- Trump 'demands' Justice Department investigate FBI
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump said he will "demand" that the Justice Department open an investigation into whether the FBI infiltrated his presidential campaign, an extraordinary order that came hours before his legal team said the special counsel indicated the investigation into the president could be concluded by September.
- Maduro wins Venezuela election challengers call illegitimate
CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) — Embattled socialist incumbent Nicolas Maduro won Venezuela's presidential election by a landslide in a disputed vote marred by irregularities and mass absenteeism that led his main rivals to call for a re-run to prevent a national social crisis from exploding.
- Texas mom marched after Parkland, then her town was next
SANTA FE, Texas (AP) — She stood at her bedroom door for five minutes Saturday morning trying to work up the courage to turn the knob and re-enter a world she worried would never feel safe or whole again. Then she crept down the hallway, toward the front porch where she stood the morning before to watch police cars screaming down the highway toward the high school, and imagined she'd never forget the screech of their sirens.
- Transgender people in Iran face discrimination despite fatwa
TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Nahal smokes yet another cigarette on her mother's balcony overlooking Tehran, one of the few peaceful places the 19-year-old transgender woman has in Iran, where her identity can bring harassment and prying, judging eyes on the street.
- Revolving door of despair: Drugs land more women behind bars
JACKSBORO, Tenn. (AP) — On opposite sides of the county jail, a mother and her son chat about school, girls, birthday gifts — and their future together. They aren't allowed to see each other face-to-face, so the inmate and the fifth-grader connect by video.
- Stanley Cup-bound Vegas turning impossible into possible
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Welcome to Impossible.
- Curry comes alive to score 35, Warriors rout Rockets by 41
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Stephen Curry shook, shimmied and screamed, letting his adoring fans and the Rockets know that Oracle Arena was his house.
- Native American lacrosse teams leagueless in South Dakota
Travis Brave Heart was planning to spend his senior season this spring and summer tuning up to play college lacrosse in the fall. Instead, the 17-year-old standout from Aberdeen, South Dakota, is faced with the prospect of not playing at all.
- LEADING OFF: Big Sexy vs Bronx Bombers; Harper in walk year
A look at what's happening around the majors today:
- Cleveland's bullpen blues keeping AL Central in play
Two years ago, the Cleveland bullpen led the way when the Indians overcame significant injuries in their starting rotation and won the American League pennant.