- Lawyer says Trump administration moved to squelch testimony
WASHINGTON (AP) — A lawyer for former deputy Attorney General Sally Yates wrote in letters last week that the Trump administration was trying to limit her testimony at congressional hearings focused on Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election. The hearing was later canceled by the House intelligence committee chairman.
- Russian Manafort client: Willing to speak to Congress
WASHINGTON (AP) — A Russian billionaire close to President Vladimir Putin said Tuesday he is willing to take part in U.S. congressional hearings to discuss his past business relationship with President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort.
- Trump tosses Obama's 'clean' energy plan, embraces coal
WASHINGTON (AP) — Declaring "the start of a new era" in energy production, President Donald Trump signed an executive order Tuesday that he said would revive the coal industry and create jobs.
- A look at how Trump's moves on coal will affect the industry
BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) — President Donald Trump's move to roll back Obama-era regulations aimed at curbing climate change comes as the coal industry is reeling from job losses, bankruptcies, pollution restrictions and growing competition from natural gas, wind and solar.
- Amnesty: US-led coalition not protecting Mosul civilians
BAGHDAD (AP) — A recent spike in civilian casualties in Mosul suggests the U.S.-led coalition is not taking adequate precautions as it helps Iraqi forces battle the Islamic State group, Amnesty International said Tuesday.
- Owners revamp video replay for officiating
PHOENIX (AP) — One day after approving the Oakland Raiders' move to Las Vegas, NFL owners got busy passing several rules changes and adopting resolutions they believe will speed up the game and enhance player safety.
- Frank Mason of Kansas unanimous pick for AP All-America team
Frank Mason III was a last-minute recruit for Kansas. He turned into the Jayhawks' latest All-American.
- Star gymnasts testify at Congress about sex-abuse scandal
WASHINGTON (AP) — Retired star gymnasts testified before Congress on Tuesday that they were sexually abused by a former USA Gymnastics doctor and recommended a bill that requires tougher sex-abuse reporting for Olympic sports.
- FIFA bans Lionel Messi for 4 World Cup qualifying games
GENEVA (AP) — Lionel Messi is banned from Argentina's next four World Cup qualifying games, dealing a blow to a campaign by the 2014 runner-up that has stuttered without him.
- Nationals: Trump declined invite for opening day 1st pitch
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Washington Nationals say President Donald Trump has declined an invitation to throw out the ceremonial first pitch before their game on opening day.