- Trump to move on border security, immigration enforcement
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump will begin rolling out executive actions on immigration Wednesday, beginning with steps to tighten border security — including his proposed wall along the U.S.-Mexico border — and other domestic immigration enforcement measures, according to two administration officials.
- Trump dogged by insecurity over popular vote, media coverage
WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump holds the most powerful office in the world. But he's dogged by insecurity over his loss of the popular vote in the election and a persistent frustration that the legitimacy of his presidency is being challenged by Democrats and the media, aides and associates say.
- 10 Things to Know for Wednesday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Wednesday:
- Trump admin orders EPA contract freeze and media blackout
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration has instituted a media blackout at the Environmental Protection Agency and barred staff from awarding any new contracts or grants, part of a broader communications clampdown within the executive branch.
- Rebuking Obama, Trump boosts Keystone XL, Dakota pipelines
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump moved swiftly Tuesday to advance the controversial Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines, signing executive actions to aggressively overhaul America's energy policy and deal a sharp blow to Barack Obama's legacy on climate change.
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not ruling out retirement
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger isn't sure he'll be back in 2017.
- LeBron miffed with direction of slumping Cavaliers
CLEVELAND (AP) — LeBron James has alluded to flaws with Cleveland's roster all season.
- AP source: Celtics reach deal with GE to put ads on uniforms
BOSTON (AP) — A league official familiar with the deal says the Boston Celtics have reached an agreement with General Electric to put the company's logo on the team's uniform.
- Venus Williams, Federer back in the thick of a Grand Slam
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — For all their Grand Slam successes, Venus Williams and Roger Federer still find themselves surprised to be in the semifinals at the Australian Open.
- Rest over as Patriots begin Super Bowl prep for Falcons
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — Bill Belichick is on to the Atlanta Falcons.