- Failure on health bill also hurts prospects for tax overhaul
WASHINGTON (AP) — House Republicans' failure to repeal Barack Obama's health care law deals a serious blow to another big part of President Donald Trump's agenda: tax reform.
- Many governors welcome demise of GOP health care bill
CHERRY HILL, N.J. (AP) — Governors of both parties had warned Congress for weeks that the Republican health care bill threatened to saddle their states with big costs and potentially leave millions of people without coverage, especially because of the cutbacks planned to Medicaid.
- Analysis: The outsider dealmaker faltering in White House
WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump campaigned as an outsider — celebrating his lack of political experience by selling himself as a dealmaker willing to buck Republican orthodoxy and his own party's leadership. He alone would reshape Washington.
- Gorsuch hearings show him as careful, folksy, testy at times
WASHINGTON (AP) — Nominees appearing before the Senate all have one goal in mind: Win confirmation. And when one party controls the Senate and the White House, the strategy of saying as little as possible doesn't vary much. But because Supreme Court nominees spend several long days in televised hearings, they still manage to reveal a few things about themselves, professionally and personally.
- AP FACT CHECK: The week when Trump's wiretap accusation died
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's accusation that his predecessor ordered snooping of his communications has fallen apart, slapped down by the FBI chief and again by the Republican leading the House intelligence committee, a Trump ally. The president gave up on arguing that Barack Obama tapped his phones, and he doesn't give up on anything easily.
- Elite! Chiozza hits 3 at OT buzzer, Gators beat Wisconsin
NEW YORK (AP) — With 4 seconds left in overtime, Chris Chiozza took off with the ball, hoping to get to the hoop or find an open man. Instead, the Florida point guard stopped short right at the 3-point line and let fly with a shot that will go down in Gators' history.
- TIPPING OFF: Kansas, Gonzaga, Oregon, Xavier eye Final Four
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — It's finally time to award the first spots in the Final Four.
- Elite 8-bound: Kentucky beats UCLA 86-75 in South semifinal
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — De'Aaron Fox credits some sticky Kentucky defense for the Wildcats' latest berth in a regional final.
- Narrow trail is the path to glory at US Alpine Championships
CARRABASSETT VALLEY, Maine (AP) — To the casual skier, Sugarloaf's storied Narrow Gauge Trail doesn't seem so cramped or crazy. But that changes when it's prepared for competition and skiers are reaching highway speeds.
- SEC, yes the football power, has 3 teams in Elite 8
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — The chant "S-E-C" so well known around football across the South is coming to the Elite Eight.