- 15 bodies found after landslide buries scores in China
MAO COUNTY, China (AP) — Crews searching through the night in the rubble left by a landslide that buried a mountain village under tons of soil and rocks in southwestern China found 15 bodies, but more than 100 more people remained missing.
- Koch chief says health care bill insufficiently conservative
COLORADO SPRING, Colo. (AP) — Chief lieutenants in the Koch brothers' political network lashed out at the Senate Republican health care bill on Saturday as not conservative enough, becoming a powerful outside critic as GOP leaders try to rally support for their plan among rank-and-file Republicans.
- Overturned oil tanker explodes in Pakistan, killing 120
MULTAN, Pakistan (AP) — An overturned oil tanker burst into flames in Pakistan on Sunday, killing more than 120 people who had rushed to the scene of the highway accident to gather leaking fuel, an official said.
- UK finds 34 high-rise apartment buildings with unsafe siding
LONDON (AP) — Britain's fire-safety crisis expanded substantially Saturday as authorities said 34 high-rise apartment blocks across the country had cladding that failed fire safety tests. London officials scrambled to evacuate four public housing towers after experts found them "not safe for people to sleep in overnight."
- Concert in Utah park honors man killed in London attack
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The life of a Utah man who ran a recording studio at his home before he was killed in a high-profile London attack that also injured his wife was celebrated Saturday with the local music he loved.
- Sonnen tops Silva in unanimous decision at Bellator in NYC
NEW YORK (AP) — Chael Sonnen won a unanimous decision over Wanderlei Silva in a much-delayed grudge match to take the light heavyweight bout Saturday night in Bellator's debut at Madison Square Garden.
- Worth the wait: Bibens-Dirkx pitches Rangers past Yanks 8-1
NEW YORK (AP) — A dozen years of minor league bus rides paid off with a day in the sun at Yankee Stadium for Austin Bibens-Dirkx.
- Faedo fabulous again, Florida beats TCU to go to CWS finals
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Alex Faedo dominated TCU for a second straight time, and now he and his Florida Gators teammates will face a familiar opponent in the College World Series finals.
- LSU beats Oregon State 6-1 to reach CWS finals
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Nothing LSU encounters in the College World Series championship series will be any more daunting than the task the Tigers had to complete to get there.
- Jordan Spieth birdies 18th to keep Travelers lead
CROMWELL, Conn. (AP) — Jordan Spieth continues to play just a little better than anyone else at the Travelers Championship.