- Trump wraps up ceremony, turns to governing
WASHINGTON (AP) — As President Donald Trump wrapped up the ceremony of his inauguration and shifted to governing, he signaled he intends to move quickly to make a clean break from the Obama administration.
- Women descend on DC to push back against new president
WASHINGTON (AP) — Throngs of women determined to push back against the new American president descended on the nation's capital and other cities around the globe Saturday for marches aimed at showing Donald Trump they won't be silent over the next four years. They came wearing bright pink "pussyhats" and wielding signs with messages such as "Women won't back down" and "Less fear more love."
- World jittery about Trump's 'America first' inaugural speech
President Donald Trump's inaugural speech promised "America first" policy led by a forceful executive, in contrast to the coalition building and international conferences which have featured strongly in past administrations.
- 4 more survivors pulled out of Italy's avalanche-hit hotel
FARINDOLA, Italy (AP) — Emergency crews pulled out four more survivors from the rubble of a hotel crushed by an avalanche and were searching Saturday for more who may still be alive as family members awaited word if their relatives were among the lucky ones.
- Tornado rips through parts of south Mississippi, killing 4
HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP) — Four people were killed and scores of homes were flattened early Saturday when a tornado hitting in the dark of night ripped through a city in southern Mississippi, officials said.
- Kickers for final 4 NFL playoff teams each have leg up
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — Touchdowns are always nice, but clutch kickers are welcome security blankets for NFL offenses, especially in the playoffs.
- WNBA players starting to invest in food industry
NEW YORK (AP) — Whether it's to plan for their future once basketball is done, promote healthy living or just to have some fun, WNBA players such as Sue Bird and Maya Moore are getting involved in the food industry.
- Warriors get 6th straight win, 125-108 over Rockets
HOUSTON (AP) — The Golden State Warriors wanted to make sure the Houston Rockets wouldn't beat them from the 3-point line.
- Falcons don't belong in such elite company? Guess again.
If you're wondering what the Falcons are doing in the NFL's version of the Final Four with the Patriots, Steelers and Packers, you aren't alone.
- Savannah St., Citadel all about shooting 3s, shooting fast
Savannah State coach Horace Broadnax pulled a fast one on his players before the season, and now the Tigers have the fastest offense in Division I basketball.