- Ex-FBI deputy director 'disappointed' in Comey comments
WASHINGTON (AP) — Andrew McCabe, the former FBI deputy director, is "very upset and disappointed" by comments made by his former boss James Comey that contradict his account of a disclosure to the news media, McCabe's lawyer said Friday.
- In Comey memos, Trump talks of jailed journalists, 'hookers'
WASHINGTON (AP) — In a series of startlingly candid conversations, President Donald Trump told former FBI Director James Comey that he had serious concerns about the judgment of a top adviser, asked about the possibility of jailing journalists and described a boast from Vladimir Putin about Russian prostitutes, according to Comey's notes of the talks obtained by The Associated Press on Thursday night.
- Students begin school walkouts on Columbine anniversary
Students from Florida to Chicago started streaming out of their schools Friday in the latest round of gun-control activism following the February shooting at a high school in Parkland, Florida.
- Mourners lining up to pay final respects to Barbara Bush
HOUSTON (AP) — A spray of flowers covered the closed silver casket of former first lady Barbara Bush in the sanctuary of a Houston church as hundreds of mourners began arriving Friday to pay their final respects.
- Israeli fire in new Gaza border protest kills 4 Palestinians
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — Israeli soldiers firing Friday from across a border fence killed four Palestinians, including a 15-year-old boy, and wounded more than 150 others, health officials said, as several thousand people in blockaded Gaza staged a fourth round of weekly protests on the border with Israel.
- Karolyis to NBC: 'No way' they knew about doctor's behavior
NEW YORK (AP) — Former USA Gymnastics women's national team coordinator Martha Karolyi and husband Bela tell NBC they were unaware of the abusive behavior by a former national team doctor now serving decades in prison.
- Carolina coach Bill Peters resigns after 4 seasons with club
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Bill Peters has not been able to lead the Carolina Hurricanes back to the NHL playoffs and after coming up short following his fourth season with the club, announced Friday that he is resigning.
- Column: Vegas provides a new template for expansion teams
Dan Bouchard can appreciate, better than most, the Miracle in the Desert.
- USA Gymnastics settles sex abuse lawsuit
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — USA Gymnastics has reached a confidential settlement in a Georgia lawsuit that spurred a newspaper investigation into the organization's practices for reporting child abuse.
- With new arena near, Bucks seek elusive playoff series win
MILWAUKEE (AP) — A billboard down the street from the Milwaukee Bucks' nearly completed new arena makes a proclamation in big, bold letters: "The Future is Here."