- N. Korean missile test fails hours after UN meeting on nukes
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — A North Korean mid-range ballistic missile apparently failed shortly after launch Saturday, South Korea and the United States said, the third test-fire flop just this month but a clear message of defiance as a U.S. supercarrier conducts drills in nearby waters.
- Trump: North Korea 'disrespected' China with missile test
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump said Friday that North Korea had "disrespected" China by attempting to launch another ballistic missile.
- Pope Francis to celebrate Mass in Cairo on 2nd day of trip
CAIRO (AP) — Pope Francis will celebrate Mass for Egypt's tiny Catholic community and meet with its priests and seminarians before returning to Rome.
- Trump tells NRA: 'You have a true friend' in White House
ATLANTA (AP) — President Donald Trump reaffirmed his support for gun rights Friday, telling attendees of a National Rifle Association convention that "the eight-year assault on your Second Amendment freedoms has come to a crashing end."
- Experts: Long road ahead for Trump offshore drilling order
President Donald Trump's executive order seeking to find new ocean expanses in the Atlantic and the Arctic for offshore drilling is unlikely to reach its goals anytime soon, but instead will kick off a yearslong review and a legal battle.
- Paul scores 29, Clippers beat Jazz 98-93 to force Game 7
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Chris Paul scored 29 points and the Los Angeles Clippers forced a Game 7 in their first-round series with a 98-93 victory over the Utah Jazz on Friday night.
- Bradley scores 23, Celtics eliminate Bulls 105-83
CHICAGO (AP) — The Boston Celtics kept reminding each other not to let up as they closed in on a lopsided victory and a trip to the Eastern Conference semifinals.
- Washington DBs popular in 2nd round, Mixon to Bengals
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — It's Philly, so of course they booed.
- John Wall scores 42 points, Wizards knock out Hawks 115-99
ATLANTA (AP) — John Wall had that look in his eye at morning shootaround.
- Cam Talbot carries Oilers past Ducks 2-1, to 2-0 series lead
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Cam Talbot made 39 saves, Patrick Maroon scored a power-play goal and the Edmonton Oilers moved halfway to the Western Conference finals with a 2-1 victory over the Anaheim Ducks in Game 2 of their second-round series Friday night.