- Comey memo: Trump complained about Flynn's 'judgment issues'
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump told former FBI Director James Comey that he had serious concerns about the judgment of his first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, and Trump's chief of staff asked days later if Flynn's communications were being monitored under a secret surveillance warrant, according to memos maintained by Comey and obtained by The Associated Press.
- Raul Castro retires as Cuban president, outlines future
HAVANA (AP) — Raul Castro turned over Cuba's presidency Thursday to a 57-year-old successor he said would hold power until 2031, a plan that would place the state the Castro brothers founded and ruled for 60 years in the hands of a Communist Party official little known to most on the island.
- 10 Things to Know for Friday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Friday:
- Rudy Giuliani to join Trump legal team in Russia probe
WASHINGTON (AP) — Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, an outspoken supporter of Donald Trump since the early days of his campaign, is joining the team of lawyers representing the president in the special counsel's Russia investigation.
- Columbine, Parkland students unite for voter registration
DENVER (AP) — A planned national high school walkout for gun control on the 19th anniversary of the Columbine shooting Friday won't include student protests at the Colorado school that changed the way the nation viewed shootings.
- Embiid scores 23, 76ers top Heat 128-108 for 2-1 series lead
MIAMI (AP) — Joel Embiid had trouble with his new mask.
- NBA mourns death of Gregg Popovich's wife, a 'real star'
SAN ANTONIO (AP) — LeBron James fought back tears. Former President Bill Clinton offered condolences. Craig Sager's daughter tweeted that she was "just sick" over the news.
- Caps top Blue Jackets 4-1 to even series at 2 games each
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Evgeny Kuznetsov had a goal and two assists, and Braden Holtby stopped 23 shots as the Washington Capitals beat the Columbus Blue Jackets 4-1 on Thursday night to even their playoff series at two games apiece.
- Bruins beat Maple Leafs 3-1 in Game 4
TORONTO (AP) — Brad Marchand scored the go-ahead goal in the second period and Tuukka Rask made 31 saves as the Boston Bruins defeated the Toronto Maple Leafs 3-1 on Thursday night to take a 3-1 lead in their first-round playoff series.
- Champ Eagles vs. Atlanta to open season, also play in London
NEW YORK (AP) — Super Bowl champion Philadelphia will host Atlanta to kick off the 2018 NFL season on Thursday night, Sept. 6.