- Trump's America: Families differ as Reagan country changes
WESTMINSTER, Calif. (AP) — The week after Donald Trump was elected president, Dr. Mai-Phuong Nguyen and two dozen other Vietnamese-Americans active in liberal causes gathered in a circle of folding chairs, consoling one another about an America almost beyond comprehension.
- Trump's America: Switching sides in struggling Pa. county
PLYMOUTH, Pa. (AP) — Towns along the Susquehanna River are filled with people whose grandparents worked in coal mines, garment factories and small manufacturing companies. But those jobs are long gone in Luzerne County, and Wilkes-Barre, the county seat, has seen its population drop by more than half. Dozens of public officials have fallen to scandal.
- Putin: Obama's govt is working hard to undermine Trump
MOSCOW (AP) — In a biting attack, Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday accused the outgoing U.S. administration of trying to undermine President-elect Donald Trump by spreading fake allegations and said those who are doing it are "worse than prostitutes."
- Markets cheer, EU wary as UK PM May signals 'clean Brexit'
LONDON (AP) — Britain's future outside the European Union became much clearer Tuesday: It's so long to the single market, goodbye to the European Court of Justice and farewell to the freedom of movement for workers.
- MH370 hunt ends, maybe forever, after nearly 3 years, $160M
SYDNEY (AP) — The nearly three-year search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 ended Tuesday, possibly forever — not because investigators have run out of leads, but because the countries involved in the expensive and vast deep-sea hunt have shown no appetite for opening another big phase.
- Tomlin: Brown "foolish" to livestream postgame locker room
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin regrets the language he used to describe the New England Patriots but is equally upset with wide receiver Antonio Brown's for livestreaming Tomlin's postgame speech on social media .
- 6-time champs Djokovic, Williams post Australian Open wins
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — The record will show that six-time Australian Open champions Serena Williams and Novak Djokovic each had straight-set wins.
- Karlovic smacks 75 aces, sets long match mark at Aussie Open
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — As Ivo Karlovic and Horacio Zeballos struggled deep into the fifth set at the Australian Open on Tuesday night, fans rushed to distant Court 19 to watch as a record unfolded.
- Cowboys' Jerry Jones says he alone will decide Romo's future
FRISCO, Texas (AP) — Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones says he alone will decide the future of quarterback Tony Romo, and there are "several cards to be played."
- Player suicides lead to tough set of questions for coaches
NEW YORK (AP) — A suicide at Northwestern brought back painful memories for Penn track coach Steve Dolan.