- US-backed forces take Syria's largest oil field from IS
BEIRUT (AP) — U.S.-backed fighters captured Syria's largest oil field from the Islamic State group Sunday, marking a major advance against the extremists in an area coveted by pro-government forces.
- Japanese Prime Minister Abe heads to impressive election win
TOKYO (AP) — Japan's ruling coalition appeared headed to an impressive win in national elections on Sunday, in what would represent at least a partial comeback for Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.
- Trump voting commission criticized for lack of transparency
President Donald Trump's advisory commission on election integrity has integrity questions of its own — with some of its own members raising concerns about its openness.
- Dramatic sentencing hearing expected in Bergdahl case
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — The fate of Bowe Bergdahl — the Army sergeant who pleaded guilty to endangering his comrades by leaving his post in 2009 in Afghanistan — now rests in the hands of a judge.
- Fox renewed O'Reilly contract despite knowing of allegations
NEW YORK (AP) — The parent company of the Fox News Channel says it knew a news analyst planned to file a sexual harassment lawsuit against Bill O'Reilly when it renewed the popular personality's contract in February.
- Astros reach World Series, top Yankees 4-0 in Game 7 of ALCS
HOUSTON (AP) — Jose Altuve embraced Justin Verlander as confetti rained down. An improbable thought just a few years ago, the Houston Astros are headed to the World Series.
- Hot World Series on deck: Altuve, Astros vs Kershaw, Dodgers
Big-time aces Clayton Kershaw and Justin Verlander. Playoff boppers Jose Altuve and Justin Turner.
- Super Bowl rematch of Falcons-Patriots highlight Week 7
The best game of Week 7 in the NFL will be under the lights when the Atlanta Falcons visit the champion New England Patriots in their Super Bowl rematch.
- Perfect last-second decision for ALCS MVP Verlander, Astros
HOUSTON (AP) — That last-second decision by Justin Verlander has turned out perfectly for the Houston Astros.
- Sabathia can't save Yankees again with loss in ALCS Game 7
HOUSTON (AP) — CC Sabathia doesn't sound like he wants to be finished with the New York Yankees, even though they are done this season.