- Trump 'evolving' on climate action, pressured by Europeans
TAORMINA, Italy (AP) — Forceful face-to-face talks this week with fellow world leaders left President Donald Trump "more knowledgeable" and with "evolving" views about the global climate accord he's threatened to abandon, a top White House official said Friday. Trump also was impressed by their arguments about how crucial U.S. leadership is in supporting international efforts.
- If FBI wants to talk to Kushner, lawyer says he's ready
WASHINGTON (AP) — If the FBI wants to talk to Jared Kushner about his Russian contacts, they won't have to track down the president's son-in-law. Amid reports the FBI is scrutinizing Kushner's encounters, his lawyer says he stands ready to talk to federal investigators as well as Congress about his contacts and his role in Donald Trump's 2016 campaign.
- At least 28 killed in ambush attack on Christians in Egypt
CAIRO (AP) — Masked gunmen ambushed a bus carrying Coptic Christians to a monastery south of Cairo on Friday, killing at least 28 people, and Egypt responded by launching airstrikes against what it said were militant training bases in Libya.
- Leery of North Korea, US plans first test of ICBM intercept
WASHINGTON (AP) — Preparing for North Korea's growing threat, the Pentagon will try to shoot down an intercontinental-range missile for the first time in a test next week. The goal is to more closely simulate a North Korean ICBM aimed at the U.S. homeland, officials said Friday
- UK Labour leader links terror to wars as campaign resumes
LONDON (AP) — Four days after a suicide bombing plunged Britain into mourning, political campaigning for a general election in two weeks resumed Friday with the main opposition leader linking acts of terrorism at home to foreign wars like the one in Libya.
- D'oh? No! Homer and 'The Simpsons' team earn Hall tribute
Steve Sax won two World Series rings, was a five-time All-Star and got nearly 2,000 hits in the big leagues.
- Now Warriors All-Star, Durant was once their 2nd choice
Truth be told, Golden State's former coach wasn't sure the Warriors needed Kevin Durant.
- Penguins ride maturity, resilience back to Stanley Cup Final
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and Chris Kunitz stood shoulder to shoulder at center ice as midnight approached, crowd on its feet, Prince of Wales Trophy in hand. Another shot at the Stanley Cup in the offing.
- Celtics star Isaiah Thomas unsure if he'll need hip surgery
Boston Celtics point guard Isaiah Thomas wanted to keep playing in the Eastern Conference finals, but team doctors and officials convinced him he needed to shut down his season for his long-term health.
- All eyes on Alonso in a wide-open Indianapolis 500 field
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — One of IndyCar's all-time greats will lead the field to green at the Indianapolis 500.