- AP analysis shows how gerrymandering benefited GOP in 2016
The 2016 presidential contest was awash with charges that the fix was in: Republican Donald Trump repeatedly claimed that the election was rigged against him, while Democrats have accused the Russians of stacking the odds in Trump's favor.
- 9 bodies found after landslide buries scores in China
MAO COUNTY, China (AP) — Chinese crews have recovered nine bodies and are still searching for 109 others about 30 hours after a massive landslide buried a picturesque mountain village in the southwestern province of Sichuan.
- Koch chief says health care bill insufficiently conservative
COLORADO SPRING, Colo. (AP) — Chief lieutenants in the Koch brothers' political network lashed out at the Senate Republican health care bill on Saturday as not conservative enough, becoming a powerful outside critic as GOP leaders try to rally support for their plan among rank-and-file Republicans.
- Overturned oil tanker explodes in Pakistan, killing 120
MULTAN, Pakistan (AP) — An overturned oil tanker burst into flames in Pakistan on Sunday, killing more than 120 people who had rushed to the scene of the highway accident to gather leaking fuel, an official said.
- UK finds 34 high-rise apartment buildings with unsafe siding
LONDON (AP) — Britain's fire-safety crisis expanded substantially Saturday as authorities said 34 high-rise apartment blocks across the country had cladding that failed fire safety tests. London officials scrambled to evacuate four public housing towers after experts found them "not safe for people to sleep in overnight."
- Sonnen tops Silva in unanimous decision at Bellator in NYC
NEW YORK (AP) — Chael Sonnen took out one MMA legend, called out another, then unloaded his misery about fighting at Madison Square Garden.
- LEADING OFF: Old-Timers' Day at Yankee Stadium, Barreto pop
A look at what's happening all around the majors today:
- Worth the wait: Bibens-Dirkx pitches Rangers past Yanks 8-1
NEW YORK (AP) — A dozen years of minor league bus rides paid off with a day in the sun at Yankee Stadium for Austin Bibens-Dirkx.
- Faedo fabulous again, Florida beats TCU to go to CWS finals
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Alex Faedo dominated TCU for a second straight time, and now he and his Florida Gators teammates will face a familiar opponent in the College World Series finals.
- LSU beats Oregon State 6-1 to reach CWS finals
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Nothing LSU encounters in the College World Series championship series will be any more daunting than the task the Tigers had to complete to get there.