- 100 gas tanks: Extremists in Spain planned massive attack
BARCELONA, Spain (AP) — Police put up scores of roadblocks across northeast Spain on Sunday in hopes of capturing a fugitive suspect from the 12-member Islamic extremist cell that staged two vehicle attacks and plotted much deadlier carnage using explosives favored by Islamic State militants.
- Attack victims came from around world to celebrate Barcelona
BARCELONA, Spain (AP) — The victims of attacks in Barcelona and a nearby resort came from around the world and across generations — a Canadian with an adventurous spirit, a Portuguese woman celebrating her 74th birthday, a 3-year-old Spanish boy enjoying a day out with his family.
- 1979 Klan-Nazi attack survivor hopes for a 'justice river'
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — The Rev. Nelson Johnson needs no reminders of the massacre of five of his labor-activist friends almost 40 years ago — he still has the faded scar on his left arm, left by a Nazi who stabbed him as white supremacists descended on a march for workers through black neighborhoods in Greensboro.
- Sex offenders can live next door to victims in many states
EDMOND, Okla. (AP) — A convicted sex offender who molested his niece when she was 7 years old moved in next door to his victim nearly a dozen years after he was sent to prison for the crime.
- Comedian, civil rights activist Dick Gregory dies at 84
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Dick Gregory, the comedian and activist and who broke racial barriers in the 1960s and used his humor to spread messages of social justice and nutritional health, has died. He was 84.
- MLB umpires wear wristbands to protest 'abusive' treatment
Major League Baseball umpires wore white wristbands during games Saturday, protesting "abusive player behavior" after Detroit second baseman Ian Kinsler was fined but not suspended for his recent verbal tirade against ump Angel Hernandez.
- Raisman: Scandal-marred USA Gymnastics needs sweeping change
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Aly Raisman is ready to talk about "the elephant in the room." And the six-time Olympic medal-winning gymnast thinks it's time USA Gymnastics joins in a conversation she feels is long overdue.
- Kyle Busch completes Bristol sweep with 20th win at track
BRISTOL, Tenn. (AP) — Erik Jones really needed to win, and Kyle Busch would have loved to celebrate the first Cup win for the kid he discovered.
- Marshawn Lynch sits once again during national anthem
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch once again sat during the national anthem.
- Sabathia strong in return from DL, Yankees beat Red Sox 4-3
BOSTON (AP) — Tyler Austin hit a three-run home run, Todd Frazier added a solo homer and CC Sabathia retired 13 of the first 14 batters he faced as the New York Yankees beat the Boston Red Sox 4-3 on Saturday night.