- Gov't shutdown, health bill rescue at stake in Congress
WASHINGTON (AP) — Bipartisan bargainers are making progress toward a budget deal to prevent a partial federal shutdown this weekend, a major hurdle overcome when President Donald Trump signaled he would put off his demand that the measure include money to build his border wall with Mexico.
- Voices from around the world consider Trump's first 100 days
It was the most stunning political victory of the 21st century, one that brought shocked concern in many parts of the world and cheers in others. One uncontroversial certainty was that it would cause reverberations around the globe.
- Arkansas executes 2 inmates on the same gurney, hours apart
VARNER, Ark. (AP) — After going nearly 12 years without executing an inmate, Arkansas now has executed three in a few days — including two in one night.
- Pope tells Egypt ahead of visit he comes as peace messenger
VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Francis has told the Egyptian people he is coming to Cairo this week as a friend and a "messenger of peace."
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- Warriors get a break after drama-filled opening series
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — The Warriors can breathe for a bit after a first-round series filled with drama.
- Little Big Man: Celtics' Thomas finding stride after tragedy
BOSTON (AP) — There's a cloud trailing Isaiah Thomas these days. In his basketball world, though, there's also been light. And, on occasion, even some levity.
- The old guys are coming up big so far in these playoffs
George W. Bush was early in his first term as president. Seattle was years away from losing the SuperSonics. "Arrested Development" hadn't even started airing yet.
- LEADING OFF: Hicks a hit for Tigers, Blach set for Kershaw
A look at what's happening all around the majors today:
- Rookie Guentzel making a splash for rested, ready Penguins
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Jake Guentzel was surrounded. Boxed in, really.