- Trump: Not 'that far off' from passing health overhaul
WASHINGTON (AP) — Making a final push, President Donald Trump said he doesn't think congressional Republicans are "that far off" on a health overhaul to replace "the dead carcass of Obamacare" and signaled that last-minute changes were coming to win enough support for passage. GOP critics expressed doubt over a successful vote this week.
- Air bag maker Takata bankruptcy expected Monday in Japan, US
DETROIT (AP) — Drowning in a sea of lawsuits and recall costs, Japanese air bag maker Takata Corp. is expected to seek bankruptcy protection in Tokyo and the United States early Monday.
- LGBT activists prevented from assembling in Istanbul
ISTANBUL (AP) — Turkish police stopped activists for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex rights from gathering in large numbers for LGBT pride in Istanbul on Sunday, but smaller groups made impromptu press statements defying a ban imposed by the governor.
- Over 150 dead as overturned fuel truck explodes in Pakistan
BAHAWALPUR, Pakistan (AP) — Alerted by an announcement over a mosque's loudspeaker that an overturned tanker truck had sprung a leak, scores of villagers raced to the scene with fuel containers Sunday to gather the oil. Then the wreck exploded, engulfing people in flames as they screamed in terror.
- Scores missing in massive China landslide; 10 bodies found
MAO COUNTY, China (AP) — Rescuers recovered 10 bodies and were still searching for 93 missing people on Sunday, a day after a massive landslide buried a picturesque mountain village in southwestern China.
- Sonnen tops Silva in unanimous decision at Bellator in NYC
NEW YORK (AP) — Chael Sonnen took out one MMA legend, called out another, then unloaded his misery about fighting at Madison Square Garden.
- Federer beats Alexander Zverev 6-1, 6-3 for 9th Halle title
HALLE, Germany (AP) — Roger Federer defeated Germany's Alexander Zverev 6-1, 6-3 to win the Gerry Weber Open for a record ninth time on Sunday.
- Mellower now, John McEnroe wants today's players to get mad
NEW YORK (AP) — John McEnroe wants more anger in tennis.
- Burling, Team New Zealand win Race 7 in America's Cup
HAMILTON, Bermuda (AP) — Helmsman Peter Burling and Emirates Team New Zealand benefited from another mistake at the start by skipper Jimmy Spithill and Oracle Team USA to win Race 7 of the America's Cup on the Great Sound on Sunday.
- Ex-Dodgers great Maury Wills retires from broadcasting in ND
FARGO, N.D. (AP) — Former Los Angeles Dodgers great Maury Wills has retired again, this time from broadcasting.