- Poll: Young Americans fear they will be worse off post-Trump
NEW YORK (AP) — As Donald Trump approaches his inauguration, young Americans have a deeply pessimistic view about his incoming administration, with young blacks, Latinos and Asian Americans particularly concerned about what's to come in the next four years.
- Putin: Obama administration trying to undermine Trump
MOSCOW (AP) — President Vladimir Putin took a parting shot at the Obama administration Tuesday, accusing it of trying to undermine Donald Trump's legitimacy with fake allegations and "binding the president-elect hand and foot to prevent him from fulfilling his election promises."
- 18M more Americans would be uninsured under 2016 GOP repeal
WASHINGTON (AP) — Insurance premiums would soar and some 18 million Americans would lose health coverage if Republicans partially repeal President Barack Obama's health care law without a replacement, Congress' nonpartisan budget office estimated Tuesday.
- Official: Nigeria mistakenly bombs camp, kills more than 100
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (AP) — A Nigerian air force fighter jet on a mission against Boko Haram extremists mistakenly bombed a refugee camp on Tuesday, killing more than 100 refugees and aid workers, a Borno state official said.
- Trump's America: Families differ as Reagan country changes
WESTMINSTER, Calif. (AP) — The week after Donald Trump was elected president, Dr. Mai-Phuong Nguyen and two dozen other Vietnamese-Americans active in liberal causes gathered in a circle of folding chairs, consoling one another about an America almost beyond comprehension.
- Tomlin: Brown "foolish" to livestream postgame locker room
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin regrets the language he used to describe the New England Patriots but is equally upset with wide receiver Antonio Brown's for livestreaming Tomlin's postgame speech on social media .
- Cowboys delay talk of Romo's future, likely knowing answer
FRISCO, Texas (AP) — Those closest to Tony Romo on the Cowboys aren't ready to discuss the future of the Dallas quarterback, probably because they know the likely final answer.
- As Knicks tumble again, Carmelo's future may be all to watch
NEW YORK (AP) — Carmelo Anthony still believes the Knicks can win and still wants to be in New York when they do.
- Islanders fire coach Jack Capuano in his seventh season
The struggling New York Islanders fired coach Jack Capuano on Tuesday, ending his tenure in the middle of its seventh season.
- 6-time champs Djokovic, Williams post Australian Open wins
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — The record will show that six-time Australian Open champions Serena Williams and Novak Djokovic each had straight-set wins.