- Trump: Not 'that far off' from passing health overhaul
WASHINGTON (AP) — Making a final push, President Donald Trump said he doesn't think congressional Republicans are "that far off" on a health overhaul to replace "the dead carcass of Obamacare." Expressing frustration, he complained about "the level of hostility" in government and wondered why both parties can't work together on the Senate bill as GOP critics expressed doubt over a successful vote this week.
- Over 150 dead as overturned fuel truck explodes in Pakistan
BAHAWALPUR, Pakistan (AP) — Alerted by an announcement over a mosque's loudspeaker that an overturned tanker truck had sprung a leak, scores of villagers raced to the scene with fuel containers Sunday to gather the oil. Then the wreck exploded, engulfing people in flames as they screamed in terror.
- Analysis indicates partisan gerrymandering has benefited GOP
The 2016 presidential contest was awash with charges that the fix was in: Republican Donald Trump repeatedly claimed that the election was rigged against him, while Democrats have accused the Russians of stacking the odds in Trump's favor.
- Possible effects of gerrymandering seen in uncontested races
When voters cast ballots for state representatives last fall, millions of Americans essentially had no choice: In 42 percent of all such elections, candidates faced no major party opponents.
- Activists kept from gathering en masse for Istanbul Pride
ISTANBUL (AP) — Turkish police stopped activists for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex rights from gathering in large numbers for an LGBT pride event in Istanbul on Sunday, but smaller groups made impromptu press statements defying a ban imposed by the governor.
- Burling, Team New Zealand reach match point in America's Cup
HAMILTON, Bermuda (AP) — Helmsman Peter Burling and his underdog Emirates Team New Zealand won two races Sunday to reach match point in the America's Cup against Jimmy Spithill and two-time defending champion Oracle Team USA.
- Once-homeless sisters mingle with track stars at nationals
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — The three once-homeless sisters recited all the athletes they met at nationals and the souvenirs they received as they slurped shaved ice.
- Posada makes Old Timers' debut; Raines honored ahead of HOF
NEW YORK (AP) — Jorge Posada peppered line drives around the Yankee Stadium outfield, first from the left side, and then the right.
- Mellower now, John McEnroe wants today's players to get mad
NEW YORK (AP) — John McEnroe wants more anger in tennis.
- Ex-FSU star Myron Rolle ready to begin med school residency
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Myron Rolle has accomplished many things on and off the field. His biggest ones, though, might still be coming up.