- American jailed in Venezuela for 2 years now on his way home
WASHINGTON (AP) — Joshua Holt, who traveled to Venezuela from Utah in 2016 to marry a Spanish-speaking Mormon woman but soon found himself jailed and later branded the CIA's top spy in Latin America, was set free by the anti-American Maduro government on Saturday in what his family called "this miracle."
- Official tally shows big win for abortion rights in Ireland
DUBLIN (AP) — Irish voters cleared the way for abortions to be legal in their country for the first time by repealing a constitutional ban on the procedure and authorizing legislators to reflect the popular will by giving pregnant women a choice, results from a landmark referendum showed Saturday.
- North and South Korean leaders hold surprise 2nd summit
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-in met for the second time in a month on Saturday, holding a surprise summit at a border truce village to discuss Kim's potential meeting with President Donald Trump, Moon's office said.
- More LGBT issues loom as justices near wedding cake decision
WASHINGTON (AP) — A flood of lawsuits over LGBT rights is making its way through courts and will continue, no matter the outcome in the Supreme Court's highly anticipated decision in the case of a Colorado baker who would not create a wedding cake for a same-sex couple.
- Subtropical Storm Alberto heads to the US Gulf
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Florida and Mississippi launched emergency preparations Saturday ahead of the arrival of Subtropical Storm Alberto, a slow-moving system expected to cause wet misery across the eastern U.S. Gulf Coast over the holiday weekend.
- Ovechkin slays demons on first trip to Stanley Cup Final
ARLINGTON, Va. (AP) — Raw emotion came from Alex Ovechkin as he wore an "Eastern Conference champions" hat for the first time.
- Warriors facing elimination but undaunted entering Game 6
HOUSTON (AP) — If the Golden State Warriors are worried as they head into Game 6 of the Western Conference finals on the brink of elimination, they aren't showing it.
- Part-timers Danica, Helio garner full attention at Indy 500
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Part-time drivers and one-off rides are usually afterthoughts at the Indianapolis 500, where the sport's brightest stars tend to shine in the hot sun on the final Sunday of May.
- Rossi, Daly looking for real-life 'Amazing Race' in Indy 500
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Alexander Rossi and Conor Daly could view the Indy 500 as another leg of "The Amazing Race."
- Red Sox 2B Pedroia returns to lineup after knee surgery
BOSTON (AP) — Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia's comeback from offseason knee surgery is complete.