AP) — In living rooms, cafes and offices, people across America watched Donald Trump become the nation's 45th president on Friday, with many eagerly anticipating the historic transition and others deeply fearing it.
- Falcons don't belong in such elite company? Guess again.
If you're wondering what the Falcons are doing in the NFL's version of the Final Four with the Patriots, Steelers and Packers, you aren't alone.
- Las Vegas teen charged as adult in football player slaying
LAS VEGAS (AP) — A 17-year-old suspected of shooting and killing a Missouri State University football player during a fight involving their sisters in Las Vegas has been charged as an adult with murder.
- Matchups for the NFC championship game
Matchups for the NFC championship game Sunday between the Green Bay Packers and Atlanta Falcons:
- Matchups for the AFC championship game
Matchups for the AFC championship game Sunday between the Pittsburgh Steelers and New England Patriots:
- Power 5 conferences vote to stop spring practices off campus
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Any coaches wanting to follow Jim Harbaugh's lead and take a team off-campus just for practice to build their brand name and boost recruiting likely have missed that opportunity.