- More clemency coming after Obama shortens Manning's sentence
WASHINGTON (AP) — Embracing his clemency powers like never before, President Barack Obama is planning more commutations in his final days in office after a dramatic move to cut short convicted leaker Chelsea Manning's sentence.
- Inaugural speech is Trump's time to rise to the moment
WASHINGTON (AP) — Tradition suggests it's time for Donald Trump to set aside the say-anything speaking style and rise to the inaugural moment.
- Iraq military: Troops have 'full control' of eastern Mosul
BAGHDAD (AP) — U.S.-backed Iraqi government troops announced on Wednesday they were in "full control" of eastern Mosul after routing Islamic State militants from that part of the northern city, three months since the major operation started.
- George H.W. Bush hospitalized for shortness of breath
HOUSTON (AP) — Former President George H.W. Bush was taken to the hospital over the weekend for shortness of breath and the 92-year-old is responding well to treatments, his spokesman said Wednesday.
- Pointed questions await Trump's pick for health secretary
WASHINGTON (AP) — With coverage for millions of people at stake, Rep. Tom Price is facing pointed questions about President-elect Donald Trump's health policies — and his own investments in health care companies — from senators considering his selection as health secretary.
- Oregon strength coach suspended after players hospitalized
The University of Oregon suspended football strength and conditioning coach Irele Oderinde one month without pay after three players were hospitalized following a series of intense workouts last week.
- Cloud of steroids hovers above Hall of Fame voting
NEW YORK (AP) — The cloud of steroids hovers above Hall of Fame voting, much as it shrouded baseball in the 1990s and early 2000s.
- Tomlin: Brown 'foolish' to livestream postgame locker room
PITTSBURGH (AP) — The father in Mike Tomlin regrets the language he used to describe the New England Patriots during the postgame speech Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown opted to livestream on social media after a taut playoff victory over Kansas City.
- Topsy-turvy: Seppi posts comeback win over Kyrgios
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — The audacious between-the-legs shot by Nick Kyrgios. His missed match point. The nerveless break when Andreas Seppi was serving for a second-round upset win.
- Nathan Chen leads the way at US figure skating championships
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) â The pain in his hip is gone. All that's left is a surgical screw and a scar.