- Sessions questioned in Russia probe, Trump may be up soon
WASHINGTON (AP) — After questioning Attorney General Jeff Sessions as part of the Russia investigation, prosecutors are moving closer to a possible interview with President Donald Trump.
- Top Democrat rescinds offer of $25 billion for Trump's wall
WASHINGTON (AP) — Top Senate Democrat Chuck Schumer has pulled back an offer of $25 billion for President Donald Trump's long-promised southern border wall, as lawmakers scrambled to figure out how to push a deal to protect 700,000 or more so-called Dreamer immigrants from deportation.
- 'People just ran': Students fled for lives in fatal shooting
BENTON, Ky. (AP) — They ran silently, too stunned to shout.
- 'Enjoy hell:' Doctor's sentence next for assaulting gymnasts
LANSING, Mich. (AP) — After listening to the riveting pleas of more than 150 victims, a judge is set to sentence a Michigan doctor who parlayed his reputation and personal charm into years of sexual abuse by molesting Olympic gymnasts and other young female athletes instead of solving their sports injuries.
- DA seeks to bar parents from contacting 13 kids kept captive
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The parents accused of torturing 12 of their children and keeping them chained to beds for months and so malnourished their growth was stunted will appear in court Wednesday as prosecutors ask a judge to bar them from contacting their kids.
- AP NBA writers pick All-Star rosters for LeBron, Steph
LeBron, Stephen, you have some big decisions to make.
- LeBron gets 30,000, but Spurs beat slumping Cavs 114-102
SAN ANTONIO (AP) — LeBron James became the youngest player ever with 30,000 career points, then got upstaged by the youngest player on the court.
- NCAA looking into how Michigan State handled Nassar case
LANSING, Mich. (AP) — The NCAA is examining how Michigan State University handled the case of sports doctor Larry Nassar, who faces prison time for sexually assaulting Olympic gymnasts and other young female athletes.
- NAmerica touts 'risk averse' World Cup bid amid Trump issues
LONDON (AP) — With barely four months until FIFA votes on the 2026 World Cup host, Morocco got around to launching its bid on Tuesday.
- Martinez rockets up Hall of Fame ballot as DHs gain respect
NEW YORK (AP) — Edgar Martinez is rocketing up the Hall of Fame ballot, boosted 13 years after his final swing by new-age statistical analyses and campaigning.