- After NYC subway bombing, Trump slams 'chain migration'
NEW YORK (AP) — A would-be suicide bomber's rush-hour blast in the heart of the New York City subway system failed to cause the bloodshed he intended, authorities said, but it gave new fuel to President Donald Trump's push to limit immigration.
- Subway blast arrest leads to discussion of immigration rules
NEW YORK (AP) — The arrest of a Bangladeshi immigrant accused of making a homemade pipe bomb and setting it off in the New York subway system has led to discussion of the nation's immigration system, with President Donald Trump repeating his refrain that it needs to be overhauled in favor of more restrictions.
- #MeToo spotlight increasingly pointed at past Trump conduct
NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Trump sailed past a raft of allegations of sexual misconduct in last year's presidential election.
- Alabama foes make final push before big Senate vote
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Facing voters at last after the year's most bitter U.S. campaign, Alabama Republican Roy Moore cast himself Monday as the victim of a national barrage of unjust allegations of sexual misconduct with teenagers. Rival Doug Jones, hoping to become the state's first Democratic senator in two decades, declared their race was Alabama's referendum on "who we are and what we're going to tell our daughters."
- US-based climate scientists to take research to France
PARIS (AP) — It is a dream come true for U.S.-based climate scientists — the offer of all-expenses-paid life in France to advance their research in Europe instead of in the United States under climate skeptic President Donald Trump, two of the winners say.
- Brady intercepted twice as Dolphins beat Pats 27-20
MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. (AP) — The Miami Dolphins wore their perfect season uniforms, and for at least one game in 2017, they looked the part.
- Eagles turn to Nick Foles after Carson Wentz goes down
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Carson Wentz got the Eagles this far. Now, it's up to Nick Foles to deliver Philadelphia its first Super Bowl title.
- No. 2 Oklahoma leads with 3 1st-team AP All-Americans
No. 2 Oklahoma will bring three All-Americans to the College Football Playoff.
- Brady struggles again in Miami, as Pats lose to Dolphins
MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. (AP) — Tom Brady was a mere mortal in Miami.
- NFL, NFLPA looking into Savage's return despite concussion
The NFL is checking whether concussion protocol was properly followed Sunday when Houston Texans quarterback Tom Savage was allowed to briefly return to action after a hard hit in the end zone that left him dazed and with his hands quivering.