- Trump tries to calm tensions after Lewis squabble
NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Trump spoke of national unity to a son of Martin Luther King Jr., seeking to ease friction over the president-elect's squabble with Rep. John Lewis, a protege of the slain civil rights leader.
- Trump's America: Families differ as Reagan country changes
WESTMINSTER, Calif. (AP) — The week after Donald Trump was elected president, Dr. Mai-Phuong Nguyen and two dozen other Vietnamese-Americans active in liberal causes gathered in a circle of folding chairs, consoling one another about an America almost beyond comprehension.
- Trump's America: Switching sides in struggling Pa. county
PLYMOUTH, Pa. (AP) — Towns along the Susquehanna River are filled with people whose grandparents worked in coal mines, garment factories and small manufacturing companies. But those jobs are long gone in Luzerne County, and Wilkes-Barre, the county seat, has seen its population drop by more than half. Dozens of public officials have fallen to scandal.
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- MH370 hunt ends, maybe forever, after nearly 3 years, $160M
SYDNEY (AP) — The nearly three-year search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 ended Tuesday, possibly forever — not because investigators have run out of leads, but because the countries involved in the expensive and vast deep-sea hunt have shown no appetite for opening another big phase.
- Warriors rout defending champion Cavaliers 126-91 in rematch
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Now, everybody can sit back for a few months and envision the possibility of another scintillating NBA Finals between Cleveland and Golden State.
- Steelers downplay Tomlin's vulgar description of Patriots
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Antonio Brown wanted to let the world in on the party when he live-streamed the giddy celebration in Pittsburgh's locker room after an 18-16 playoff win over Kansas City.
- No. 9 UNC tops Syracuse 85-68 for Williams' 800th career win
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina coach Roy Williams stood at midcourt, looking to the Smith Center rafters to watch video messages from former players congratulating him on his 800th win.
- Green fouls LeBron, appears to mock him for flopping
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Draymond Green and LeBron James went at it again in the first half of the Cavaliers' visit to Golden State on Monday.
- Paul hurt, but Clippers trounce Thunder to go 7-0 in 2017
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The last time Chris Paul went down with an injury, the Los Angeles Clippers went into a tailspin.