- The Latest: Trump abandons plans for infrastructure council
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on President Donald Trump (all times EDT):
- Attacker drives van into Barcelona crowd; 12 dead, 80 hurt
BARCELONA, Spain (AP) — A white van jumped up onto a sidewalk and sped down a pedestrian zone Thursday in Barcelona's historic Las Ramblas district, swerving from side to side as it plowed into tourists and residents. Authorities said 12 people were killed and 80 were wounded, 15 of them seriously, in what they called a terror attack.
- Trump decries monument removals, 'history ripped apart'
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump bitingly decried the rising movement to pull down monuments to Confederate icons Thursday, declaring the nation is seeing "the history and culture of our great country being ripped apart."
- Tillerson, Mattis insist military options remain for NKorea
WASHINGTON (AP) — America's diplomatic and defense chiefs sought Thursday to reinforce the threat of possible U.S. military action against North Korea after President Donald Trump's top strategist essentially called the commander-in-chief's warnings a bluff.
- Tense days for business owners without legal status in US
MIAMI (AP) — Maribel Resendiz and her husband came to the U.S. from Mexico, sold cool drinks to workers in the tomato fields of South Florida and eventually opened a bustling shop in a strip mall offering fruit smoothies and tacos. Now she is preparing for the possibility she'll have to leave it all behind.
- Goodell: Gordon's return 'not under active consideration'
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Josh Gordon's return to the Browns from an NFL suspension remains uncertain.
- Column: What's in a smaller glove? More hype for the fight
LAS VEGAS (AP) — It's only two ounces of foam, four if you count both hands.
- Corbin goes 8 2/3 innings, Diamondbacks beat Astros 4-0
HOUSTON (AP) — Patrick Corbin came within an out short of his first career shutout and first complete game since 2013 in the Arizona Diamondbacks' 4-0 victory over the Houston Astros on Thursday.
- Indians' Ramirez hit by pitch on forearm, leaves Twins' game
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Cleveland third baseman Jose Ramirez has left Thursday's game against Minnesota after getting hit by a pitch.
- Team: Rally cat to return to Cardinals after quarantine
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Rally Cat may be coming back to Busch Stadium.