- Tillerson seeks Arab help in US effort to isolate Iran
DOHA, Qatar (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson took the Trump administration's case for isolating and containing Iran in the Middle East and beyond to two Gulf Arab nations on Sunday, pushing for Saudi Arabia and Iraq to unite to counter growing Iranian assertiveness. He also called for a quick resolution to the ongoing crisis between Qatar and its Arab neighbors, which he said was unintentionally bolstering Iran.
- Malta: Newspapers, citizens take up slain reporter's message
VALLETTA, Malta (AP) — Several thousand Maltese citizens rallied Sunday to honor an investigative journalist killed by a car bomb, but the prime minister and opposition leader who were chief targets of Daphne Caruana Galizia's reporting stayed away from the gathering.
- Dramatic sentencing hearing expected in Bergdahl case
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — The fate of Bowe Bergdahl — the Army sergeant who pleaded guilty to endangering his comrades by leaving his post in 2009 in Afghanistan — now rests in the hands of a judge.
- Japanese Prime Minister Abe heads to impressive election win
TOKYO (AP) — Japan's ruling coalition appeared headed to an impressive win in national elections on Sunday, in what would represent an endorsement for Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's nearly five-year leadership.
- US-backed forces take Syria's largest oil field from IS
BEIRUT (AP) — U.S.-backed fighters captured Syria's largest oil field from the Islamic State group Sunday, marking a major advance against the extremists in an area coveted by pro-government forces.
- Latest from NFL: Kickers take center stage at early games
The Latest from week 7 of the NFL regular season (all times Eastern):
- AP Top 25: Notre Dame cracks top 10; Michigan drops out
Notre Dame cracked the top 10 of The Associated Press college football poll for the first time this season, coming in at No. 9, and Michigan fell out of the rankings for the first time in two years.
- Goff leads Rams to shutout with Cardinals' Palmer injured
LONDON (AP) — The Los Angeles Rams will finally have something to celebrate on their long flight home.
- Jackson's 2 defensive TDs lead Bears past Panthers 17-3
CHICAGO (AP) — Rookie safety Eddie Jackson became the first NFL player to score multiple defensive touchdowns of 75 yards or more in a game, leading the Chicago Bears to a 17-3 victory over the Carolina Panthers on Sunday.
- Hot World Series on deck: Altuve, Astros vs Kershaw, Dodgers
Big-time aces Clayton Kershaw and Justin Verlander. Playoff boppers Jose Altuve and Justin Turner.