- Trump: Not 'that far off' from passing health overhaul
WASHINGTON (AP) — Making a final push, President Donald Trump said he doesn't think congressional Republicans are "that far off" on a health overhaul to replace "the dead carcass of Obamacare." Expressing frustration, he complained about "the level of hostility" in government and wondered why both parties can't work together on the Senate bill as GOP critics expressed doubt over a successful vote this week.
- Over 150 dead as overturned fuel truck explodes in Pakistan
BAHAWALPUR, Pakistan (AP) — Alerted by an announcement over a mosque's loudspeaker that an overturned tanker truck had sprung a leak, scores of villagers raced to the scene with fuel containers Sunday to gather the oil. Then the wreck exploded, engulfing people in flames as they screamed in terror.
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- UK: All samples from high-rise towers fail fire safety tests
LONDON (AP) — The list of high-rise apartment towers in Britain that have failed fire safety tests grew to 60, officials said Sunday, revealing the mounting challenge the government faces in the aftermath of London's Grenfell Tower fire tragedy.
- Takata files for bankruptcy, overwhelmed by air bag recalls
Japanese air bag maker Takata Corp. has filed for bankruptcy protection in Tokyo and the U.S., overwhelmed by lawsuits and recall costs related to its production of defective air bag inflators linked to the deaths of at least 16 people.
- Dodgers win 10th in row, beat Rockies 12-6; Bellinger 2 HRs
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Los Angeles Dodgers unleashed yet another weapon to continue their winning streak.
- Jordan Spieth holes bunker shot to win Travelers playoff
CROMWELL, Conn. (AP) — Jordan Spieth needed an extra hole, a little bit of luck and an amazing final shot to finish off a wire-to-wire victory in the Travelers Championship.
- Kevin Harvick wins at Sonoma for 1st victory of season
SONONA, Calif. (AP) — Kevin Harvick led a 1-2-3 podium sweep for Ford while proving that veteran experience still counts for something in NASCAR.
- Tebow being promoted to Mets' affiliate in Florida
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Tim Tebow is moving up and heading south — to some very familiar territory.
- Big3 begins: 3-on-3 league has close games, not much Iverson
NEW YORK (AP) — Allen Iverson plans to be more spectator than scorer in the Big3.