- 7 Earth-size worlds found orbiting star; could hold life
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) — For the first time ever, astronomers have discovered seven Earth-size planets orbiting a nearby star — and these new worlds could hold life.
- Trump administration to lift transgender bathroom guidance
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration will revoke federal guidelines that tell public schools to let transgender students use bathrooms and locker rooms matching their chosen gender identity, the White House said Wednesday.
- Fearful immigrants take steps to protect families from Trump
In Orange County, California, dozens of immigrants have signed powers of attorney authorizing relatives and friends to pick up their children from school and access their bank accounts to pay their bills in the event they are arrested by immigration agents.
- Pipeline protesters pray, set fires ahead of camp closing
CANNON BALL, N.D. (AP) — The last people remaining at a Dakota Access pipeline protest camp prayed and set fire to a handful of wooden structures on Wednesday, hours ahead of a deadline set by the Army Corps of Engineers to close the camp.
- Trump lays out tougher approach to illegal immigration
WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump the presidential candidate made no secret of his desire to crack down on illegal immigration, but once elected, he repeatedly offered varying interpretations of just how tough he would be in the White House.
- Pelicans' Cousins: He and Davis can 'wreak havoc' together
METAIRIE, La. (AP) — DeMarcus Cousins says his prayers have been answered.
- Eyes on prize: Indians nervous about Miller pitching in WBC
GOODYEAR, Ariz. (AP) — Here's a change or, ahem, a change-up: Andrew Miller has the Indians feeling nervous.
- In nearly 3 years on job, Phil Jackson hasn't fixed Knicks
NEW YORK (AP) — Carmelo Anthony had a half-season of clues about what Phil Jackson thought of him, and now it was his turn to evaluate his boss.
- The Latest: Kenseth won't hang out at tracks in retirement
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — The Latest on Daytona 500 media day (all times local):
- Former NFL players union director dies at age 76
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Ed Garvey, the lawyer who led the National Football League Players Association through strikes in 1974 and 1982, has died at age 76.