- Senate opens 'Obamacare' debate at last but outcome in doubt
WASHINGTON (AP) — Prodded by President Donald Trump, a bitterly divided Senate voted, at last, Tuesday to move forward with the Republicans' long-promised legislation to repeal and replace "Obamacare." There was high drama as Sen. John McCain returned to the Capitol for the first time after being diagnosed with brain cancer to cast a decisive "yes" vote.
- Cheers for McCain, then a speech like impassioned prophet
WASHINGTON (AP) — The maverick stood with his party on Tuesday, casting a crucial vote in the Republican drive to repeal "Obamacare." But then, like an angry prophet, Sen. John McCain condemned the tribal politics besetting the nation.
- Trump: Nation closer to liberation from 'Obamacare'
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP) — Celebrating a slim but symbolic health-care win in Washington, President Donald Trump told supporters in Ohio on Tuesday night that the nation was one step closer to liberation from the "Obamacare nightmare."
- Trump ex-campaign chair talks with Senate investigators
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman met with Senate investigators Tuesday, providing his recollection of a Trump Tower meeting with a Russian lawyer and agreeing to turn over contemporaneous notes of the gathering last year, according to people familiar with the closed-door interview.
- 'Pharma Bro' won't stop talking, except to jury in trial
NEW YORK (AP) — "Pharma Bro" Martin Shkreli has kept up his trademark trolling on social media during his securities fraud trial — calling the case "bogus" — but the jury won't hear him defend himself in court.
- Prescott controls Cowboys at camp, quite a switch in a year
OXNARD, Calif. (AP) — Dak Prescott climbed the stairs to the VIP tent that once served as Tony Romo's perch for interviews at training camp, facing a phalanx of cameras similar to the one his predecessor and the longtime Dallas starter used to see.
- Rose ceremony: Cavs sign Derrick Rose to 1-year contract
CLEVELAND (AP) — Derrick Rose's goal is to win an NBA championship. He's a little closer to one.
- Davies, power bats launch Brewers over Nationals 8-0
WASHINGTON (AP) — Though Zach Davies showed he's a triple-threat, the starting pitcher's best weapon was the one you'd least expect.
- Ledecky breezes to 3rd worlds gold, brash King wins again
BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP) — Katie Ledecky breezed to her third gold medal of the world championships, backing off a bit on her most grueling night of the meet.
- Brain disease seen in most football players in large report
CHICAGO (AP) — Research on 202 former football players found evidence of a brain disease linked to repeated head blows in nearly all of them, from athletes in the National Football League, college and even high school.