- Inauguration in sight, Trump continues Twitter assault
NEW YORK (AP) — His inauguration days away, President-elect Donald Trump is continuing to lash out at critics in the intelligence community and Democrats in Congress who are vowing to skip his swearing-in ceremony.
- This time, inaugural fashion is intertwined with politics
NEW YORK (AP) — What'll she be wearing?
- DeVos to face questions over schools, conservative activism
WASHINGTON (AP) — Charter school advocate Betsy DeVos is widely expected to push for expanding school choice programs if confirmed as education secretary, prompting pushback from teachers unions. But Democrats and activists also are raising concerns about how her conservative Christian beliefs and advocacy for family values might impact minority and LGBT students.
- King Day highlights transition from Obama to Trump
ATLANTA (AP) — As Americans celebrate the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr., civil rights leaders and activists are trying to reconcile the transition from the nation's first black president to a president-elect still struggling to connect with most non-white voters.
- US official says Orlando shooter's widow has been arrested
WASHINGTON (AP) — The wife of the Orlando nightclub shooter, who was extensively questioned by federal agents in the days after the massacre, was arrested by the FBI on Monday in connection with the attack, a U.S. law enforcement official told The Associated Press.
- Villanova jumps Kansas, moves back to No. 1 in AP poll
Villanova returned to No. 1 in The Associated Press college basketball poll Monday, leapfrogging Kansas after a week out of the top spot.
- Curry, Warriors ready for another Cavs rematch
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — When the Warriors traveled to Cleveland last January after winning the 2015 NBA title by beating the Cavs, Stephen Curry had so many fond memories there he mentioned the chance of champagne smells still lingering in the visiting locker room all those months later.
- Packers-Falcons, Steelers-Patriots for Super Bowl berths
Tom Brady vs. Ben Roethlisberger. Aaron Rodgers vs. Matt Ryan.
- Americans off to quick start at Australian Open
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Shelby Rogers thoroughly dominated the No. 4 player in the world, Simona Halep. A teary-eyed CoCo Vandeweghe battled nausea to outlast another top-20 veteran, Roberta Vinci.
- Federer returns with a win, joins Murray in 2nd round
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Roger Federer shanked a few shots and was unsettled by how nervous he felt after six months on the sidelines, despite the familiar surroundings at the Australian Open.