- Motive elusive after van driver kills 10 on Toronto sidewalk
TORONTO (AP) — Police in Canada's biggest city are piecing together witness accounts and surveillance video trying to determine why a driver plowed a rented van along a crowded sidewalk, killing 10 people and injuring 15 in what many said seemed a deliberate attack.
- Car theft solved too late to prevent Waffle House tragedy
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — After Travis Reinking allegedly stole a BMW from a Nashville area car dealer last week, police say they found it outside the apartment where he lived.
- Spokesman: George HW Bush is eager to get well, go to Maine
HOUSTON (AP) — Former President George H.W. Bush has been hospitalized in Houston with an infection, just after attending the funeral of his wife, Barbara, a spokesman said.
- Michigan State kept ties to coach accused of sexual abuse
CHICAGO (AP) — Michigan State University, already reeling from the scandal involving a gymnastics doctor who molested young athletes, has maintained ties to a prominent volleyball coach for decades after he was publicly accused in 1995 of sexually abusing and raping six underage girls he trained in the 1980s.
- Ahead of summits, US tones down its war games with S. Korea
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Spring on the Korean Peninsula is normally the season of D-Day-style beach landings with big guns thumping in the distance and skies crisscrossed by the contrails of fighter aircraft.
- Harden, Rockets soar past Wolves 119-100 with 50-point 3rd
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Though James Harden and most of the Houston Rockets were misfiring throughout the first half, their confidence never wavered.
- Mitchell scores 33, Jazz rout Thunder 113-96
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Donovan Mitchell scored 33 points and collected seven rebounds to lead the Utah Jazz to a 113-96 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Monday night.
- Capitals advance with 6-3 win over Blue Jackets in Game 6
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The Washington Capitals can now turn their attention to the Pittsburgh Penguins and avenging some playoff disappointments.
- Andersen helps Maple Leafs beat Bruins 3-1 to force Game 7
TORONTO (AP) — The Toronto Maple Leafs won this one for their city.
- White Sox RHP Farquhar 'progressing well' after surgery
CHICAGO (AP) — White Sox reliever Danny Farquhar is talking to his doctors and family after surgery over the weekend to address a ruptured aneurysm that occurred during Friday night's game against Houston.