- Lawyer says Trump administration moved to squelch testimony
WASHINGTON (AP) — A lawyer for former deputy Attorney General Sally Yates wrote in letters last week that the Trump administration was trying to limit her testimony at congressional hearings focused on Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election. The hearing was later canceled by the House intelligence committee chairman.
- Trump to unravel Obama's anti-global warming projects
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is expected to sign an executive order Tuesday aimed at moving forward on his campaign pledge to unravel former President Barack Obama's plan to curb global warming.
- A look at how Trump's moves on coal will affect the industry
BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) — President Donald Trump's move to roll back Obama-era regulations aimed at curbing climate change comes as the coal industry is reeling from bankruptcies, pollution restrictions and growing competition from natural gas, wind and solar.
- Ryan says House to revisit health care, offers no details
WASHINGTON (AP) — Speaker Paul Ryan said Tuesday he's going to give battered House Republicans another crack at a health care overhaul. But he offered no timeline, and leaders haven't resolved how to overcome the deep GOP divisions that crumpled their legislation last week in a humiliating retreat for themselves and President Donald Trump.
- Amnesty: US-led coalition not protecting Mosul civilians
BAGHDAD (AP) — A recent spike in civilian casualties in Mosul suggests the U.S.-led coalition is not taking adequate precautions as it helps Iraqi forces battle the Islamic State group, Amnesty International said Tuesday.
- Frank Mason of Kansas unanimous pick for AP All-America team
Frank Mason III was a last-minute recruit for Kansas. He turned into the Jayhawks' latest All-American.
- NFL players push lawmakers on criminal justice reform
WASHINGTON (AP) — Football is hard.
- Star gymnasts testify at Congress about sex-abuse scandal
WASHINGTON (AP) — Three retired star gymnasts have told a Senate committee of being sexually abused by USA Gymnastics officials.
- FIFA bans Lionel Messi for 4 World Cup qualifying games
GENEVA (AP) — Lionel Messi is banned from Argentina's next four World Cup qualifying games, dealing a blow to a campaign by the 2014 runner-up that has stuttered without him.
- Suspended Noah: using supplement to aid injuries 'backfired'
GREENBURGH, N.Y. (AP) — Joakim Noah says he is sorry for a positive drug test that has ended his injury-plagued first season with the New York Knicks.